Trader Joe's

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Crew
Staten Island, NY (US)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Trader Joe's.

Interview Details Very informal. Just walked in and handed resume to manager, Renee (?)

Interview Question – Only asked me why Trader Joes.   Answer Question

Crew Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Trader Joe's in August 2012.

Interview Details Very easy interview!
Dropped off my application with a resume and cover letter, the next day I received a phone call asking for an interview. They told me that the reason they called me in was because I wrote a cover letter, which was nice. The girl who interviewed me was very pleasant and asked me why I chose Trader Joe's and we talked about customer service and the like.
It seemed to go well, and I was called a few days later with an offer.

Interview Question – No hard questions.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN (US)

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Trader Joe's in August 2011.

Interview Details Submit an application to a store. Indicate as much availability as you can (Willingness to work whenever they need you. Most often nights and weekends)

You'll likely have 3-4 interviews on different days with different people from the store. Mates and ultimately the Captain. These lasted 30-50 minutes each.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Starting out with no experience you're not in a position to bargain. If you have grocery or retail experience
you might be able to ask for a little more.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Trader Joe's

Worked for Trader Joe's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Trader Joe's Crew interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Trader Joe's employees and interview candidates.