UBS Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Applicatioin Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UBS in April 2010.

At first there was a telephone screening. Then the second turn is design pattern and UML, then core java, then java threading, then questions based on my background. At last I was interviewed by the development department manager. So there was 6 turns interview.

Interview Questions
    • we are using udp, and find out the client program could not receive the udp packet, do u know where is the problem.   View Answer
    • draw the UML for design patterns, lots of. such as visitor, abstract factory....   View Answer

CSA/NFA Wealth Advice Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Weehawken, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS.

Initially got in contact through employee referral. Got an email scheduling a phone interview with 5 different people of various positions, each to last 30 minutes (around 2.5 hours total). Some were personable, others were very blunt with questions and just wanted to get straight to the point. Asked questions about background and experience, with some people asking the same questions as others; spent a lot of time telling me about the position. Asked if I knew what some characteristics of basic investment vehicles were (Mutual fund, fixed income. Not many curveballs, but the interview was very long.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest personal weakness?
      How does your experience prove you will be able to effectively communicate with people via phone?
        Answer Question

Processing Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in October 2010.

interview was ok. more of an informal chat but I think it is far more strict nowdays. they have to complete competency tests and have several interviews. years ago it was just a chat.

no negation. offered the salary that I wanted.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at UBS.

It can be a long process for minimal rewards. Research what you are getting into before go this route. There is a large difference between Wealth , and Investment culture

Interview Questions
    • Question are straight forward commonly used through the financial world   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at UBS in November 2013.

The interviewer was very kind and he started friendly conversation first. I was the last one so he was exhausted however he asked very general questions such as "Tell me about yourself, What do you think about our company?, Which of your skills do you trust?"

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewing about leadership and he asked "Tell me one of your most difficult experience about leadership". What can I say about it? The people I managed or money? I humbled something but he didn't seem so pleased to my answer.   Answer Question

Client Advisor Assistant Interview

There was only one interview, with one MD and one ED. Interview was friendly, but it depends on who the interviewer is. Some prefer technical questions, some prefer culture fit questions. Networking and referral clinched the interview.

Interview Questions

Already took up another job. Offer took 2 months due to headcount issues.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at UBS in June 2012.

Make sure you are well prepared for the interview and know your resume top to bottom, It is a straight forward interview with someone on the team you are going for. Make sure you also are prepared to be in a serious environment and are looking to gain expereince from Financial Advisors, Managers

Senior Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at UBS.

Mostly driven by individual teams. I was recruited through my university. Members of the team flew out and interviewed me on campus and then flew me out to LA for a final round.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in April 2012.

Applied through university career services. Was put in touch with a client service representative who conducted a single phone interview. Interview consisted of a few fit questions - mainly why I was interested in the position, and what about my post experiences made me a good candidate for the position.

Network Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UBS.

Tiered interview process. Depending on the department you are in, 1) The first interview is personality based, 2) the second interview is technical 3) The third interview is background, drug testing, etc.

Interview Questions
    Offer, take it or leave it.

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!