The Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 10 Oct 2014

2.2

273 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied at a job fair and online. Group interview with 5 people. Interviewer was very friendly and put us at ease. We pulled 2 different looks, one to describe us and another to wear in fall/winter. After explaining the looks we were asked a few questions. Overall it was good and dare I say fun?

Interview Questions
  • Do you value personal or team goals more and why?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Sales Associate Interview

As soon as I was submitting the job application they asked me if I had time for an interview, right there and then. The interview lasted like around an hour and mainly questions about customer service. A week after they called to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was to demonstrate that even though I didn't have experience in a retail store I knew about customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flatbush, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flatbush, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

Regular retail questions. You apply online and they will call you. It is easy. Just dont be nervous. Sometimes it is group interview sometimes they are one on one interview.

No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap in September 2014.

Apply when a big holiday is coming up because you almost guarantee to get the job, about 1-5 days they will call you to set up an interview with one of the managers there. They will ask you simple questions like why you wanna work there, your previous employers why you left, your hobbies etc. Also they will go over the policies they have. If you get the job job then you are required to watch some videos thats probably like 3 hours long, good thing about that is that you still get paid for watching them

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

Initially I was interview by the scheduling manager. He asked a few questions about my prior experience. As well as a few situational questions. It was very lax and I wore clothes that would be appropriate for working there. He offered me a hourly wage of $10.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do?" type of questions such if you see a fellow employee stealing, what the protocol should be.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Štore (Slovenia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Štore (Slovenia)

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Gap.

The interview was a very pleasant experience! The manager was very personable while asking questions to find out my work experience and what my expectations were for this job. He was also looking for what positive attributes that my former experience could add to this stores team. I feel that is very important to know, as a manager. He was actually building his team to be successful, by adding diversity in all areas of the staff! GREAT MANAGER!!! KNOWS HIS STUFF AND LEADS BY EXAMPLE!!!

FAIR

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

Pretty generic interview questions that can be prepared beforehand, i.e. greatest strength and weakness, how you deal with difficult situations, etc. I was contacted for an interview and hired within 2 weeks or so.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call the very next day. The phone call lasted 5-10 minutes, and just went over a couple basic things from a prior retail job I had. Two days later, I was scheduled for an in person interview. That one lasted about an hour, with the same person who did my phone interview. It was very easy and laid back, but it may have helped that I am familiar with the brand, love fashion, and have several years of retail experience. I had to wait for the required background check to go through. Exactly one week after my in person interview, I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a pair of jeans that you had never seen or even touched until that moment to a customer who was interested?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

first I did the online application, about 2 weeks later, i got a call to come in for a group interview. I arrived 30 minutes early and looked around the store while the interviewer was getting ready. It was 4 people in total and we were taken to the back room and sat down at a couch. They asked us if we had any job experience, a time where we had to deal with people, and how we would describe our fashion style and who our fashion role model was. And that was it

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with people or customers   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

Iinteriew with 5 other people, sat in a room, did an ie breaker. Interviewer asked basic questions such as explain an experience you had with a customer, why do you want to work a tGAP, what are two things a sales associate should have.