UBS

2.9

Senior Applicatioin Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in April 2010.

At first there was a telephone screening. Then the second turn is design pattern and UML, then core java, then java threading, then questions based on my background. At last I was interviewed by the development department manager. So there was 6 turns interview.

Interview Questions
    • we are using udp, and find out the client program could not receive the udp packet, do u know where is the problem.   View Answer
    • draw the UML for design patterns, lots of. such as visitor, abstract factory....   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UBS.

Assessment Centre

1) Technical Thinking Exercise (Individual)
    - think individually then present to interviewer

2) Numerical Exercise (Individual)
    - 20 min

3) Group Discussion Exercise
    - 15 min thinking
    - 20 min group exercise

4) Competency Interview (Individual)
    - 40 min ~ interview

Interview Questions
    • What is a current business news that caught your attention?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

It started with a standard application for Summer 2013. I was then invited to take a Phone interview with HR then an Assessment Centre.

The phone call was bog standard competencies as well as some UBS based questions.

The AC had a presentation based on information, a group assessment & an interview. The process was really friendly and the questions certainly weren't too taxing. It's a shame I messed up the group exercise by not inputting.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give an example of a product/service we provide?   Answer Question

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Applied through program with the help of connections, and as a result was a pretty easy process. Most applicants tend to be entering their junior year so the questions tend to not be too technical. This is a very good program though that is helpful to anyone who wants to get introduced to the both the financial world and, obviously, mainly the wealth management world.

Sales and Trading Interview

focus more on market than other firms
    everyone at the firm is focused because of the recent downsizing/ However, they are a good group of people trying to do the most they can.

Investment Management Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

the usual recruiting scheme. first the phone interview and then went to the office for the back to back interviews. the interview was not difficult and a mix of tech and behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • the interview was quite technical and team based. knowing the market would be a plus but running through the resume with a sound story would be a must.   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

only 3 steps of the process
    1.online 2.telephone 3.ac
    the process is not difficult until the ac. pay attention to the last part of ac which is the group discussion of a case. you don't need to present for it!!
    The competency and tech parts are really easy.

Technlolgy Analyst Interview

Filled in the application form online. Got one telephone interview which asked questions about: Why UBS, Why technology, How do you feel about the financial crisis, What can you bring to the firm, What makes you different, Why investment banking.

Have not got result of it yet.

Corp Cash Management Group Interview

I had one in-office interview with three different people. The questions were very straightforward and simple. I was asked about my work history and what I knew about the company. Each individual I talked to seemed interested in the conversation they were all easy to converse with. Overall, the process was quite simple and quick.

Summer Analyst At IB Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Walk me through your CV. Tell me about a recent deal that you follow. Interviewer was really friendly and makes you feel comfortable. The interview process was much more technical than I think it is.

Interview Questions
    • What is the risk if the Halliburton and Baker Hughes deal will not go through?   Answer Question