KLA-Tencor
www.kla-tencor.com Milpitas, CA 5000+ Employees

KLA-Tencor Software Engineer Interview Question

I interviewed in Migdal Ha`Emeq (Israel) and was asked:
"They asked me, based on function int SQRT(int) build function float SQRT2(int) that will return square root with three digits after the point."
Add Tags [?]
Answer Flag Question

Part of a Software Engineer Interview Review - one of 141 KLA-Tencor Interview Reviews

Answers & Comments

of 0
votes
Well, since I was already pretty tired, at the begining I started writing something wrong. Then one of the interviewers said, wait, see that you must return three digits exactly after the point, and I said, yes, it means that the result of SQRT should be multiplied by 1000, that is its input should be multiplied by 1M.
Then I wrote:

float SQRT2(int x){
  return (SQRT(x*1000000)/1000.0);
}

Then, one of them explained me why I am right, I even didn't have strengths to say to her that somehow if I wrote it by myself, I do understand it.:)

Finally, she said to me good luck and I felt that it means "Go to..., I are definitely bad personality":)

Well, next time I will be much nicer person:) Good luck to us all !:)
- Interview Candidate on Jan 11, 2010 Flag Response
of 0
votes
Your answers are really smart. KLA surely missed a good candidate.
- Anonynous on Dec 07, 2010 Flag Response

To comment on this question, Sign In with Facebook or Sign Up

KLA-Tencor – Why Work for Us?

KLA-Tencor Corporation is the world's leading supplier of process control and yield management solutions for the semiconductor and related microelectronics industries. We have been in business for over 30 years and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Tags are like keywords, helping to categorise interview questions that have something in common.

Glassdoor is your free inside look at KLA-Tencor interview questions and advice. All interview reviews are posted anonymously by KLA-Tencor employees and interview candidates.