Travelers Companies Interview Questions

Updated 26 Sep 2014
Updated 26 Sep 2014

Notice of Loss Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2014.

I had a phone interview with a woman about this position in Independence, OH. She had stated she would send my information to the hiring managers and suggest an in face interview. She said it would be okay to follow-up with her if I didn't hear anything. I followed up with a voicemail about a week later, then a few days after that, and so on and so forth. I never heard back from the manager's or her in regards of me either moving forward or not. The job was reposted about a month after I applied and is still open now, which leads me to assume that they are no longer interested, however the fact that I could not receive an answer on my interview status I felt was very unprofessional. I suggest the company make an effort to let prospective employees know if they are going to honestly move forward in the process, or if they are not going to consider you.

Account Manager/Assistant Underwriting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2014.

Process took 2 months. Applied online, got a call from Hr, phone interview, 2nd phone interview with hiring manager. Took a month to schedule my 1st in person interview. Once that was scheduled everything went a little smoother. 3 days later I was got a call back for a final sit down interview with the hiring manager and 2 other people from the Indy office. Very next day I got a call back from hr asking how my interview went and was told I would be hearing something back within the week. 2 weeks went by and I finally heard back from Hr about a decision.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing hard, very easy interview questions, just do your homework and you will be fine.   Answer Question

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spokane, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2014.

Applied online - received phone call within a couple hours of posting resume and local office set up a phone interview with department in Virginia - Phone interview went well and I was invited in for assessment testing. Assessment was a timed multiple choice from a book and write your response on a separate sheet of paper. Each section was 15 -20 minutes. Assessment was timed and began with math, accounting and percentage based word problems - a very old school calculator was provided that was hard to operate. Test continued to questions like if yellow comes before blue and blue comes before green what order is __ in. And then a section scanning for errors and discrepancies in columns of numbers. Test moved onto English skills, and to write a simulated email over a customer dispute scenario. Everyone was dismissed after testing and we were told we'd know by the end of the week if we were moving forward. Two days later received email that I was not selected.

Everyone was really nice and I enjoyed the phone interview process. Assessment was very long and the kind that turns your brain into Swiss cheese by the end. The offices looked nice and professional and the break room and bathrooms were spotless. I wish they'd made an offer, it looked like a great place to work.

I'm a new grad with little experience beyond internships and a year long stint in low-level customer service.

Workers Comp Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Phone interviews followed by two in person interviews with three people. Spent about half a day with the team. I signed for a background check. They were very knowledgeable and friendly. One month has passed without any confirmation or rejection.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question: they asked a few times about commute.   Answer Question

Outside Property Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Spokane, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Slow process - standard HR questions, situational questions (i.e. give a time when...). Testing given to determine if you can read/write/follow direction such as given a map and then asked to identify addresses, direction, etc.

Interview Questions
    Travelers was unwilling to negotiate any aspect of the hiring level/salary/vacation time

Administrative Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

only had a phone interview with the director which went well. After the call i was invited to come over the next day!! i was expected more such as an in person interveiw but this was not needed

Senior Consultant Interview

Went to a career fair for resume drop and initial screening. Passed my first interview at career fair and got an on-site offer three weeks later. The on-site interview lasted 6 hours including a lunch meeting. All one-on-one meetins with manager on different teams within the group. Recieved the verbal offer very shortly.

Interview Questions
    • Most technical question was to write a program for a simple task and suggest different ways to achieve the target.
      Most unexpected question was "what was the biggest risk you have taken?"
      Most difficult questions were to "plan and state all the necessary steps to run a complete project?"
      and "What do you think is the most difficult and time-consuming phase in a project and how did you overcome obstacles?"
      "What made you choose your career interest?"
        Answer Question

Insurance Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Standard questions and process, take tests, 1 person interview, 2 person interview, HR interview. Phone scenario test where you actually talk to a tester on the phone. The whole process only takes a few days and the phone scenario is done with a current employee who holds the position.

FMLDP - Internship Interview

First round on campus interview followed by a four round interview at the company in downtown St. Paul. Two with participants of the program, one with a VP of Finance and the final one was via video conference with the director if the internship program from Harford, Connecticut.

Interview Questions
    • They asked some specific accounting and finance questions that were a little tricky, but nothing too hard.   Answer Question

IT Risk Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

I was called by the HR Recruiter, had an initial 30 minute screen. Recruiter was heavily focused on my salary requirements which I consistently reassured I was negotiable. I then had a 30 min conversation with hiring manager, who was very open and informative. Sounded like he was trying to hire and groom a person so he could retire soon. I then went for in person interviews. All went well - very skill focused rather than behavioral, except when interviewed by HR representative. She was very open and communicated the company had a lot of professional development opportunities. The VP interview was different. I felt like this person was threatened by my experience. Tried to give me a pressure interview which I answered calmly and thoroughly. All and all, the interviews were fine except for the last one where I don't believe I would have done well working for the VP which I think would've happened if the hiring manager retired. The company is old school - old technology which was unsettling. Looks like people have been there for 20+yrs on average. Could be good, could be bad. In the end, the HR rep called and told me it was between me and another candidate and they decided not to choose either but to re-post the position...makes you wonder how decisions are made within the company.

Interview Questions
    • All skills based related to my previous experience. 'Tell me about yourself" is always the opening question...   Answer Question