The Hartford

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at The Hartford in March 2013.

Interview Details Interviewed on-campus at Arizona State. Two interviews same-day, about 30-45 min each. All behavioral questions. Was really a "get to know you" type of interview. Received phone call about a week later with employment offer.

Interview Question – No technical questions. Just the generic, "tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer or teammate and how did you handle the scenario". Cookie-cutter questions that anyone should be able to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Associate Claim Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details I was recommended by a current employee who passed my resume along to management, had a phone interview with HR and then a physical interview with two supervisors and then a manager.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer was really irate
What is your biggest weakness
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotation in general. As my first job out of college I felt like I had no room to negotiate stuff like pay, I have since changed that aspect with open communication.

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Associate Claims Representative
Windsor, CT (US)

I applied online - interviewed at The Hartford in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and received a response within a couple of days. I first had to do a phone interview that had some pretty standard questions. A couple days later, I went in for an in- person interview. My interview was about a week and a half ago and I am currently waiting for a response.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard, the only one I got that I have never really had before was to explain the difference between business writing and regular writing.   View Answer

Associate Claim Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2012.

Interview Details The interview process was long. I started with an on-campus interview and after a few days a over the phone interview. About 2 weeks later I was called again to come into the office for a panel interview which lasted about 2 hours long with about 6 different senior staff.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was "In 2 years where do you see yourself"   Answer Question

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Associate Claims Representative
Hartford, CT (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in November 2012.

Interview Details I applied online and about a week later I was requested to take their online skills/personality test. It was pretty straight forward and included a call center simulation segment. A few weeks after taking this test I was emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went pretty much as expected and there were no extremely difficult or unexpected questions asked.

Interview Question – Looking at your resume it seems that none of your past jobs have been related to insurance, why are you interested in pursuing a career in insurance currently?   Answer Question

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!