The Gap Interview Questions

Updated 22 Oct 2014
Updated 22 Oct 2014

2.4

Gap Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

I was called about a month later after applying online for the job. It was a group interview and very laid back. It was nice because the manager made us feel comfortable and it made it easy to answer the questions being asked, I wore a dress but so e of the people wore jeans,they don't seem too strict about the dress code. We got asked questions like why we love gap ect. Plus questions that related to how we acted in difficult situations like working with someone we didn't like ect.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

I arrived ten minutes ahead of my scheduled interview time, and told an associate I was there for my interview. I waited 15 minutes after my interview time and the manager finally came around to apologized for the delay because their was an error in scheduling I had my interview with a different manager. I was told to pick out two outfits one that represented myself and another outfit I would dress someone else. During the actual interview I explained my choices and advertise well. It was a group interview, but I felt comfortable during the process as my interviewer was friendly and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • Is it more important to achieve team goals or individual ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied at a job fair and online. Group interview with 5 people. Interviewer was very friendly and put us at ease. We pulled 2 different looks, one to describe us and another to wear in fall/winter. After explaining the looks we were asked a few questions. Overall it was good and dare I say fun?

Interview Questions
    • Do you value personal or team goals more and why?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

As soon as I was submitting the job application they asked me if I had time for an interview, right there and then. The interview lasted like around an hour and mainly questions about customer service. A week after they called to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was to demonstrate that even though I didn't have experience in a retail store I knew about customer service.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Gap in October 2014.

I filled out the application and the next day I got a call for an interview a week later. It was a group interview about 12 people for a new store they're opening so they're were going to be a lot of job opportunities. They asked us 3 simple questions and told us they would let us know by the end of the week. I was called Tuesday mid-day and offed a position.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time where you realized you made a mistake and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Gap in October 2014.

I applied on Tuesday late evening and by Wednesday I was called for a brief phone interview. After I passed I was given a face to face interview for the next day. First off the interviewer started very unprofessional by being late then it continued with her having a nasty attitude. I wouldn't want to work for this location if that's the type of people who will be managing me.

Interview Questions
    • What goals did you have to meet at your previous employer?   Answer Question

Unprofessional interview experience

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in October 2014.

I was called 2 weeks after I submitted an online application. During the phone call I was assesed. Regarding why I want to work for the company, availability, etc. She told me she'd like me to come in for an interview. The following saturday. It was a group interview. I wore jeans, boots, a button up and pullover sweater. I answered all questions. Out of the group of 10, myself and another girl were immediately offered the position.

Interview Questions
    No need. Salary was great!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flatbush, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flatbush, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

Regular retail questions. You apply online and they will call you. It is easy. Just dont be nervous. Sometimes it is group interview sometimes they are one on one interview.

No negotiation.

Gap Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

I went into the store to get an application and they interviewed me on the spot. They told me to then go home and apply online. After my application was done online I was to call the store to tell them that I had finished the application online. Then they told me my schedule and I was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me a outfit. Go find a outfit around the store and sell it to me.   Answer Question
    None it was my first job and I was still in Highschool at the time.

Associate Visual Merchandiser Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Gap.

Phone interview, In-Person Interview including at home project and on site project. All interviews are all about personality plus presentation skills. Individuals should be articulate and polished skills. As well as be a proactive thinker and creative. Good business acumen a plus.