The Nielsen Company Research Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

34 interviews

2.9

34 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in July 2014.

very impressed at the way things work in Nielsen company, contacted immediately after the test for the results. very quick, clear and crisp. only one thing I did not understand is why dont they allow to sit for all the tests? i am sure many of you'l will agree with me...........having studied 5 years of statsistics you wont be judged on it and wont be allowed to give test unless you clear Maths and English, that too with 70%.
goodluck to all trying for this company
it isnt everybody's cup of tea, but one should always give it a try.

Interview Questions
  • nothing is difficult if you study hard core for aptitude tests, but after achieving your masters degree in a particular subject one often sidelines aptitude, so only advice is go for it the harder way!!!.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Nielsen Company

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in October 2012.

I submit an application online and was contacted by the recruiter. There were two phone conversations and then they assigned a case study to test my aptitude. The case study provided a data set and the instructions to turn it into a 15-slide presentation. After the case study, I was flown into the office for an in person interview where I met individually with three people on the team.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were all very standard and, though the process was formal, it was conversational.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Phone screening, Behavioral Assessment, In person math exam, three interviews with five people, and then maybe lunch if you're lucky.

The process was very intimidating yet beneficial as well.

If you don't pass the math exam you can not move on with the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job? I didn't want to say anything bad about my current employer but how do I say all the reasons why I want to leave.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Two rounds of interviews, with a written assessment

Research Analyst Interview

Interview process has multiple stages
    Couple of technical rounds
    then HR interview
    Technical rounds may have stat, Case study prstn, language proficiency questions.

Interview Questions
    • managing time for the written test is most dificult   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Applied online, was asked for a phone interview to which I replied with available times and received no response. I followed up within the time frame in case the email was lost or something but still nothing. Very odd and unprofessional. It seems that if there were too many responses an email is an easy thing to send these days.

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

4 rounds.
    1. written test
    2. group discussion & presentation
    3. panel interviews (HR, case studies, background check)
    4. presentation to the head of the team

Interview Questions
    • not very difficult in general, require some understanding about the market research industry and good analytical mind is very crucial.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at The Nielsen Company in January 2013.

Applied online but also had an employee referral. Recruiter contacted me quickly by email. There was a phone interview, followed by an online skills and personality test, and then two rounds of three 45 minute interviews followed by a lunch with a current analyst.

The skills test questions were similar to LSAT questions. Qualitative logic type questions not quantitative or math skills questions.

The interview process took a very long time and the HR department seems somewhat disorganized.

Interview Questions
    • There were a lot of case study questions. Since I interviewed with 6 different people I got a wide variety of standard interview questions.

One interviewer gave me his pen and asked me to sell it to him.
        Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

first round interview was written test and the group interview by a human resources staff and the human resources manager. written test was about java and vba, but all i know about the two systems was their names. so i didn't pass the first round.

Interview Questions
    • written test was about computer skills but i never learned it and my major was nothing related to computer sciences.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Nielsen Company.

Applied online through university recruitment.

Was invited to complete a reasoning test. The test included basic statistics questions (high-school level problems) along with a case study at the end, giving a client a recommendation. The test seemed easy but I didn't not get invited back to any further steps. It seems like the test was used to weed out candidates. I'm certain all the math questions were answered correctly. Perhaps they were looking for unique answers to the case study.

Interview Questions
    • If there X amount of members in a community and Y percentage read a newspaper. W amount read paper A and Z amount read paper B. What percent of community members read both paper A and B?   Answer Question

Worked for The Nielsen Company? Contribute to the Community!