Toys ''R'' Us Senior Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2014

3.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in August 2012.

It was an all day process. Start early in the morning and are there until about 4-5pm. Meet lots of people within the accounting and finance dept. all questions that they ask are read from a paper. You have 2-3 one on one interviews. Group team builder exercises. There is a exam but not to difficult. Don't like not getting a call back on wether you received a job or not.

Interview Questions
  • They ask you a lot of scenario questions nothing too difficult. Just be prepared.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Toys ''R'' Us

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2013.

They recruited me on campus - through the MBA program. There was a first round of interviews on campus. There was a second round at their corporate headquarters. They recruit from everywhere as they had candidates flown in from across the country. They paid for everything. The facility is very nice, test toy store, cafe, etc. The second round was an all day event. It was split into two halves - interview, and activities. 3 different people would interview back to back to back. During the other half you had to take a skills test (some simple math/patterns), a team building exercise & presentation, and also a meet & greet with current employers. They provided breakfast, lunch, and snacks (meet and greet). I was very impressed by the company and the staff. It is a casual dress environment (jeans). Questions were Behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you had to deal with a demanding customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in December 2011.

Submit resume, the 1st round phone interview with HR, 2nd round phone interview with a hiring manager, 3rd round is on site interview with a group of Directors. Process took only 1 week in total, moved very fast.

Interview Questions
    Based on current salary. Not much room to negotiate once the offer is determined, more of a notice instead of negotiation opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in January 2009.

Has changed since I interviewed.
    Process is more structured and involved many formal interviews.
    Friendly, fun environment,.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation is limited due to economic climate.
    Signing bonus is more likely than a bump in base pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ (US)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in March 2011.

Submitted resume directly through the company's site. 5 weeks later I received a call from HR and had a 45 minute phone screen. Following day I had a 30 min phone interview with a manager, then an on-site meeting 2 days later. Interviewed with 5 people (1 HR, 2 Mgrs and 2 Directors) at 30 minutes each. All of the interviews followed the same format: interviewer starts out by saying what they do at TRU, how long they've been there, ask you several behavioral questions from their list and then give you a chance to ask them a couple questions. Had only one quant question and it was an easy one related to gross margin and sales.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you were instrumental in changing a process?   Answer Question
    • What was your working relationship like with your previous manager? What would s/he say about areas of improvement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in January 2009.

The interview process kicked off with a meet and mingle with company executives, followed by an IQ test, i3 nterviews and then a group presentation.

The interviews were pretty easy and straight forward - Tell me abt urself, Analytical and forecasting experiences, Wht TRU etc. I sold myself on why do you want to work for the company.

The group presentation revolved around an imaginary product and its sale, concluding with sales pitch.

Interview Questions
    • We were given an imaginary product and were supposed to market it.   View Answer
    Should have negotiated better. I lost the edge mainly because of the delay in my acceptance, but am pretty sure would have gotten a better deal, if I had accepted offer earlier.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in April 2010.

Interview consisted of an initial phone interview followed by on campus visit. When there we took an IQ test followed by 3 one hour interviews and a tour/group project/meet and greet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wayne, NJ (US)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Toys ''R'' Us in November 2009.

Phone interview screen with senior finance manager followed by a full day interview at corp headquarters. Interview consisted of conversations with three different finance professionals. Mostly behavioral questions (why us, why finance, tell me about yourself, etc) with a few relatively easy quantitative questions. There was also a computer based logic / ethics test.

Interview Questions
    They would not negotiate anything.

Worked for Toys ''R'' Us? Contribute to the Community!