The Children's Place

Getting the Interview

13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details Hiring was smooth and easy. 3 part interview. SM, DM then Regional.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, the offer was what I expected.

Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details 3 interviews 1. phone/DM 2. Face to face/DM 3. phone/RVP

Interview Question – How do you create a customer service culture in a store that has not had one in over a long period of time?   Answer Question

Concord, CA (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details I was heavily recruited and finally met with the DM about upcoming position for new store manager. I felt my interview with the DM was breeze ( more a conversation), their was no Regional Manager available so I had a phone interview with HR. I got a call immediately following my phone interview with an offer.

Interview Question – I have never been asked about my family during an interview. It was off the record of course but it was genuine and felt as if they appreciated associates/leaders that understand family is important and a key role in their success.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – upfront I expressed that I was very happy and i would not leave for anything less that a set amount. I was offered $1.5 more an hour and was pleased that before my job had started that my leader would go to bat for me.

San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details Normal, nothing special.

Interview Question – hearing about compensation...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was not one.

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details The first call was from the HR recruiter who was very professional and pleasant. It was a very nice interview where it looks like we were sharing experiences. She ask me so many questions (behavior/operational) that I don't remember all of them but I do know that I talked more than I usually do.

Interview Question – It came when I had a face to face interview with the District Manager. He asked me about the companies that I have work before and when I started to answer the question he suddenly started talking about the company he had work for. It was a very awkward conversation because I ended up asking him question to keep the 'conversation' flowing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We have considered to offer you $$$.
(It was $2,000 more than the minimum that I requested therefore I accepted the offer)

Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Interview Details Easiest interview ever. A lot of situational but basic questions. All they really want to know is how much crap you can do in a small amount of time.

Interview Question – there were no difficult questions, just the same stale bottled questions most employers ask   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – clear cut. no negotiations allowed

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place in March 2012.

Interview Details First two interviews I had were over the phone with two different district managers the third interview was in person with the district manager and regional manager. I was recruited by a district manager and asked to apply online, the application has a personality test that tales at least 30-45 minutes and it is ridiculous to try and post your resume. I received a call a few hours after I submitted my application and that was my first phone interview, it was about 30 minutes long.

Interview Question – What is your definition of customer service?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – District manager called and made an offer for more than what I asked for.

Fort Smith, AR (US)

I interviewed at The Children's Place in March 2012.

Interview Details it took a long time and finding the form online was a tedious, but worth it. I went thruogh a dm and rm interview it took over a month of correspondence

Interview Question – the dm was very at ease and i had no problem answering the questions i do a lot of interviwing myself so im used to them   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it was great because my concern was the insurance and its effective immediately upon hire, the dm offered me a raise and i accepted quickly

Roseville, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Children's Place in November 2009.

Interview Details You interview with HR and a DM. They sell you on work life balance, but it is a lie.

Interview Question – "Sell me your shirt." "What kind of animal would you ne?"   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate. They offer a set base pay.

Fairfield, CT (US)

The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Children's Place in August 2011.

Interview Details I made phone calls and went into the stores and asked for SM's about openings, they passed my info along to the DM. I recommend being pro-active with any type of position you are interested in. That says it all for the powers that be, they know you went out of your way, I got an interview right away. Met with the DM and phone interview with Regional. Easy if you are bright and have experience. Just be goal oriented, truly believe in and know what exceptional customer service is and talk about how and what you would do to grow the business. Smile and be excited about the company! Great company, great salaries, make sure your not put into a hornets nest of a store, ie; bad staff. Ask why there is an opening. It makes ALL the difference in the world to be placed in a decent store. A brand new one if possible, with new staff!

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate, bump up your desired salary and you will get more. Keep in mind-the companies always determine bonuses, by hiking the goals. Don't count on making bonuses to make up for salary, don't ever be afraid to ask for more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Children's Place

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Children's Place Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Children's Place employees and interview candidates.