Timken Interview Questions

Updated 25 Mar 2015

2.9

Quality Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Timken (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

Discussion about past experience and future goals. What attributes can you bring to the company and or skills that you could provide. Team orientation is a key quality to have and the ability to communicate is essential.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Timken (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

First Round HR - Details about your Resume(Work Exp and everything)
    Second Round Technical - 1. Mainly concentrate on OOPS concept. They will ask you to design any game problem most ppbly the one listed in your resume (Please Note, they just ask you to design and not write program, so be clear with what you say). It may be Chess/Chinese Checkers or any other game.
    2. Memory management in Java and C++ (Please be ready to explain about Garbage Collection in Brief)
    3. Different Types of Testing (Diff between WhiteBox, BlackBox Testing, Unit Testing)

Interview Questions

• Nothing , every thing is simple. The only thing is you should be clear with your basics and Fundamentals.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Timken.

Interview

Great interview process. Met with recruiter with subsequent interview with a hiring manager. Process was easy and well constructed. Felt like they really wanted to get to know me.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Service Desk(Technical Support) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Timken (Bangalore (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied though consultancy...they secluded interview at 3:00pm...and i reached early at 2:35pm and waiting for the contact person whom i need to meet...but there is no one..till 4:30pm i am waiting..asked reception people..they told they are on the way.. I thought they are coming from other country to take my interview...so i left the company without attending the interview... such a funny people ...the actually don't no the meaning of punctuality..

guys don't waste ur time attending interviews in such a place......this is the worst place ...

and interviewers wasting time in chitchatting with ther friends,,,where candidates are waiting in reception.....guys grow up....

when i read about company in Wikipedia...i thought it is a gud company....but later come to know...such a waste company....

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Timken in February 2015.

Interview

I talked to the recruiters for about 15 minutes at the career fair, the inital questions were based on my personal interests and less on the company as a whole. I was offered an interview the next day. The interview was one on one. Very laid back and comfortable interview process with basic questions. Questions were geared toward my personality, background, and interests.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult decision to make. How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Finance Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Canton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Timken (North Canton, OH (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process started with a short phone interview with a recruiter in the HR Dept. followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. The final step in the process was an on-site interview with various managers and directors in the Finance Dept. The HR recruiter sent a follow-up e-mail after the on-site interview and said they would provide feedback within a week but I never heard another word from them. I thought this was very unprofessional given the amount of time that I had spent talking to them. If it was not the right fit, they should have at least thanked me for my time. If they treat candidates this way it makes me wonder how they treat their employees.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Timken (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

First is aptitude test containing general time work problems and English questions and 2 rounds of technical interview ( bit tough to crack, you should be through with the concepts) followed by manager round ( general questions regarding your background and Managment skills ) and HR round.

Interview Questions

• Technical question will be scenario based and a bit difficult if u r not through with the concepts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Compensation is good, u dont feel the need to negotiate.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Timken.

Interview

3 rounds.starting from a very simple written aptitude test,next was hr round where basic questions like why do you want to work in this company etc were asked.last round was another hr round which was more about salary and all. the overall experience was positive .the biggest thing i learned from this experience was to show the interviewer that you really like the job profile not just the money offered.

Interview Questions

• simple questions based upon networking,os,internet etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

Interview

Loved Timken! Felt like they took the time to actually get to know me and I was given plenty of opportunities to get to know the company. Amazing college recruitment program, felt at home. 3 interviews, 1 panel interview, dinner/lunch.

Interview Questions

Decided sales engineering wasn't for me

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Timken in November 2014.

Interview

Saw the job posting on the internet, sent my resume and received an e-mail the next day, asking to schedule a phone interview. Had phone interview with a recruiter and after about 15 minutes, he asked when I would be available for a face-to-face. I got back to him the next day with my availability and two days later I was meeting with the hiring manager. The interview process consisted of 1:1 with hiring manager, panel interview and then 1:1 with a senior sales engineer. I received an e-mail from recruiter the next day, asking for my thought and whether I was interested in the position. Two weeks later I received a phone call apologizing for the delay and letting me know I would be receiving an offer. The offer letter came via e-mail along with information on benefits. Once I accepted the offer I had to submit information for a background check through HireRight, and after three days I was contacted by US Health Works to set-up my physical and drug screen (I think they waited for background results before scheduling physical). Went for the medical stuff; hair sample, vision check, hearing check, urine sample and physical.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult or unexpected - very conversational with a few tell me about a time when questions; a time when you thought outside the box, a time when you made a process more efficient.   Answer Question

Negotiation

After reading the interview reviews on here, indicating there is no negotiating and upon receiving a very competitive offer, I accepted w/o negotiation.