Thomson Reuters

Getting the Interview

31 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Eagan, MN (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details Very Simple but extremely slow in hiring process. Initial phone interview with HR followed by a technical interview on phone with a team lead and then was invited for an onsite interview (they rarely pay the traveling allowance). The interview questions were very generic and mostly from the textbook. Not many questions from the resume or from the projects.

Interview Question – Very simple questions for example: what is garbage collection in Java, reverse a string, superclass vs subclass etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation was allowed.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2010.

Interview Details will be simple to clear the interview , won't be much complicated .

Interview Question – will be simple to clear the interview , won't be much complicated .   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in April 2013.

Interview Details 2 technical followed by manager round then HR

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through other source - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2013.

Interview Details Interview Details:
4.Why main() method is static
5.Interface and abstract
6.What is sealed class and final class and differences
7.What is shadowing
8.What is singleton class.
9.What is virtual method.
10.what is wsdl.

Interview Question – Unexpected question:Code to swap numbers without third variable and reverse of a number.   View Answers (3)

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details No phone screening, phone interview is a technical interview.

Interview Question – Asked about iDisposable interface in C#.   Answer Question

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2013.

Interview Details First round is Technical Written Test and Second round is Technical Interview. Written test is based on Technologies(ex: If we get call as a Java programmer written will be Java questions based)

Interview Question – Not that much difficult. All questions are based on technology related   Answer Question

Interviewed at Thomson Reuters

Interview Details First round was technical written test. This included questions on networks basic, operating system, java and oops concepts, sql.
Was able to clear the first round.
Two weeks later was called for group discussion.There were 2 rounds of gd since they were many candidates.
On the same day had technical face to face.Here they again ask about networking,java,database.

Eagan, MN (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in July 2013.

Interview Details First interview was with two team members who were very laid back. Interview was very technical and the more you know, the more technical they seemed to get (I answered only when I could, let them know I was guessing at some). Generally a very comfortable interview that really focused on what I could do and what my interests were. Second interview was more focused on personality and whether or not I would be a good fit for the team. They seem very keen on finding people that can not only fill the position, but also mesh well.

Interview Question – Nothing too overwhelming. Two I remember are:

How would you take a list of items and remove any duplicates.

How would you check the string "RACECAR" to determine whether or not it is spelled the same forwards as backwards?
  View Answers (2)

Hyderābād (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Thomson Reuters in June 2010.

Interview Details 1.First i got a call for telephonic round.
2. Technical round is followed by a managerial round. Both are normal. Depends on the position you are applying.
3. Need to be hard in negotiating salary.
4. Would give good salaries depending on your position and designation

Software Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview Details Applied thru their website, got a call from their recruiter. Scheduled a phone interview, which went well. The engineer who interviewed me told me to make sure to follow up with the HR rep, which I did by phone and email. but I never heard anything back.

Interview Question – Several Data Collections questions, Java API questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Thomson Reuters

Worked for Thomson Reuters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Thomson Reuters Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by Thomson Reuters employees and interview candidates.