The Home Depot Cashier Interview Questions

Updated 15 Apr 2015

2.2

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in American Fork, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (American Fork, UT (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

They email you telling you they'll call you for an interview with an automated system. Or you can call their phone number in the email.

The automated phone interview was super easy, you just pressed numbers to answer the questions and it was very straight forward. Then you're transferred to an actual person. There were about four interview questions which weren't too difficult, but not easy.

She then set up an appointment for an in person interview

Interview Questions

• What is one situation where you went above and beyond what was expected of you when providing customer service?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Home Depot

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

my interview was quick and easy . She hired me on spot. I honestly had been calling and calling because if you don't call them they won't call you . I didn't go through the phone screen process. I just called the hiring manager and she told me to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• what is the least thing you like about being a cashier ? What would you do if a customer asked you about a product that you didn't know about?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Covina, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (West Covina, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

First interview is over the phone then they schedule you for a in person interview. My first in person interview was a Lil nerve wrecking because the man who interviewed me only asked questions and didn't blink or look away from me the entire time. I'm sure I won him over because my next interview was the very next day with the store manager who was AMAZING. Such a sweet down to earth gentleman.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were working on a project that had to be finished on time, what did you and your team do to get it finished and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot in April 2015.

Interview

Everything was smooth...I have alot of experience of being a cashier so I kinda knew what to expect. The questions were pretty easy and common sense. I had my first and second interview in one day and now I have to do my drug test.

Interview Questions

• What is your most favorite thing to do as a cashier and what is your least favorite thing to do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

Well if the manager could talk correctly and not mumble maybe just maybe the interview would have gone better but I had to keep asking what to every question .. few days latter they called with a job offer I declined no way would I work for that nonsense

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I went to a job fair they were holding, I filled out a quick application and then got interview on the spot where the girl invited me for a more formal interview. I was interviewed by two very intimidating people who seemed like they didn't want to do my interview. After about a week the contacted me and told me they were calling my references, about a week went by and didn't hear anything from them so I assumed I didn't get the job until I got an email say the store manager would like to meet with me. I have yet to meet with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone asked you about a product you didn't know about?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Opelika, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot (Opelika, AL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

The HR lady that I talked to gave me the wrong time to be there so i was a whole hour early and had to wait for 2 other applicants to get interviewed before me and then when it's FINALLY my turn we walk to his office where all he did was ask me 6 questions that were printed out in front of him all of which pertained to customer service. And then we were done and he said that "to be fair I'll interview everyone first and then my supervisor and I will go over everything later today and then we'll make phone calls in no later than 2 days..."

Interview Questions

• In your own words, describe what customer service means to you.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Home Depot (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

i applied during the job fair. i was interviewed on the spot and requested for another interview the next day. they asked me about my previous job and how can i apply skills in the position i'm applying for. They requested for personal references at least three of them from my previous work. And i thought that they are not interested with me anymore since I didn't get a call again from them after a month.

Interview Questions

• describe a time when you had to be efficient and effective in my previous of work?   Answer Question
    • what did you do to overcome irate customers   Answer Question

Negotiation

i didn't get the chance to negotiate my salary since this is my first job here in Canada.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

All I can say is very odd.... I showed up to the Home Depot and went to the customer service area just like I was told on the phone (I had a short phone interview about 2 days before, super easy!). At the customer service area I was told to head toward the bathrooms and just wait in the employee lounge till the manager came to get me, which is totally not what I was told on the phone. I was told to go to the customer service area and the manager would meet me up there. Anyways, I went back to the employee lounge and asked an employee near there if they could help me out. They were super nice and went to get the manager for me. Five minutes later the manager showed up and admitted that he forgot about my interview, at this point I was totally not impressed but thought maybe it was just an off day for him.

We went into his office and he proceeded to look around for my file as I just sat there. He finally found it and asked me like 3 questions which were super easy. He offered me a position as a part time cashier but could only promise me 10 hours a week. Not what I was looking for at all, and I found it shocking that he didn't want to do a background check, drug test, or atleast check my references. I do admit I was a little over qualified for the position, I had been a cashier and a shift leader at other retail store, but still the entire thing seemed unprofessional. He told me the pay was $8.50 and it was non negotiable. Not impressed, could be good job for someone who needs a second job or only wants a couple hours a week.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   1 Answer

Lack of hours and pay. Could be a good second job if that's what a person is looking for

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

1. Apply Online
    2. Phone Automated Interview
    3. First In Store Interview
    4. Second Interview ( Pretty Much You Have The Job By Then) Just A Refresher Of The First Interview and They Offer You The Job.
    5. Background Check/ Drug Test

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. Starting Off With $8.50 In S. FL But Potential For A Raise