The Children's Place

Getting the Interview

80 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Port Arthur, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Children's Place in January 2014.

Interview Details Questions on you previous employment and reasons for leaving them. Scheduling concerns

Interview Question – Selling yourself to the manager   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details Really simple interview, was sat down with a group of applicants and pretty much chatted about past work experience.

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details One interview, heard back within days, very typical questions

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details The interview was pretty standard. Just basic questions about my experience in retail and questions on how I would handle certain situations.

Interview Question – All questions were standard, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details Filled out application online. Heard back about 3 months later. It had been so long I had forgot about them. Was a group interview first with the Assistant Manger. She asked the basic questions. Then the Store Manager came out and hired us all on the spot. Wasn't put on the schedule till 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Nothing was difficult. All basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Centralia, WA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Children's Place in October 2013.

Interview Details They called me, told me they were hiring about 10 people. I came in for the interview and all they did was ask me how I would handle a hard costumer and a hard situation and what I would do. Then they asked about school, about where I lived and how I would describe myself.

Interview Question – How would i describe myself?   View Answer

Parma, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Children's Place in November 2013.

Interview Details Only had one interview after applying online four weeks prior to getting the call to setting up the appointment. Business casual dress, a little over doing it for this company, but it doesn't hurt. Was asked my experience with customers and how to deal with angry or upset customers? Any prior retail experience? Was able to show the Store manager my personality and various characteristics by the conversation/interview alone. Was hired the day of the interview. Hiring process extended throughout the first week I was there because staff was short and I had to have assistant managers walk me through the application process on the computer.

Interview Question – Did I have any prior experience with cash registers?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not really much negotiation, she asked me after our off topic conversations when I was available to start.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details I had a group interview and we were asked what experience we had. The interview was about 5 minutes long.

Interview Question – None really we were asked very basic questions   Answer Question

Hyattsville, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details It was a group interview. Pretty normal and straight forward. Have to put together two outfits and explain why we chose them. Very easy going. Need to be friendly and happy and show off a good personality.

Interview Question – Not difficult, but was asked, What is customer service to you when you walk into a store?

Also, I was asked why did I choose my field of study?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation at the time is what I was told, but because I had a lot of experience, was possible to move up in the company a little faster than others.

Interviewed at The Children's Place

Interview Details It was easy. Maybe because I like working with others. You need to be friendly. They want people who, no matter how much of a bad mood is being experienced, can put a smile on their face and greet customers.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Children's Place

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Children's Place Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 80 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Children's Place employees and interview candidates.