Travelers Companies FMLDP Intern Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

FMLDP Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Applied in October. First interview in March with a member of the rotational program. Second interview was at the HQ and was four hours. Interviewed with 5 people, mostly relaxed. The head of the program asked very technical finance and accounting questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Travelers Companies

FMLDP Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2013.

Fit based/normal behavioral questions with some basic technical questions added in as well. Make sure you know about Travelers, their history, why you want to work for them, your interest in the 3 year rotational program, and what specifically you're looking to do in the rotational program. Additionally, it wouldn't hurt to know what you "want" do to 5-10 years down the road. Make sure you tie everything together.

Interview Questions
    • How are the three main financial statements related to one another? What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

FMLDP Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2012.

2 rounds of interviews.
    In the first round, I meet with a current participant in the FMLDP who was very chill. The interview went well. He said I would hear from the company in a couple weeks but I got a phone call the next day in which they invited me back for a second round.
    The second round sounded very intimidating. 5 different interviews with 5 different people. An event coordinator, a CFO, lunch with a current participant, a FMLDP alum, and the Finance Director of FMLDP. They were all amazingly nice people and I was totally comfortable speaking to them. They made the interviews seem like conversations instead. I got a call the next day saying that they want to offer me the job. Both the event coordinator and the finance director were on the phone. Again they were extremely nice and happy for me. I know this is the company for me!

Interview Questions
    • Some basis technical questions related to Finance and Accounting
      A lot of questions on leadership experience
      Resume screening
        Answer Question

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!