The Home Depot

1,629 Interview Reviews

2.3

Pro Desk Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Phone interview was scheduled. Phone interview was relatively easy and fast. Interview was then scheduled in -store with Assistant Store Manager. Total process after being offered the position was about 30 days until start date. They have a policy that most new hires must start as a lot attendant, then, depending on your performance, you have the opportunity to move to an in-store position at a higher rate of pay.
    As stated though, the hiring process took approx. 4 weeks. Be patient

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I got a phone call for a phone interview where they ask reasonably easy questions nothing challenging afterwards I got a call 30 minutes later from The Home Depot wanting to arrange an interview.
    The interview was friendly yet formal, I got asked around 10 formal questions then had a brief conversation with the HR manager, got a call 3 days later to come in and I went they did a background check and drug test and now working for them.

Department Supervisor Interview

Applied online. Asked to interview when I arrived for work one evening. Fairly informal with standard "describe a situation where such and such was happening and how you responded " type. of questions

Interview Questions
    • Give example of how you shared your knowledge to other employees   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

must pass the phone interview. and the second interview and pass a drug test and background check before consideration of employment.If you meet all the requirements for employment you can get hired on with Home Depot.

I accepted what they offered cause I was fresh out of school and needed a job.

Senior Software Engineer (Search Algorithms) Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

1. Initial typical recruiter phone screen about your background/past projects and motivations.
    2. Half a month later, a different recruiter contacted me to schedule a conversation with a technical architect.
    3. The technical phone screen with aforementioned architect was simply more elaboration of my background and motivations. No programming or theory-related questions were asked.
    4. Second technical phone screen lasting about an hour with a panel engineers in both Austin, TX and Atlanta.
    5. Onsite interview with technical architect and another technical architect plus senior director. The onsite interviews were simply more questions about background and motivations. There were no programming or use of the whiteboard.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected questions required rudimentary knowledge of CPU architecture.   Answer Question

The offered base salary of only $110k & a few thousand dollars worth of RSUs per year was much lower than my current income and lower than market rate.

Part Time Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

great interview process. they were upbeat and showed real interest in what i had to say easy interview asked me about my past job experience and asked questions in relation to customer service and how as a cashier how could I provide the best customer service possible.

Interview Questions
    • name a time when you went above and beyond at your last job   View Answer
    easy

Lumber Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casselberry, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casselberry, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Very nicely done, friendly, thorough. Applied online, took two assessments, one on customer service and one on product and store knowledge. Then received a call to do a telephone interview, from there, was given a date and time for in-person interview, then interviewed with Asst Manager, followed by an interview with Store Manager. Now waiting results of drug test and background check.

Hardware Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied online and then I was called after some time had passed (week to a month, don't remember). They asked me a series of pre-interview questions. That were fairly situational such as "what would you do if a customer....?"

A couple of days after the pre-questioning, they sent me an email, scheduling an interview. I got there for the first interview a good fifteen minutes late because I went to the wrong home depot, but no one was present in the interview room so there was no real penalty. When the interviewer showed up, I greeted him and we sat in a small sort of office. One-on-one face to face interaction with your average interview questions, "Why should we hire you?" "What can you bring to our store?"

But wait, there was more! I had a second interview a week later with the manager instead of a supervisor and he was basically asking about the experience I had with Hardware products and surveying how badly I wanted the job. This time he was late or rather a little busy I should say. I passed the first and the second was sort of the manager checking the supervisor's work. Not too difficult of an interviewing process the people are relatively laid back and the environment wasn't very intimidating.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you could bring to the table if we hire you?   View Answer
    He said great and we finalized the schedule I roughly had given to the other interviewers.

Department Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Applied online, received a call 2 weeks later for a phone interview, a week later i was called for an in person interview with the assistant manager, a week later called in for a second interview with the store manager and another assistant manager. A week after that i was called in for a job offer.

Interview Questions
    There was little negotiation, Store manager offered me the highest hourly wage that the company would allow.

Home Depot Cashier Interview

You MUST use the Online Application do not call anyone before applying on homedepot,com, Phone Screening, Instore Interview, Final Interview