The Zappos Family

Getting the Interview

126 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details The interview process was not difficult. There were some unique questions and it was very laid back. Mostly situational questions and a few problem solving questions. There were 3 interviewers total and each asked a series of questions in sequential order. There was a big emphasis on company culture and workplace culture.

Interview Question – If you could be a super hero what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details I had three phone interviews and then was flown out to Vegas. The trip has 2 layovers coming from the east coast- they don’t want to spend the money for a direct flight. The interview process was straight forward, met with lots of team members. They contacted me right away to offer me a DIFFERENT position than what I interviewed for at significantly less money. I was not pleased. I would not have wasted my time flying 10 hours each way for such a paltry offer (lower than I was previously told!), considering the amount of experience I bring to the table- it is buying, not cardiac surgery.

Interview Question – No difficult questions...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The company boasts record sales, but want good talent cheap. Also, had reservations about moving all the way to Vegas, considering they have armed policeman stationed at the entrance. What does that really say about the area?

Associate Software Engineer Interview

The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2010.

Interview Details Whole Process took about 40 days
1.Basic telephone Screening
2.Online coding challenge
3.Telephonic Technical Interview
4.Full day of onsite interviews.

All the rounds are easy..onsite interviews test all your skills problem solving,design,algortihms and coding..
The coding challenge at the very end of your onsite interview process is little challenging because you would be mentally exhausted by then

Interview Question – All the technical questions are relatively easy   Answer Question

Customer Loyalty Representative Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details The interview process may have changed since I interviewed. It's very informal. You may be asked questions that have absolutely nothing to do with retail or the job you're applying for. Be humble, do not try to sell yourself as if you are just the best customer service rep ever. Just be honest and bubbly.

Interview Question – You could be asked, what your theme song would be. You could also be asked, what super hero you would be. And why.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2014.

Interview Details A Challenge and an video interview

Interview Question – challenge was pretty easy   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details The interview process was simple until it came to the video interview. The initial interview where they asked questions on paper were a bit misleading at first as they didn't have much to do with the job, but the web interview was very on point. However, I received an email a week after I had submitted my video (and received confirmation that my video was received), saying that since I "had not submitted" my interview, I was removed from the pool of consideration. Even after I emailed several times inquiring as to where my interview might have gone, and offering to resubmit by the next morning (even though I got the email at 10 pm), I was not contacted again.

Interview Question – What is something weird that makes you happy?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

ZCLT (Customer Loyalty Employee, Aka Call Center/Sales Representative ) Interview

Las Vegas, NV (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2013.

Interview Details There are many stages to the interview and hiring process. Starting with a skype style interview, followed by testing & 2 personal interviews.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question asked of me was, "what is your favorite curse word".   Answer Question

Intern (Software Engineering) Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details Applied through their online job portal. First round "interview" was recording myself via webcam answering several "culture" and trivia programming questions. Other reviews have examples of their ridiculous personality questions. The programming questions covered Java. Example, "What does the 'final' keyword do?" This portion was not difficult at all. There were 3 chances to do the recordings, so if you were so inclined you could just waste the first one to see what the questions were and then prep/look up your answers.

I got an email to schedule a second skype interview about a week after submitting the first round. The interview was with two engineers. They asked me a few more "culture questions ("If you had to plan a parade, what would be the theme?") and one technical question.

Question:
You are given a list of strings. The first word's last three letters set a rhyme scheme. Count how many words in the list share that rhyme scheme.

A week later, I was contacted by the college recruiter to schedule a third interview. I learned I had passed the second round, but they had already filled the SE internship. She offered to submit my application for another position, but I was soon notified that I had been rejected.

Merchandising Assistant Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Zappos Family in March 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. I believe my process was a little different, I uploaded my resume only but did not complete the rest of the application process because my graduation date did not meet their requirements, therefore I thought that I had not applied for the position. Unexpectedly they sent me four personal e-mails in one day stating that they created a profile for me, were very interested, and told me I made it to the next round. The next step was to answer a three question challenge requiring detailed, written answers with visual graphs, sources and references. In addition to this you must complete a virtual interview that asks you 7 questions and records your answers to them.

Interview Question – (1) Tell us about yourself. (2)What two things would you bring with you on a deserted island and why? (3)Whats your favorite brand and why? (4)What is your favorite product/area to merchandise? (5)What do you think is most important for buyers to rely on when introducing a new item? Trend, Demand, etc. (there were 2 other options too)   View Answer

Pricing College Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at The Zappos Family.

Interview Details Submitted application online and received an email back with a scenario given and asking to solve the problem, which asked you to give a pricing strategy for clearing the winter clothes inventory due to unexpected warm winter. You have two weeks to finish the problem. Also asked to do an interview online by recording your response to their questions. The deadline for the interview is the same as for the problem.

Interview Question – What are the two things you would bring if you were sent to a deserted island?
What would you do when you do not have the tools for the project you need to finish?
What did you do when somebody gave you negative feedback?
  Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Zappos Family

Worked for The Zappos Family? Contribute to the Community!

The Zappos Family Videos

The Zappos Family – Why Work for Us?

Why join us? In January 2012, Zappos.com, Inc. and its subsidiaries were named #11 on FORTUNE’s 100 Best Companies to Work For list. Find out why: http://www.Fortune.com/BestCompanies. And . . . we’re hiring like crazy… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Zappos Family interview questions and advice. All 126 interview reviews are posted anonymously by The Zappos Family employees and interview candidates.