The Home Depot

Updated 19 Nov 2014
1,550 Interview Reviews

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

The first interview I had was with HR. The second interview was with the store manager of te store i wanted to work at. It took about five days for them to make a choice. Once they made a choice I was called to come in and they made me an offer.

Interview Questions
    • It was structured preview questions that most jobs ask. You can use scenarios from your previous job to help answer the questions.   Answer Question
    Yes you are able to negotiate. The more experience the more you can ask for.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apple Valley, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Straightforward. Applied online, followed by a telephone and then and then two interviews at the store. First interview with the assistant store manager, the second with the store manager.
    For the first interview, they were over an hour late calling me in.

Paint Sales Associate Interview

Standard interviewing process. You will meet with the Assistant Store Manager and if you pass that step, they will bring you back for an interview with the Store Manager.

Appliance Sales Specialist Interview

I applied on line and followed up. Things have changed in 9 years. I think now a days, someone calls you from the corp office in Atlanta, GA. They choose the location they want to hire you at, even if its not the closest location to your home. there is a drug test you must pass.

Floor Associate Interview

THEY ARE ALL ABOUT CUSTOMET SERVICE. You need to be able to talk to people and really learn the products they offer. Also it will impress them if you are up to speed with there sales and specials for that department at time of interview.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if encountered a theft how would i handle it?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Garden Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot.

process included a series of questions which asked for your answer and details on a specific time or example in certain scenarios. the store manager and another manager was present. only approximately 5 questions were asked and we never got into detail.

management offered me a dollar amount which was communicated that it was the most available.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview process was smooth. This was when HR was in the stores. I was called after two days and started the following week. I dressed in a business casual and not a suit. Showed up 30 minutes early. I also asked questions like what can this company offer me and what is the management to associate relationship like. Other questions I asked were advancement opportunities and benefits packages.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was how much did I expect to make.   View Answer

Was not enough pay. It was actually less than my current job was paying at the time.

Freight Team Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

Basic interview questions with scenarios like explain a time you had to work as a team to accomplish a conman goal? A time a customer wanted a product that you didn't have, Interview seemed very easy. Haven't heard back yet

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

You will have 2 separate interviews. They ask about previous work experience, hypothetical situations and how you would handle them. Most of the questions are pretty straight forward. You might have more room to negotiate pay during the second interview but don't expect more than a few cents.

MET Team Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot.

I applied online to position at local store. Their HR system presented me with several online questionnaires to determine level of skill and interest in various areas. I received automated confirmation of my application along with information regarding a telephone screening interview. After successfully completing the phone interview, went into store to meet with MET Team Manager. Received a call back within two weeks with offer.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult thing for me was relating my professional experience in compliance to the temporary, part time position I was interviewing for.   View Answer
    I found it to be a very straightforward process with little room for negotiation.