Timken Interview Questions

Updated 9 Oct 2014
Updated 9 Oct 2014

2.9

Quality Interview

I hired right out of college. Be prepared to research the company and what tapered roller bearings are all about. Went to their Gaffney, SC plant and met with the management team. They prefer individual interviews one at a time vs panel approach.

Operations Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Timken.

The Interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews and then an on-site interview. The day before the on-site interview there was a networking dinner. The candidates stayed in a hotel overnight and then the next morning went to the facility. The day consisted of 3 one on one, a panel interview, a case study and a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is something you need to work on as a leader?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Timken.

I talked to Timken's HR during campus career fair. The trick to get their interview is doing company research. As long as you knows what this company is working on and what their products are. You are probably gonna be scheduled an interview immediately.

Interview Questions
    • there is no tricky question for the first round interview. they are all general behavior questions   Answer Question

Product Design Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Timken in September 2014.

I came into contact with Timken via a university recruiting event. They seemed very friendly and it seemed to me that they loved both the company TimKen and the area of North Canton, OH.
    The interview consisted of some behavioral questions about how you manage tasks and how you work in a team.
    The part i liked best was when they asked me to describe my dream job. They said to describe what it looked like what the people might be like and so forth. It was a good interview because they had me talking and my hopes in a career instead of the interviewer talking the whole time. They also said that Timken is an honest and well respected company and that they understand work life balance for their employees.

Interview Questions
    • They asked how I went about my work when I had several tasks to complete. I know this is a common interview question but it is difficult for me to come up with a meaningful answer to it.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

very easy had two rounds, one technical and one manger round with HR. Manager Round was little tricky.
    In Technical Interview they have asked very basic questions and more syntax related questions and day to day work related questions.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Timken.

first a phone interview
    second a face to face interview with the hiring manager after app 2 weeks, quite a friendly manager I may say, too bad he left in the meantime
    in 3 weeks the offer - take it or leave it

take it or leave it

Associate Librarian Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Timken in July 2014.

Panel interview for associate librarian. I applied on-line and was contacted by phone for phone interview within two weeks. This position was created when Timken Steel split from Timken. After the phone interview, I was called in for a panel interview.

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH (US)

Three interviews in row and each was 1 hour. They have different people talk to you about the job and finally you have to face three people for panel interview. The questions from panel interview were nothing but the most common behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation that you have a deadline and what u do to deal with it   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Timken.

The on-site HR (OA as they like to say) people are really hard to get in touch with. It takes many people multiple phone calls/emails to get an interview even if you are being recommended by a current employee. Generally you start with a phone interview, then take an online test. After that you generally have a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual, all the questions were pretty generic   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Pretty much take it or leave it.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

Very Stringent. Starts with a phone interview. Then a panel interview with various people from management. More concerned with values than skills.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything super difficult, just different than I was used to.   Answer Question