Toys ''R'' Us Interview Questions

Updated 29 Oct 2014
Updated 29 Oct 2014

2.3

Store Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

I put in my resume to Toys R Us and a months later I got called up for a group interview. I was really nervous, as it was my first interview, but it wasn't scary at all.
    There were 10 of at the interview. All we did was introduce ourselves, explain why we want to work there and go over the basic rules. I would recommend knowing what Toys R Us stands for and their basic beliefs.

Interview Questions
    • We needed to chose an item from a table and "sell" it to another interviewee in front of everybody.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

I applied online and it only took about 4 or 5 days and I received a call to go in for an interview. The interview was pretty easy. They look for whether you can work together as a team and if you're capable of selling a product. Be fun and creative and try your best not to speak low or mumble.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were really hard, just be prepared to speak up and talk a lot.   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

I applied online and in a week they called to schedule an interview. The interview was mainly group activities. We were assigned in different groups and we were asked to create a toy out of legos and then talk about the toy we made to everyone. Then we were asked to choose a toy and sale it to the manager. Then after that you have a one on one interview with the manager.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was really easy. One of the questions was ''Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it? ''   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

Called in for an interview. Sent an email informing you of what to expect, among things were that it is a group setting, with various activities to get to know you and how you interact with other people. Then on to one on one interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing you recommended to someone recently, and did they accept your recommendation?   Answer Question

Costumer Service Interview

It was the easiest interview I have ever gone to. Its a group interview so you do it with like 3 other people they ask you really easy questions. They told me to pick out a toy and talk about it and to introduce myself. if you mumble and arent very talkative they send you home on the spot

Overnight Stock Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

The interview took place at 12:30. There were about 7 to 8 people there. First thing we did was build Legos together. Then we introduced ourselves to the group. Then we had to pick a toy out of the cart and sell it to the managers present. Afterwords we had a one-on-one interview with the managers, it really wasn't anything formal, they just told us about the job and they well call you regardless if you get the job or not.

Interview Questions
    • Both introducing yourself and selling a toy as well as working together to build Legos is kind of the questions   View Answer
    There was none, I get paid $8.25 an hour sometimes $10 if I'm working overnight.

Seasonal Sales Team Member Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

I had 2 interviews with them one in 2012 and one today in 2014 both were group interviews we introduced our selves, did a activity where we interviewed each other then another activity where we had to sale a toy to the group. In 2012 they told me they would like to hire me if my background check and everything came back good and about 2 days later they was calling me in for orientation. Today was different they told me to keep checking in with the manager I feel like I'm not going to get hired again

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us.

First we wrote our names on a sticker and then we had to introduce ourselves to a partner. Afterwards we built stuff with Lego blocks and had to sell it. Then we each had individual products to sell to the interviewers. Overall a fun time and makes you forget it was an interview. We had one-on-ones afterwards to go over availability and a few questions about experience. Really fun and would love to have all interviews like this in the future!

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

Applied for position on Monday. They called about an hour later but it went to voicemail because my phone had to charge. Called them back the next day and they told me to go to an group interview. Went to group interview. There were at least 9-10 people(including me of course). All I know is that we did some kind of talent thing, did a sales pitch for a toy. Then, a few got called for an interview. Unfortunately, me and 4 other people didn't make it to the second round. Said that they may call back next month, but I doubt it.

Off Hours Stock Crew Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in October 2014.

The process was pretty quick, I had my interview today (friday). I got my first call about a week ago to set up an interview. They was eager to interview me because my past experience at The Home Depot, Michaels Arts & Crafts, and RGIS.. When I got there, I went to the Guest Service Desk, like directed. And the Team Member directed me to the training room. I waited about 30 mins before my interview even begin.. Before I got there, I thought it was going to be a GROUP interview like the lady that called me said, it was. But it wasn't. I got interviewed by a supervisor because the hiring manager wasn't in.

The interview was cool, laid back, and not so uptight and demanding like I thought it was. Be down to earth, and smile! The Man that interviewed me asked a few simple questions.. like what would your past employers say about you? and tell me about yourself? and pretty much explained what's expected of me.

I answered all the questions, and asked him a couple of my own and the interview was over. it was about 20 mins. He seemed to be fond of me.. I knew i got the job!

On my way home, I gotten a call back from another associate, whom informed me that they want to further the application process and will be running a background check on me. which will take a couple days.. and when the results come in, they will call and set up orientation.

So I'm just waiting till Monday :) and see when they will schedule it.. hope all goes well.
    PS: i just wish pay was higher , its only $8.15 (minimum wage) :(

and Good Luck, if you are preparing for a interview with Toys R Us..

Be confident, smile, and willing to learn and work hard!!!