The Hartford

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details I was recommended by a current employee who passed my resume along to management, had a phone interview with HR and then a physical interview with two supervisors and then a manager.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer was really irate
What is your biggest weakness
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotation in general. As my first job out of college I felt like I had no room to negotiate stuff like pay, I have since changed that aspect with open communication.

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Windsor, CT (US)

I applied online - interviewed at The Hartford in November 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and received a response within a couple of days. I first had to do a phone interview that had some pretty standard questions. A couple days later, I went in for an in- person interview. My interview was about a week and a half ago and I am currently waiting for a response.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard, the only one I got that I have never really had before was to explain the difference between business writing and regular writing.   View Answer

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2012.

Interview Details The interview process was long. I started with an on-campus interview and after a few days a over the phone interview. About 2 weeks later I was called again to come into the office for a panel interview which lasted about 2 hours long with about 6 different senior staff.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was "In 2 years where do you see yourself"   Answer Question

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Hartford, CT (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in November 2012.

Interview Details I applied online and about a week later I was requested to take their online skills/personality test. It was pretty straight forward and included a call center simulation segment. A few weeks after taking this test I was emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went pretty much as expected and there were no extremely difficult or unexpected questions asked.

Interview Question – Looking at your resume it seems that none of your past jobs have been related to insurance, why are you interested in pursuing a career in insurance currently?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Hartford

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!

The Hartford Videos

The Hartford – Why Work for Us?

​​Overview​​ ​​​The Hartford spirit is collaborative, collegial, and community oriented because our culture is rooted in shared values. Our employees live the values of integrity, teamwork, customer focus, financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Hartford Associate Claims Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Hartford employees and interview candidates.