Thomson Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

3.2

Editorial Assistant Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Thomson in January 2010.

Talked with several people in their offices.

Salary.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Thomson in May 2010.

I was contacted via phone to schedule an interview. Next I did a behavioral quiz. This was followed by a phone interview. The final portion (for me) was an essay answer format.

Federal Sales of Westlaw Products Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Thomson in August 2008.

Referred to the hiring manager by another manager who interviewed me for the same position in a different market (but ultimately chose a former employee who wanted back in). The interviewer and I started out with (what I perceived as) a very good rapport. After a 90-minute behavioral grilling session, she told me that her manager would be in town the next day for follow-up interviews with the candidates she chose. She proceeded to tell me that she wanted me to meet with her manager, but that I needed to "get a grip" on myself first. She told me that I basically seemed like a wreck of a person to her and that I talk too fast and too much and missed obvious queues from her regarding the inappropriate length of some of my answers to her questions. It was unbelievable. She continued berating me for about 10 mins, until I finally told her that I must withdraw myself from consideration for the position. She was incredulous and totally started back-peddling and apologizing profusely for our "misunderstanding". It was totally crazy.

Rep Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson in September 2008.

I did a group interview where we had to sell an item in 1 minute - I chose an energy saving light bulb which had lots of positive elements to talk about

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you have delivered exceptional customer service to an unhappy customer   Answer Question

Didn't like the salary offered

Senior Analyst Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson in September 2008.

Simple phone interview with a face-to-face

Interview Questions

Worked for Thomson? Contribute to the Community!