Time Warner Interview Questions

Updated 24 Oct 2014
Updated 24 Oct 2014

2.7

College Associate Program Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Time Warner.

I first had a phone interview with human resources as an initial screening process. She then forwarded my resume to the director of the Media Lab. Entire process took about three weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavior- what type of marketing/customer service related experiences do I have. Others were more knowledge based regarding the Media Lab itself. There weren't really any curveballs.   Answer Question

Digital Analytics Intern Interview

Interviewed with HR and then the VP. Pretty straightforward.

TWCAP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in March 2014.

I applied through the TW website - process took about a month

As far as the intern hiring process goes, it's a two step process. If you are selected, initial contact is made by an HR Rep through email to set up interview.

First Interview: Is a 30 min phone interview. Behavioral for the most part. Walk me through your resume, leadership activities, any prior work experiences.

Why you want to work in media? Why Time Warner? They're just trying to get a gauge of you as a person and whether you're the right fit for the company.

Second Interview: Also a 30 min phone interview with the department hiring manager. Behavioral for the most part, but can get technical depending on experience and department you're applying for.

So there you have it....two rounds of behavioral phone interviews 30mins a piece.

Interview Questions
    • Just standard behavioral questions...nothing too difficult per se.

All I will say is, know yourself and your resume. If you try to lie or fabricate something they'll see right through it. Just be yourself and if you can make your personality stand out, you should be good. Media companies look to hire fun interesting people who they can work with for 8-10 hours a day.
        Answer Question
    They offered me more than I thought I would get...so no need to negotiate.

But its still a set salary...so take it or leave it.

Direct Sales Representative (IH) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Time Warner in October 2013.

Probably the worst interview I have ever been on. The "recruiter" contacted me about a month after I had applied for a different position with the company. She emailed and called several times and explained to me that I had a good background for the job due to my previous alarm tech experience. I had to take 2 buses and a train over to College Park, Queens, and take off from my hourly paid job, for the interview.
       The interview was supposed to start at 1:30 pm. I got there at 1:00 pm and did not get interviewed until 3:30 pm. The "recruiter" had walked passed me and the other candidate at least a dozen times. We signed in, etc...
       The interview lasted 5 minutes and all they did was rudely explain to me how unqualified I was for the job.
      Why did they ask me in?

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. It's a sales job for alarm systems. They don't care if you know anything about alarms.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner in September 2013.

Very friendly interviews. Had first round with a manager in the group followed by several with other managers/directors followed by a lunch with what would be my peers. Mostly the interview was a description of what I've done with work/school and where my interests lie. Also touched on why Time Warner and what I can bring to the table that others might not.

Interview Questions
    • Not much in the way of unexpected questions. Had the typical "hard to answer" one of what is your greatest weakness but had practiced what I would say in that instance and came away feeling great about it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Time Warner in November 2012.

Was called by company HR and There were 5 rounds namely:
    1. Aptitude Test
    2. Technical Written Test
    3. Technical Interview
    4. HR Interview
    5. Stakeholders Interview

It was a simple procedure. Mostly all the rounds were conducted on first day except the stakeholders interview. It took about 10 days to get some time off their calendar.

No negotiations were made, I got the salary I asked for.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Time Warner.

The company is very cordial , the interview normally take a while as things are dependent on US managers. the hiring process was simple.
    they keep you in the dark though for a long period of time so you need to keep other options open

Interview Questions
    • I didnt find any, but thats for my role I wouldnt know about the others.   Answer Question
    Company pays well, but a little negotiations wont hurt.

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Time Warner in January 2012.

Process began with a 30 minute phone screen with HR. Got a call the next week to schedule the in person interview with the group. Had a full day of interviews with 4 team members -Managers -Director.

Interview question consisted of some technical questions and then behavioral questions:

Walk me through your resume and highlight the relevant areas that should be brought to my attention as it pertains to the job description
    Have you created an audit work program from scratch and what did that entail
    How did you deal with conflict with clients and with your team
    Why are you interested in our company and why do you want to leave yours
    Why do you think that you will be a good fit here
    Describe a time that you had a set back at work and how did you overcome it
    What will you differently if you have those same issues now that you have the benefit of hindsight

Interview Questions
    • walk me through the process of conducting a risk assessment as well as planning an audit from start to completion   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us and also leave your firm   View Answer
    No, was told there was no room for negotiation, however before formal offer was given, HR requested to know what range i was looking for. The low end of the range was offered....however important to note that a request for current salary was not made

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Time Warner in November 2011.

I had a phone interview and questionaire. The interview was easy.I met with 5 people asking me personality questions then they made the decision to hire me..Took a drug test and background screen.

Senior Vendor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA (US)

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Time Warner in September 2011.

The whole process was extremely slow and I found the hiring manager to be indecisive. I had initially applied to an advertised position on Indeed.com and received an email from a recruiter approximately one week later indicating he would like to perform an initial phone screen. After speaking with the recruiter I was asked to hold another phone call with the hiring manager. Two weeks into the process I had my phone interview with the hiring manager (which went well) but at the end of the call was informed that I would not receive any feedback for at least two weeks as he was going on vacation for one week and then would be traveling on business the following week. Finally after a month into the process I received another email from an HR coordinator asking for my availability to come into the Herndon office for a face-to-face final interview with a couple of key stakeholders. I agreed and the next week went to their office where I ended up meeting with the hiring manager for all of 35 minutes and was informed the other person I were to meet with called out sick for this day. Also, I was informed this was not the “final” interview as I was led to believe but that I would have to come back again to speak with some more folks. This would also not occur for an additional two weeks due to more business travel on their end. Finally, two months into the process I received a canned email stating the position would not be filled at this time due to internal budgeting constraints. What a big waste of time and a complete hassle for no decision.