Timken

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Timken.

Great interview process. Met with recruiter with subsequent interview with a hiring manager. Process was easy and well constructed. Felt like they really wanted to get to know me.

No negotiation

Service Desk(Technical Support) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Timken in February 2015.

I applied though consultancy...they secluded interview at 3:00pm...and i reached early at 2:35pm and waiting for the contact person whom i need to meet...but there is no one..till 4:30pm i am waiting..asked reception people..they told they are on the way.. I thought they are coming from other country to take my interview...so i left the company without attending the interview... such a funny people ...the actually don't no the meaning of punctuality..

guys don't waste ur time attending interviews in such a place......this is the worst place ...

and interviewers wasting time in chitchatting with ther friends,,,where candidates are waiting in reception.....guys grow up....

when i read about company in Wikipedia...i thought it is a gud company....but later come to know...such a waste company....

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Timken in February 2015.

I talked to the recruiters for about 15 minutes at the career fair, the inital questions were based on my personal interests and less on the company as a whole. I was offered an interview the next day. The interview was one on one. Very laid back and comfortable interview process with basic questions. Questions were geared toward my personality, background, and interests.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a difficult decision to make. How did you go about it?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

First is aptitude test containing general time work problems and English questions and 2 rounds of technical interview ( bit tough to crack, you should be through with the concepts) followed by manager round ( general questions regarding your background and Managment skills ) and HR round.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question will be scenario based and a bit difficult if u r not through with the concepts.   View Answer
    Compensation is good, u dont feel the need to negotiate.

IT Help Desk Technician Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Timken.

3 rounds.starting from a very simple written aptitude test,next was hr round where basic questions like why do you want to work in this company etc were asked.last round was another hr round which was more about salary and all. the overall experience was positive .the biggest thing i learned from this experience was to show the interviewer that you really like the job profile not just the money offered.

Interview Questions
    • simple questions based upon networking,os,internet etc.   Answer Question

Associate Sales Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Timken.

Loved Timken! Felt like they took the time to actually get to know me and I was given plenty of opportunities to get to know the company. Amazing college recruitment program, felt at home. 3 interviews, 1 panel interview, dinner/lunch.

Interview Questions

Decided sales engineering wasn't for me

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Timken in November 2014.

Saw the job posting on the internet, sent my resume and received an e-mail the next day, asking to schedule a phone interview. Had phone interview with a recruiter and after about 15 minutes, he asked when I would be available for a face-to-face. I got back to him the next day with my availability and two days later I was meeting with the hiring manager. The interview process consisted of 1:1 with hiring manager, panel interview and then 1:1 with a senior sales engineer. I received an e-mail from recruiter the next day, asking for my thought and whether I was interested in the position. Two weeks later I received a phone call apologizing for the delay and letting me know I would be receiving an offer. The offer letter came via e-mail along with information on benefits. Once I accepted the offer I had to submit information for a background check through HireRight, and after three days I was contacted by US Health Works to set-up my physical and drug screen (I think they waited for background results before scheduling physical). Went for the medical stuff; hair sample, vision check, hearing check, urine sample and physical.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected - very conversational with a few tell me about a time when questions; a time when you thought outside the box, a time when you made a process more efficient.   Answer Question
    After reading the interview reviews on here, indicating there is no negotiating and upon receiving a very competitive offer, I accepted w/o negotiation.

Quality Interview

I hired right out of college. Be prepared to research the company and what tapered roller bearings are all about. Went to their Gaffney, SC plant and met with the management team. They prefer individual interviews one at a time vs panel approach.

Operations Development Program Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Timken.

The Interview process consisted of 2 phone interviews and then an on-site interview. The day before the on-site interview there was a networking dinner. The candidates stayed in a hotel overnight and then the next morning went to the facility. The day consisted of 3 one on one, a panel interview, a case study and a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is something you need to work on as a leader?   Answer Question

Steel Business Associate - Manufacturing Track Interview

Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Canton, OH (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Timken in October 2014.

The interviewing process takes place over two days. The first day they will give a tour of the Canton, OH area and then provide dinner at a restaurant with managers and team leaders to ask some questions before the interviews. The second day is when the interviews take place. Interviews consist of 2 one-on-one interviews and a 3 person panel interview. They also provide a tour of their Faircrest steel plant

Interview Questions
    • Name a specific time when you had to meet a deadline but something came up that may have forced you to miss that deadline   Answer Question