Toys ''R'' Us

Average Difficulty
471 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2010.

Interview Details Was a group interview. They give you legos to build a product and try to sell it, then give you actual toys to try to sell them the toy. If you make it past the group interview, then you will have 1 1 on 1 interview with a manager.

SMILE! Make the best of it and try to have fun. If you look miserable, then you look like a miserable choice.

Interview Question – What would you do if your guest wants an item, needs it today, and we don't have it in stock?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in April 2011.

Interview Details One week after applying, I received a phone call to come in for a group interview. At the group interview, they asked a series of questions to each person. Ex. "What is your favorite childhood toy?" Afterwards, they took each person individually into the office for a one-on-one interview.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Hours were too sparse.

Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2014.

Interview Details It was a group interview and there was 9 of us (meant to be 10 but one didnt turn up). We went with one of the managers called shaun who was really nice and we all went into a room and sat in a circle. There was a pen and paper provided and the first task was to just say your name to the group. Then we had to introduce the person sat next to us after 5 minutes of asking questions on what they enjoy doing etc etc. The second task was selling a product, there was an array of toys on the desk and we all picked one up and then had 5 minutes to look at it and think of how to sell it. One by one we tried to sell the product, I thought this would be difficult but I actually enjoyed it. Then the last part was a debate, he split the room in half and we debated football players salary in groups. The debate was testing team work and listening skills. Then we all went into a different room so we could have a drink and they called us in one by one to discuss our applications. They offered me a trial the next week along with 3 other interviewees who I saw written down. The interview was really fun and has given me loads of confidence I didnt know I had.

Distribution Manager Interview

Distribution Manager
Flanders, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in April 2010.

Interview Details fairly easy just met with ops and GM went over my experience in my past and what they do there, Wasn't bad at all it was pretty easy actually. The manager just seemed in a rush but nothing too out of ordinary warehouse experience

Interview Question – Pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Cashier/Sales Team Member Interview

Cashier/Sales Team Member
Colonie, NY (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in April 2014.

Interview Details Really simple one on one interview with the HR person. I was offered the job at the end of it. Questions were all the expected; "Give an example of a time you recognized a fellow worker for excelling at something", "explain a time when you worked as a team player", "if a customer needed assistance, there was a spill, and the front was calling for backup cashiers which would you attend to first?"

Interview Question – I don't really remember any of them being too difficult. You're allowed to pass on a certain number of questions anyway   View Answer

Buckhead, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in July 2014.

Interview Details took a bit long
various activities
sale a item via commercial
sale an item to the manager
introduce another interviewee
introduce yourself
spend time on the floor
mingle with other employees
overall a good interview
was a group interview
group of 5

Interview Question – No questions Asked , but hyping up another candidate interviewing for the same job   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Availability, personality

Sales Team Member Interview

Sales Team Member

Interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us

Interview Details There was one other person who was also applying there. We first had to build a Lego structure and then we had to name. Then we had to pick a toy and market it. Then, we each had a 1 on 1 interview and that was the conclusion of the interview.

Interview Question – Who is the most demanding person you know and how do you meet their needs?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Gaithersburg, MD (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Interview Details Consisted of a phone interview, and a single face to face with district manager. Very Pand L related. A lot of situational questions and scenarios. No store tour, taken right to office for 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Question – Talked a lot about quality of life, but questions led back to benefits for the company, rather than the individual.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Met my salary requirements without question.

Director Interview

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in March 2013.

Interview Details Extremely detailed hiring process with multiple rounds of interviews including the hiring Manager, Peers, and Stack holders in the position. Multiple references required and requested to complete a character survey on the potential employee. TRU likes to convey the salary expectation up front, and if agreeable then that is the number, no coming back afterwards with significant 'renegotiation'.

Interview Question – Nothing notable   Answer Question

Store Receiving Specialist Interview

Store Receiving Specialist
Hyattsville, MD (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2012.

Interview Details Easy, cookie cutter, test sales and friendliness. seasonal intro interview was basic, then theres a grip interview where you build stuff with building block and try to sell the item. then offer and then thats it. same process when it come to moving up in the company without the group process.

Interview Question – all pretty predictable   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is none

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!