UBS

2.9

Senior Applicatioin Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in April 2010.

At first there was a telephone screening. Then the second turn is design pattern and UML, then core java, then java threading, then questions based on my background. At last I was interviewed by the development department manager. So there was 6 turns interview.

Interview Questions
    • we are using udp, and find out the client program could not receive the udp packet, do u know where is the problem.   View Answer
    • draw the UML for design patterns, lots of. such as visitor, abstract factory....   View Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

only 3 steps of the process
    1.online 2.telephone 3.ac
    the process is not difficult until the ac. pay attention to the last part of ac which is the group discussion of a case. you don't need to present for it!!
    The competency and tech parts are really easy.

Corp Cash Management Group Interview

I had one in-office interview with three different people. The questions were very straightforward and simple. I was asked about my work history and what I knew about the company. Each individual I talked to seemed interested in the conversation they were all easy to converse with. Overall, the process was quite simple and quick.

Summer Analyst At IB Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Walk me through your CV. Tell me about a recent deal that you follow. Interviewer was really friendly and makes you feel comfortable. The interview process was much more technical than I think it is.

Interview Questions
    • What is the risk if the Halliburton and Baker Hughes deal will not go through?   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Initial Phone interview - all competency based. Basically wanted you to come up with various scenarios of when you'd show a specific competency or skill. Very much a Q&A - not much general conversation going on and very one way. Didn't get a placement but my friend did following just the telephone interview - no face to face.

Spring Week Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

1. Online application. Standard competency questions plus a numerical and logical test.

2. Telephone interview (why UBS, why trading, what's going on in the news, how would you invest 1 million, do you have any questions for us, how is UBS doing).

Fairly easy interview but say something creative, also UBS conversion rate is not very high at the moment

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

The interview did not take very long and it was very easy and straight forward. Very unstructured and really just wants to see how one would be at cold calling and client relations. It depends on the team that you interview with as all teams are different.

Firm

Branch Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

After applying for the position, I received an email to set up a phone interview. My phone interview was conducted by a member of the company's New Jersey office and consisted of general interview questions, starting out with "tell me about yourself". This interview lasted about 25 minutes. About a week after the phone interview, I received another email to schedule an in-person interview. This interview focused more on interpersonal and teamwork skills and called for recalling a specific situation that utilized each skill discussed (or how I reacted in the past to certain situations). This interview lasted about half an hour, about ten minutes of which consisted of the interviewer answering my questions about the position.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I had to answer was why I was applying for this job instead of traditional legal jobs and whether I was comfortable with sticking with this route while giving up the opportunity to pursue the traditional litigation route.   Answer Question

Group Technology Interview

The interview process was very enjoyable. There were no curveball questions, mostly behavioral and getting to know me. They just wanted to see if I'd be a good fit at the company based on personality and obvious work ethic.

No negotiation

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UBS.

Online application. The process took only a few days. I got called for a phone interview scheduled the next day. After that phone interview (compentency based questions) they sent me an email for the assessment centre taking place a few days after. At the Assessment Centre there were 5 steps : a numerical test, a presentation, 2 interviews and a group exercise.