The Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

265 interviews

2.2

265 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, TN (US)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

Initially I was interview by the scheduling manager. He asked a few questions about my prior experience. As well as a few situational questions. It was very lax and I wore clothes that would be appropriate for working there. He offered me a hourly wage of $10.

Interview Questions
  • "What would you do?" type of questions such if you see a fellow employee stealing, what the protocol should be.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Štore (Slovenia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Štore (Slovenia)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at The Gap.

The interview was a very pleasant experience! The manager was very personable while asking questions to find out my work experience and what my expectations were for this job. He was also looking for what positive attributes that my former experience could add to this stores team. I feel that is very important to know, as a manager. He was actually building his team to be successful, by adding diversity in all areas of the staff! GREAT MANAGER!!! KNOWS HIS STUFF AND LEADS BY EXAMPLE!!!

FAIR

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Gap in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. The call was confusing because she asked me about my availability and even though I told her she was still confused on the hours that I could work. When it was time for the interview, she asked a lot of the basic questions. This was my 1st ever interview and I was kind of surprised when she made me go out on the floor and pretend to help people out. After the interview was done, she said that she would call the next day, but never did.

Interview Questions
    • Either having to go out on the floor or what was the worst type of customer service you've had?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call the very next day. The phone call lasted 5-10 minutes, and just went over a couple basic things from a prior retail job I had. Two days later, I was scheduled for an in person interview. That one lasted about an hour, with the same person who did my phone interview. It was very easy and laid back, but it may have helped that I am familiar with the brand, love fashion, and have several years of retail experience. I had to wait for the required background check to go through. Exactly one week after my in person interview, I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a pair of jeans that you had never seen or even touched until that moment to a customer who was interested?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap.

Pretty generic interview questions that can be prepared beforehand, i.e. greatest strength and weakness, how you deal with difficult situations, etc. I was contacted for an interview and hired within 2 weeks or so.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Gap in September 2010.

it was quick and concise... And, getting an interview pretty much guarantees hiring. the staff seems welcoming. not that much questions during the interview process. it was informal so for the position it is really not nerve wracking.

quick

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in August 2011.

just apply online and they'll call you if they're interested. interview process is pretty easy. just be yourself and answer honestly and you should be set. i wore a v neck sweater and an oxford button down and skinny jeans. they tell you to sell them what you have on and that was pretty easy. try to stand out but don't over do it because it doesnt seem like they like that too much.

Interview Questions
    there wasn't one. its was a starting position so i took it. 8.25 isn't so bad.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online for The Gap , and the next day I got a call for an interview. The interview was a group interview with at least 20 people, there were three mangers and each one of them asked a question, and everyone took turns answering the question, and they did a little thing where you had to try and remember everyones name in the circle.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. When is there a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? What is a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it? what is one word that describe you?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in January 2013.

applied online got a phone call and group interview in the same week. About ten people there. Very friendly environment. Not intimidating at all. Depending on the hiring manager, the process is fairly simple.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in June 2014.

Went in the store for introduction then applied online. I had an one on one interview with the manager and the interview questions were pretty standard. Mostly about previous work experience and how I would handle difficult situations. However, I didn't find the manager to be very professional. Main reason why I declined the offer. Totally agree with some other comments, the management could be a hit or miss.

I didn't want to work for that particular manager.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!