Travelers Companies

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Property Adjuster Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies.

Interview Details 1. Pre interview phone interview asking basic questions and behavioral questions. If you have claims experience then use it.
2. Aptitude test at the corporate office. Reading comprehension, math, behavioral, spelling, excel spreadsheet, and writing a bad newsletter.
3. Interview with unit manager pending.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Risk Control Consultant Interview

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2011.

Interview Details I had 4 interviews. The company kept telling me they had to wait a long time before the position got approved but all of a sudden I got an unbelievable low job offer from them. The interviews were informal and not technical at all. They asked for drug test, driving record, credit check, copy of previous employer pay stub to prove previous salary amount, hearing test, medical examination, diploma copy, school info to call them and verify my degree, called previous employer for references,etc. it was an extensive process, easy, just painful.

Interview Question – Where do I see myself 5 years from now. No technical questions at all   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will low ball you based on your salary history even though you have a degree and experience. I was only able to get 8% more than what they initially offered me.

Nurse Case Manager Interview

Diamond Bar, CA (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Travelers Companies in October 2013.

Interview Details Applied online. Phone interview from corporate office was great. The relationship I had with the corporate recruiter was warm and inviting. She was very informative and a joy to work with. It took 3 weeks to be called in for an onsite interview. When I did speak with the HR Dept @ the DB office, HR was huffing and sounded bothered. Questions at onsite read directly from interview sheet. I was interviewed by 3 managers. I was new to the insurance arena, yet had equivalent work experience in an outside field. The interviewers kept asking direct nursing experience based questions. At one point I caught one of the interviewers rolling her eyes. It was by far the worst experience I have had interviewing anywhere in my career. 2 of the 3 interviewers were very nice, one was mildly unpleasant the entire time. It did not feel like warm or inviting environment. Having worked in management, hiring, training and coaching for years, I was surprised by the lack of warmth and the rigidity of the interview.

Interview Question – How have I handled dealing with an angry or upset Dr. in the past.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Diamond Bar, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in July 2013.

Interview Details People seemed very nice and interested. I interviewed with the recruiter online (20 minutes) and was asked to submit the background check application. Next was asked to do live interview--proceeded to meet with 3 different departmental heads in individual interviews (all same day). Again, they seemed interested and I was looking forward to their call offering me the job. I was told they would contact me within a week (either way--decline or offer) but never heard back. They never pulled the background check either.

Interview Question – Example of interview question is "Give me an example of when you used your negotiating skills and how did it turn out?"   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Irvine, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in May 2013.

Interview Details I applied on the Travelers website and then within a couple days I was sent an email from an HR recruiter from back east. She initially said she would probably contact me within a week but a day or two later I received a phone call from the local hiring manager. I interviewed with the local hiring manager and another supervisor a few days later in their office. The local hiring manager said that the next step in the hiring process would be a telephone interview with a panel of other people in her office to ask me insurance questions to find out my skill level. A few days passed and I never heard from the hiring manager so I contacted the HR recruiter to get a status on the position. She called me a few days later and said that they were in the process of making an offer to another hire. I told her that the local hiring manager shouldn't be telling candidates that she would be calling them if she had no intention of doing so but I thanked her for giving me the status on the job and for not making me wait in outer space any longer. She then encouraged me to apply for other positions with the company. I thought the HR department was responsive but the local hiring manager was misleading. This process took over a month and I haven't received an official letter stating the position was filled- perhaps they don't send the professional closure letters like other companies do now. Local office seemed a bit chaotic- perhaps because they just moved to a new location and the manager supervises about 140 people plus a whole other office about 30 miles away!

Interview Question – What are your professional goals within the next 5 years?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Walnut, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Travelers Companies in November 2009.

Interview Details Initial phone interview with HR, Phone interview with Hiring Manager, Forma interview with hiring manager and Regional VP. Follow up interview with hiring manager and other line of business leaders.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness and how do you work on improving it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Some negotiation but without specific experience it is tough to negotiate further.

Outside Property Claims Adjuster Interview

Diamond Bar, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2011.

Interview Details The interview starts with a phone screening. They analyze your customer service experience and technical knowledge. Next is a test. The test is understanding Xactimate diagrams or property layouts. Also consists of insurance principal knowledge and excel spreadsheets.

Interview Question – Did not make it to face to face interview. After passing the test someone with more experience was chosen for the region I wanted and I did not want to relocate.   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Diamond Bar, CA (US)

The process took a day - interviewed at Travelers Companies in March 2012.

Interview Details applied online, received a email need to set date to phone interview, got a phone call after 3 days, interview last 20 mins, never heard anything back.

Interview Question – whats the most difficult thing you have encountered in you work?   Answer Question

Workers Compensation Interview

Diamond Bar, CA (US)

The process took 12 months - interviewed at Travelers Companies in June 2011.

Interview Details It was the worst interview ever experience due to constant interruption from interviewer's cell phone

Interview Question – What do you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Trainee Interview

Glendale, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Travelers Companies in January 2010.

Interview Details Recruiters came to campus to recruit for trainee position. Actually interviewed with recruiter, MD (manager),and the RVP. Most of the questions were behavioral and you need to demonstrate the ability to handle problems and sales/customer service skills. Pretty standard interviewing process, nothing too rigorous or difficult about it if you are a qualified candidate.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Travelers Companies? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Travelers Companies interview questions and advice in Los Angeles, CA. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Travelers Companies employees and interview candidates.