Tim Hortons

91 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Front Counter Staff Interview

Front Counter Staff

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2014.

Interview Details My dad got me this interview last minute, and it went really well for being my third interview (it was going to be my first job). Within three days I was offered a job, and I accepted. The person reviewing me was very friendly and nice. The staff was also very friendly. It was a great experience!

Interview Question – What do you know about Tim Hortons?   View Answer

Operations Representative Interview

Operations Representative

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details Applied through corporate website. Had a phone interview which was 20 minutes. Going over past experience and education related to the job. Talked about roles and responsibilities etc. Invited for an in person interview which lasted 30 minutes. Kind of intimidating, interviewed by 4 people. Asked about 20 questions, maybe more. Some i could remember:

-How to handle someone youre training who doesn’t understand or speak too much English?
-goes over resume, education, discuss experience
-going above and beyond for your workplace/colleague
-something unethical taking place at your workplace, how you handled it
-how to handle an irate customer
-something you wish you did differently after dealing with a customer
-what skills are important for this position, which is the most important
-how long do you see yourself with the company
-altercation with a colleague at work, how you handled it
-you hear feedback from your manager, how did you handle it
-if you had a lot of assigned tasks how would u manage, in order to finish on time? What if you had tasks left but couldn’t finish?
-a time where you had to focus on work only and things kept popping up

Interview Question – Some questions were strictly about your previous experience similar to the operations representative position. I think this is the only way you end up getting an interview, if you have the required experience.   Answer Question

Crew Member Interview

Crew Member
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2014.

Interview Details I was called for a phone interview. Before the interview started I was told that only one position was available and many applicants had already been interviewed. I was then asked about my work experience and asked general interview questions. The interview lasted 15 minutes. I was then asked if I was interested in working at another location, I said yes. I was never contacted again.

Interview Question – When was a time you had to deal with a rude person and the result was positive ?   Answer Question

Tim Hortons - Store Front/Baker Interview

Tim Hortons - Store Front/Baker
Victoria, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details it all depends on the location, each Tim Hortons manager hires their own way. Submit on line and you could be waiting a week. Walk in at the right time with an application and resume you could get an interview on the spot if the hiring person is in.

Interview Question – The only question that was unexpected for me was "Are you comfortable talking into a headset?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My availability was my main hold back, but it only took a few min to fix.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details Submit a paper application with your previous experience and contact information, then I had a friend recommend me. Afterwards, I received a call from the manager and came in to meet with her. I came in and interviewed in the lobby/dining area of the store, and she asked me some very basic questions about my experience, basically just checking that I was able to be polite and not crazy.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions, the interview was very straightforward and what I expected.   Answer Question

Tim Hortons Team Member Interview

Tim Hortons Team Member

I applied online - interviewed at Tim Hortons in July 2014.

Interview Details The interviewing process was fairly simple I brought in a resume and was asked what specifically I did for each item under experience. I was also asked about my knowledge of Tim Hortons. MAKE SURE YOU KNOW A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THE BUSINESS!!! If you do it leaves a great mark on the employer.

Interview Question – There really wasn't one if you do some studying of the buisness   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Everybody on here says there's no way to get above minimum wage but I was offered in at 8.00 dollars an hour which is what I was hoping for.

Team Member Interview

Team Member
East Lansing, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and got a call two days later to come in for an interview. I sat down with the manager and was asked questions about my experience and what hours I would be able to work. Everything was very casual and relaxed. Other questions were what can you bring to our team/how would you deal with the situation, etc, etc. I was offered the job on the spot and was given a uniform and dates for training.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when it was difficult for you to tell the truth. When was a time when it was important for you to pay attention to detail?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They start at minimum wage which I expected.

Front Counter Staff Interview

Front Counter Staff
Haldimand County, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details I applied online, they called a few days later to schedule interview. Went in was asked what hours I wanted and if I had cashier experience. Then told everything looks good with your resume when can you start? That was it literally. :) super easy quick and not stressful in the least. It is a pretty basic job so it would kind of suck if they put too much into the interview process.

Interview Question – Honestly there was absolutely no difficult questions to this interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiating it is min wage.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2012.

Interview Details Tell me about yourself, situational questions where you felt most challenged. Overall was pretty easy they are not picky, you'll most likely get the job even if you don't have much experienced. Just tell that you're a hard worker and willing to learn and everything should be fine.

Interview Question – Give an example of a situation where you felt most challenged.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they just give me $12/hr

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details Situation Questions with district managers. Lasted about two and a half hours. They came to store while I was working a shift. I was unaware the interview would be happening that day.

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!