Timken Interview Questions

Updated Sep 14, 2014
Updated Sep 14, 2014

2.8

Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken in November 2013.

In November, The Timken Company visited my college for on-campus interviews and I had a pleasant interview. Within one week, I advanced to second round interviews with 3 associates at Timken's headquarters. Shortly after, I was offered a summer internship. Overall, I had a positive experience with The Timken Company. Great company and great people!

No negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken.

very easy had two rounds, one technical and one manger round with HR. Manager Round was little tricky.
    In Technical Interview they have asked very basic questions and more syntax related questions and day to day work related questions.

Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Timken.

first a phone interview
    second a face to face interview with the hiring manager after app 2 weeks, quite a friendly manager I may say, too bad he left in the meantime
    in 3 weeks the offer - take it or leave it

take it or leave it

Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Timken in June 2011.

It takes a while after the initial interview, just like any other company, before they call you. Then, everything goes easy but they will check everything on you including your references, your background and your medical history plus the drug screen process. The whole thing will take about one week, and you'll need to keep communicating with them during the whole process, just in case they can't contact your ex-employers, or your references. They will find out if you lied in the application, but if everything checks out okay, you've got the job. Good Company.

Interview Questions
    • Regarding the particular job: Explain to me how you would accomplish this specific task and how long it would take me to finish?   View Answer

Senior IT Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Timken in June 2012.

There was a short phone interview

There was no negotiation

SBA - Steel Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, OH (US)

Three interviews in row and each was 1 hour. They have different people talk to you about the job and finally you have to face three people for panel interview. The questions from panel interview were nothing but the most common behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation that you have a deadline and what u do to deal with it   Answer Question

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Manchester, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, CT (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Timken.

The on-site HR (OA as they like to say) people are really hard to get in touch with. It takes many people multiple phone calls/emails to get an interview even if you are being recommended by a current employee. Generally you start with a phone interview, then take an online test. After that you generally have a panel interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unusual, all the questions were pretty generic   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. Pretty much take it or leave it.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Timken.

Very Stringent. Starts with a phone interview. Then a panel interview with various people from management. More concerned with values than skills.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything super difficult, just different than I was used to.   Answer Question

Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  University Park, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in University Park, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Timken in February 2014.

Came to my school career fair, was offered an interview the next day and told I would receive an answer in a few weeks

Interview Questions
    • They were all straight-foward, very standard questions. Greatest strength/weakness   Answer Question

Global Engineering Systems Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Canton, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Canton, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Timken in April 2012.

Intern recruiter called me middle of the week to ask a couple screening questions (availability, checking information on resume etc.) The recruiter set up an phone interview for that Friday. Half hour interview on the phone with the hiring manager about my experience and asking me if I was interested in what he had in mind for the summer. Got a call back Monday from the recruiter to offer me a job. Since I was out of town they also offered a relocation bonus to live at the local university.

Interview Questions
    not very negotiable, they are VERY competitive plus offer the relocation bonus to cover living or to cover transportation for people outside of a 30 mile radius. There are also great intern activities and free lunches and you get a raise if you return the following year

Worked for Timken? Contribute to the Community!