Thomson Reuters Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated 22 Apr 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

Aplied Online. Lot of time to get back to you. Initial phone screen was done month after online application was submitted. They were looking for a candidate with more years of experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Thomson Reuters

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

I applied online and was given a phone interview, which was easy. They primarily talked about the company and its internship program for half of the phone interview. The technical part is basically a bunch of definitions and an easy logic question.

The on site interview was very relaxed. They asked about my experience and previous projects. There was also a technical question which you weren't expected to completely finish.

The interviewers were nice and made me feel comfortable. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an interface and an abstract class?   Answer Question

Apr 23, 2015Human Resource Partner

Thank you for your time, participation and review of the interview process. Please keep Thomson Reuters in mind for future roles that may align with your career.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

The interview was very friendly and laid back. I first had a phone interview and then an onsite. Toured the facility, met the team, and had three sets of interviews. The interview lasted about 3-4 hours total. They took around 3-4 weeks to reply and had plenty of time to decide.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Mar 30, 2015Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your interest and participation in the interview process with Thomson Reuters along with your review.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

1 round written test technical descriptive qestions c#,asp.net you should have very basic knowledge they will ask most basic qestions on C# & .net.Good company to work in.Sometimes they may ask to write program even

Interview Questions

• 1.Advantages & disadvantages of session
       2.Dataset.copy & datset.clone
       9.Authentication & autorization
      10.Client side & server side validations

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters.

Interview

First it was a normal phone screening and then a technical phone interview. The call was to test your background and talk about the technologies that you have worked with in the past. Apart from that everything was very straight forward and the hiring process was very quick. After the interview there was a background check and that took a couple of days while they gathered all the information.

Interview Questions

Thomson Reuters Response

Apr 03, 2015Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your your time, participation and review of the interview process. Welcome to Thomson Reuters!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Talked with in house recruiter about past experience then given a UI task to complete that took around 2 hours.

Recruiter was efficient and helpful before test but then didn't respond after I returned the test, which is a bad sign for a company in my view. Obviously I don't expect to get most jobs I apply for but I think companies that don't respond at all show a lazy attitude.

Interview Questions

• To implement user interface that performed various actions on a group of mock companies with certain logic rules to include as well.

Number of tasks completed and code organisation were being evaluated.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (New York, NY (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

A large number of phones calls to people in different locations. At the end I was brought onsite to their NYC office. Met with a number of people, got to see what they are working on, asked questions and that was it. It was extremely disorganized process from top to bottom. In the end they claimed that I did not have certain technical experience that they were looking for. It was made very clear what skills I did and did not have as I have worked in very specific environments in my career. I found it quite odd that at the end of the interview process their claim to not continue was that I was missing certain skills that were explicitly spelled out from the beginning. A complete waste of time for so many people involved.

Interview Questions

• Absolutely nothing technical, just basic questions like how many years have you been using XYZ.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters (Bangalore (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

I was referred by one of the employee in Thomson Reuters.
    totally there were 4 rounds. 1st round was written test which includes general aptitude(10 questions), Java Technical questions(10 questions) and 2 programs. Followed by 2 technical rounds and Final personal interview round.

Interview Questions

• 1. In written test they will ask basic programs(sorting, searching, palindrome, prime number, fact,fibbo etc..) it will be easy.
      2. In my first technical round they asked about my project and basic java questions (oops concept, final,finalize,finally block difference, abstract, interface etc..) 20 mins round.. they were very friendly :)
      3.) Second technical round was bit difficult they asked to write doubly linked list algorithm, tree set, single ton class, file handling(reading from file and display) prgms, queries on project etc...

I got rejected in second round.. :( . in second technical round out of 17 ppl they selected 4 ppl for final round(personal interview).

All the best guys.

1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a referral drive around 150 people gave written among which 5 were selected. Written contains of aptitude and in technical section you have to write code of three basic programs.
    There was 2 rounds of Technical And one HR round(formal).
    The interview was completely based on JAVA.
    So, you should have a good knowledge of JAVA to crack the interview.

Interview Questions

• As, I was not so much aware about JAVA so all questions were tough for me.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Thomson Reuters in October 2014.

Interview

The interview is very focused on the degree courses selected with emphasis on Databases and Algorithms. I enjoyed the interview process with questions that provoked one to think. The HR folks were very responsive and helped complete all the necessary paperwork. Brush up on your database knowledge before going for the interview.