The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

214 interviews

2.2

214 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Temecula, CA (US)
Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

After going through an absolutely ridiculous online application process in which I was not really sure if my application was initially submitted...I got a phone call the SAME morning I was emailed to be notified I would be receiving the call. They did not even mention an exact time, just a time frame of 4 hours.

Interview Questions
  • What was unexpected is that I could not really understand the person doing the interview so most of the time I was guessing the questions and everything she was saying....I am not a racist person nor judgmental in any way except in emergency situations. I believe it was unfair to have someone with an extremely strong accent to interview people for HOME DEPOT....if I was able to actually talk to the person rather than be drilled like I was a criminal I am sure I would have been working there by now. How hard is it to scan products and help people people I have THREE CHILDREN AND KNOW PLENTY ABOUT HELPING AND SCANNING :)   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Watsonville, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Home Depot in August 2014.

Applied online and then got a response to call for phone interview. Passed that and got an in person interview. Still waiting on background and drug test. They ask a lot about customer service and your overall work experience

Interview Questions
    • There really wasn't any difficult just would you be able to lift heavy things a lot   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alton, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, IL (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2010.

Short phone interview, In person interview, and drug screening directly after...very slow to call though...very slow to get me in for initial training...then you spend a couple weeks doing "Rapid Web Based Training" Depending on your position you might have more or less training to do. Aside from that it was just paperwork and waiting three weeks for the drug screening results

Interview Questions
    • None...All of the questions were simple and easy, Like If you were in this situation what would you do, Is stealing okay, or Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with this or that   View Answer
    Zero negotiation possible just take it or leave it at 8.35

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis, MO (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Process started with automated phone questions which anyone could answer. Then I was transfered to a live person who asked me several more questions. I was told after answering the questions that I had passed that portion of the interview process. Then that live person scheduled a face to face interview at the local Home Depot store. Face to face interview at store was with a woman who seemed like she could care less about me, the interview, or her job. The interviewer did no make eye contact with me, she seemed distracted, and was unprofessional. She gave me very little information and did not explain to me the purpose for, or the reason why, she was requesting certain information from me. The interview lasted about ten minutes. Two weeks passed and I got a call from the lady who interviewed me requesting that I provide a state I.D. in order for them to run a background check. I was asked at that time if I was still interested in a position at Home Depot. I was told that the position I applied for was no longer available but they were considering me for other positions but did not tell me which ones.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions or unexpected questions.   View Answer

After face to face interview at the store I decided that it was not a work environment that I wanted to be a part of.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Home Depot in September 2013.

They asked a lot of basic questions about experience with customer service, how I could handle it when we get long lines, blah blah, it was honestly all very basic customer service questions. They don't ask you if you know about hardware or lumber or anything I don't think they really care.

Interview Questions
    • There were no mind blowing questions. Maybe the most difficult I guess was what are your weaknesses? idk..   Answer Question
    The rate will be 9.75, do you accept? lol.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in February 2010.

Only had one interview. Manager was very nice hired me on the stop. I have 3 years retail experience. The manager basically explained everything that was going to be my job. She was very nice and She never made me feel uncomfortable even though this was only my 2nd interview.

Cashier Interview

I applied online, and I heard back about a month later for a phone interview. 2 days later I got an email to set up my in-person interview. I am hoping that I get the job.

Interview Questions
    • On the phone interview: What was your most difficult time you had at your old job.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

I got hired on the spot, which was very unexpected. I had 24 hours to take the drug test and I took it immediately after the interview. My interviewer didn't seem like someone who judges off of stupid things such as eye contact. She said I had a great attitude and she believed I would be a good employee for The Home Depot. I am a recent college graduate with a bachelors degree in Business Administration. I believe it helped her decision to hire me knowing that I wouldn't be taking more classes in the fall because I am done with college and my availability is open. They do work with you if you do have take classes.

Interview Questions
    • Do you want to work for a company where you will grow?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Houston, TX (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

I was 15 minutes early, the manager was very kind and thanked me for being early. He asked me to wait for a few minutes and came and got me at appt. time. There were about 8 straight forward questions, which I answered that were common sense in regards tp dealing with the company.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the hardest thing to deal with during a shift   View Answer
    I asked for what I thought they were hiring for, he said he wished he could do it worked on his computer and offered .75 less per hour.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Utica, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utica, MI (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Home Depot in July 2014.

Pretty simple questions if you have ever worked retail. A lot about dealing with customers. Had to interview with two separate people then they offered me the job. Must take drug screen within 48 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to use speed and accuracy to complete a task.   Answer Question
    Not really any negotiation. They only pay $8.50 for cashiers.

Worked for The Home Depot? Contribute to the Community!