Thomson Reuters

Average Difficulty
35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Bangalore (India)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details The overall process was smooth. There were three rounds 2 technical and a managerial round. The difficulty level is average and the duration will be around 45-60 minutes per round

Negotiation Details – They will negotiate a lot

Eagan, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details Went through two rounds of interviews. First round was on my college campus. Questions covered basic Computer Science knowledge and then a small code challenge. After several weeks I received an invitation to visit the Eagan, MN campus for a tour and a second interview. The second round of interview were conducted by Senior / Lead Software Engineers from the campus. The questions were more about my technical background and the coursework I had studied in college. Overall not extremely challenging if you payed attention during your coursework.

Interview Question – What is your preferred / favorite programming language and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took many weeks to receive the initial offer.

Eagan, MN (US)

I applied through another source and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2014.

Interview Details (Note: I was previously an intern at this company) After submitting my resume online I was contacted by someone in HR and offered to attended a company meet-and-greet program, which i declined because I was unable to make the time to go there. I was subject to an in person meeting (note: for hiring full time I believe this is a requirement; no phone interview). After arriving on campus, I was given an interview from two people who asked me a variety of questions, including:
-Had I used injection-style testing
-What is TDD
-Had I worked on a team before
-What is data normalization
-What is a Linked List/how is it useful
The remainder of the questions were about previous experience/accomplishments as well as things I had put on my resume such as classes, previous experiences, coding styles, etc. (Note: They WILL ask you about stuff on your resume--make sure you know what you're talking about).

As a point of advice I took long periods to discuss projects I had worked on, ex: "I made a large project by myself / I created this interesting algorithm / I realized that I did x,y,z wrong, and I learned a,b,c..." This demonstrates a variety of skills and can shift the interview away from just being a test (e.g. What is data normalization)

Afterwards I was treated to some lunch and four representatives from hiring teams told me about their operations, in which I could ask questions. Then I was shown around the campus and dropped off at the doors. In full it took me about 3 hours total. By the time I had driven home (~4 hours) I had received a call saying they were interested in hiring me.

Negotiation Details – They offered me 63k starting, I tried to negotiate it (perhaps poorly) and the offer remained 63k. The HR rep. I was talking through was accepting of the idea of negotiating. I had assumed it would be bartered, so I asked for higher than what I really wanted (68k, was going for 65k). Combined with poor negotiation, my work inexperience, and it being after a period of layoffs, the offer remained at 63k. Future interviewers should try not bartering and just say their desired starting price.

Interviewed at Thomson Reuters

Interview Details Paper exam and personal interview

Eagan, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details Very Simple but extremely slow in hiring process. Initial phone interview with HR followed by a technical interview on phone with a team lead and then was invited for an onsite interview (they rarely pay the traveling allowance). The interview questions were very generic and mostly from the textbook. Not many questions from the resume or from the projects.

Interview Question – Very simple questions for example: what is garbage collection in Java, reverse a string, superclass vs subclass etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was allowed.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2010.

Interview Details will be simple to clear the interview , won't be much complicated .

Interview Question – will be simple to clear the interview , won't be much complicated .   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2013.

Interview Details 2 technical followed by manager round then HR

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through another source - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2013.

Interview Details Interview Details:
4.Why main() method is static
5.Interface and abstract
6.What is sealed class and final class and differences
7.What is shadowing
8.What is singleton class.
9.What is virtual method.
10.what is wsdl.

Interview Question – Unexpected question:Code to swap numbers without third variable and reverse of a number.   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details No phone screening, phone interview is a technical interview.

Interview Question – Asked about iDisposable interface in C#.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2013.

Interview Details First round is Technical Written Test and Second round is Technical Interview. Written test is based on Technologies(ex: If we get call as a Java programmer written will be Java questions based)

Interview Question – Not that much difficult. All questions are based on technology related   Answer Question

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!