The Home Depot Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015
1,764 Interview Reviews

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

First phone interview then assistant manager interview then store manager interview then you have to do drug test and they will call you back for training which is really long

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

I arrived at the home depot, I waited for about 10 minutes for a manager, the wait wasn't bad at all they had ac in their employee break room and a tv. She came in and greeted me, she was very nice, she asked me about my strengths and weaknesses, she asked about my prior experience and how it compared to their environment, and then she asked how I would resolve a conflict in the work place. The whole interview lasted about 15-20 minutes, she said it would be about 2 weeks before she started making any phone calls, they called me 2 days later and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one of your strengths.   1 Answer

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

Casual, brief the average retail interview process. Was hired same day as my second interview. Similar to any retail job. Had maybe one or two perks above but not much.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I had to handle a difficult situation between a customer/co-worker.   Answer Question

Home Depot Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).

Interview

I applied online and got a call asking if I could schedule an interview, so I did. The day of the interview I was sitting in a waiting room like area and waiting two hours to get with someone, the person who interviewed me was alright, she asked about my previous work experience, and talked about Home Depot's history. From then, she told me I'll hear something if they're interesting. Sure enough the next day I got a phone call from someone in their HR telling me...they will not be hiring me, but they like my personality and asked for me to apply again (...Really?)

Interview Questions

• If you were upset and under a serious amount of pressure how would you handle it at work?   Answer Question

Flooring Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot.

Interview

The Mgr and HR Mgr. quized me until they were satisfied. The interview happened in January of 2001 and they hired me within 5 days afterwords. I left the interview feeling they had already chosen me and sure enough I went to work quickly. They told me if they hire me they would send me to Home Depot College and they did and I learned the in's and out's of the job. it took a couple of months. and there were other classes later.

Interview Questions

• Would you be satisfied with $14 per hr for now and we will give you raises as you do well.   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Home Depot (Baltimore, MD (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I did the application online, got a call back a couple days later about doing a phone interview. The phone interview was rather easy just a few questions about yourself. The rep then told me that she wanted to schedule a interview in person. That interview was fairly easy, just six questions. After that the manager told me that I should be receiving a call back from them within the next couple of days. . . Got the call the next day asking me to come in the day after for a background check. Lets see how this goes.

Interview Questions

• What would you say to customers as they are leaving the store?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle an angry customer.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marietta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Home Depot (Marietta, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

my interview was quick and easy . She hired me on spot. I honestly had been calling and calling because if you don't call them they won't call you . I didn't go through the phone screen process. I just called the hiring manager and she told me to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• what is the least thing you like about being a cashier ? What would you do if a customer asked you about a product that you didn't know about?   Answer Question

Freight Team Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trotwood, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Trotwood, OH (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an automated phone call from HR about a week later. Answered a few questions about whether I could perform the basic physical duties of the job, and was transferred to a representative to schedule an in-person interview.

I arrived at the store for my interview about 10 minutes early and met up with the Assistant Manager at the customer service desk. He lead me to his office at the back of the store where we conducted the interview. It was fairly easy, with questions regarding previous experience and what you bring to The Home Depot. The interview was quick and relaxed but still very professional. I was only in the office for about 15 minutes. At the end of the interview, he explained the next steps in the hiring process and what I should expect. He gave me papers to take to a local Urgent Care for a drug screening, and I had to consent to a background check. Was told if they decide that I am a good fit I would hear back in about a week.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the Home Depot?   1 Answer
    • What is a situation where you had to pay strict attention to detail?   Answer Question

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Home Depot (Dunwoody, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Easy interview they ask a lot of questions about my customer service experience and how would I handle an angry customer the also ask me to tell them about a time I had to deal with a difficult customet

Department Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Home Depot (Houston, TX (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

applied on line . had interview on phone . he told me I will have interview in the store . I went in at 9 am . interviewer was late for more than half hour . he asked me too many questions and I answered them all , he liked my answers and he told me call Monday and talk to Loretta for another interview , I called the lady and I told her about interview . she said oh he did not select you .

Interview Questions

• tell me about your job experience .   1 Answer