Tim Hortons

70 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Front/Baker Interview

Pickering, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in March 2014.

Interview Details I've applied to Tim Hortons many times through the website and heard nothing, but this time I sent my resume through an ad on Kijiji and got a call the next day for an interview. Didn't have to fill out any applications. Interview was done with the assistant manager in the restaurant at one of the tables, though they were actually hiring for a different location than the one I went to for the interview. There were two positions open for a morning baker or an overnight storefront shift so he talked a bit about the responsibilities of each and which would be more suitable for me. My lack of experience didn't seem to be much of a concern, they just want to know you can work hard and keep up, but said there's no pressure to know everything right away. Sounded good to me. He had a sheet of questions that he asked me and jotted down my answers. Pretty straight forward questions mostly related to customer service - like what would you do to go above and beyond for the customer and how would you deal with a difficult customer, etc. This was my first interview ever so of course I was nervous but I was polite and attentive and thought I answered the questions well. Was asked for my references and was told I would hear from them soon, never got a call though so maybe I just didn't stand out enough or have the experience they were looking for.

Interview Question – What does hospitality mean to you?   View Answer

Store Front Cashier Interview

Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Tim Hortons in August 2010.

Interview Details handed in an application. one interview in store. lasted20 minutes and filled out paper work there.

Interview Question – all were fair questions. basic behaviorable   Answer Question

Storefront Employee Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Tim Hortons in May 2010.

Interview Details I was referred to this position by an employee of Tim Horton's, and submitted a cover letter and resume as well as filling out an application. I received a phone call for an interview and set up an appointment for an interview. The interview consisted of questions along the lines of "what hours can you work?" and "when can you start?" At this point I decided that I had received the job.

Interview Question – Do you do drink or use drugs?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The job application asks about salary expectations. I wrote minimum wage. There was no discussion of salary during or after the interview.

Cashier Interview

Buffalo, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2011.

Interview Details I applied to the Tim Hortons in the Student Union of the University at Buffalo. The questions were very straight forward (what I'm going to school for and extra curricular activities). There's no need to even get dressed up for the interview because they're really desperate to hire people. Overall, this was quite a stressful part-time job. I lost 16lbs working at Tim Hortons because they make sure you're always moving. The customers don't treat you like a human being. I strongly advise you to look for another job if you're considering working at this particular location (the line in the morning sometimes goes out the door).

Storefront Cashier Interview

Storefront Cashier

I applied in-person and interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details I got a call from the manager to come into the store for an interview. I had a straightforward interview that lasted about 30 mins. Nothing was too unexpected, they just need someone who is willing to work hard.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Baker Interview

Baker
Saint-Amable, QC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in June 2013.

Interview Details In my case, it was very easy because a new store just opened. I was dressed normally, not having anything special, and I have been honest and always smiling.

Interview Question – Why Tim Hortons ?
Can you handle well stress ?
  Answer Question

Store Front Cashier Interview

Store Front Cashier

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons.

Interview Details Quick, easy interview in a really small confined space. Didn't take much convincing to tell them why I should be hired. I definitely aced the interview and I felt very comfortable speaking to the manager. I highly suggest that young people consider Tim Horton's for employment. Older, more skilled people can do better.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Store Front/Cashier Interview

Interviewed at Tim Hortons

Interview Details went to store to apply in person also applied online

Interview Question – expected questions because it's an entry level position- know that you have to work hard and work in teams and move quickly   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – interview, then got called back to say i had the job

Counter Clerk Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Tim Hortons in November 2013.

Interview Details Very easy after the phone call hired within 3 days

Interview Question – How would you state your previous job affected you?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Tim Hortons in January 2014.

Interview Details Filled out an application online. Got a call within 10 minutes of filling out the application. Interview the next day & started working the following day. The interview was very laid back. Didn't ask too many questions. Just where I currently went to school, how long I had left, my past work experience, and when i could start. I use to work at Mcdonalds so she loved that. I was hired on the spot.

Interview Question – There was no difficult or unexpected questions..fairly simple   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Tim Hortons

Worked for Tim Hortons? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tim Hortons interview questions and advice. All 70 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Tim Hortons employees and interview candidates.