The Children's Place Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

16 interviews

2.5

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Very fast! Had 3 interviews in 2 days and an offer on the 3rd day had an interview with the DM the next day I interviewed with regional and then hr and then the DM offered my position

Interview Questions
  • None...very average....what are your goals? What would your current employer say about you? Strengths? Weaknesses? Etc...   Answer Question
Quick and minimal but I am a poor negotiator

Other Interview Reviews for The Children's Place

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Honolulu, HI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place in January 2012.

hiring and interview process was very pleasant. they asked simple questions. HR was pleasant and i was able freely speak up. questions started like tell me about yourself ? then describe difficult situation you had and how did you solved it. and ect..

Interview Questions
    its was internal promotion so they just offered 25% kinda like take it or leave it.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Children's Place in February 2010.

I had 3 interviews. first with the district mgr, then the human resource mgr, then the regional mgr. the last 2 were over the phone. The first interview was almost 2 hours. the phone interviews were almost an hour each.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about a time when......there were about 10 of these questions that were long drawn out scenarios. a bit too much of the same thing I thought.   Answer Question
    they offered and I accepted.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Hiring was smooth and easy. 3 part interview. SM, DM then Regional.

Interview Questions
    Simple, the offer was what I expected.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Children's Place.

3 interviews 1. phone/DM 2. Face to face/DM 3. phone/RVP

Interview Questions
    • How do you create a customer service culture in a store that has not had one in over a long period of time?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place.

I was heavily recruited and finally met with the DM about upcoming position for new store manager. I felt my interview with the DM was breeze ( more a conversation), their was no Regional Manager available so I had a phone interview with HR. I got a call immediately following my phone interview with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I have never been asked about my family during an interview. It was off the record of course but it was genuine and felt as if they appreciated associates/leaders that understand family is important and a key role in their success.   Answer Question
    upfront I expressed that I was very happy and i would not leave for anything less that a set amount. I was offered $1.5 more an hour and was pleased that before my job had started that my leader would go to bat for me.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Normal, nothing special.

there was not one.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Children's Place.

The first call was from the HR recruiter who was very professional and pleasant. It was a very nice interview where it looks like we were sharing experiences. She ask me so many questions (behavior/operational) that I don't remember all of them but I do know that I talked more than I usually do.

Interview Questions
    • It came when I had a face to face interview with the District Manager. He asked me about the companies that I have work before and when I started to answer the question he suddenly started talking about the company he had work for. It was a very awkward conversation because I ended up asking him question to keep the 'conversation' flowing.   Answer Question
    We have considered to offer you $$$.
    (It was $2,000 more than the minimum that I requested therefore I accepted the offer)

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Children's Place.

Easiest interview ever. A lot of situational but basic questions. All they really want to know is how much crap you can do in a small amount of time.

Interview Questions
    • there were no difficult questions, just the same stale bottled questions most employers ask   Answer Question
    clear cut. no negotiations allowed

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Children's Place in March 2012.

First two interviews I had were over the phone with two different district managers the third interview was in person with the district manager and regional manager. I was recruited by a district manager and asked to apply online, the application has a personality test that tales at least 30-45 minutes and it is ridiculous to try and post your resume. I received a call a few hours after I submitted my application and that was my first phone interview, it was about 30 minutes long.

Interview Questions
    • What is your definition of customer service?   View Answer
    District manager called and made an offer for more than what I asked for.

Worked for The Children's Place? Contribute to the Community!