UBS Interview Questions

2.9

Senior Applicatioin Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UBS in April 2010.

At first there was a telephone screening. Then the second turn is design pattern and UML, then core java, then java threading, then questions based on my background. At last I was interviewed by the development department manager. So there was 6 turns interview.

Interview Questions
    • we are using udp, and find out the client program could not receive the udp packet, do u know where is the problem.   View Answer
    • draw the UML for design patterns, lots of. such as visitor, abstract factory....   View Answer

PWM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at UBS.

The people were really nice and walk you through the interview. The questions were mostly behavioral and they made sure hard questions were more of a dialogue than sitting there silently while you struggle through it. Very nice people, both sales and product development. This was their first time hiring an intern for their department so I'm not sure they had a concrete process. Fun interview.

Intern Interview

Was a very good experience. People were very nice and the interview was pretty straight forward and focused more on fit and personality questions. Didn't ask anything unexpected just the basic type of questions you can expect to hear in any job interview.

CSA/NFA Wealth Advice Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Weehawken, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weehawken, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS.

Initially got in contact through employee referral. Got an email scheduling a phone interview with 5 different people of various positions, each to last 30 minutes (around 2.5 hours total). Some were personable, others were very blunt with questions and just wanted to get straight to the point. Asked questions about background and experience, with some people asking the same questions as others; spent a lot of time telling me about the position. Asked if I knew what some characteristics of basic investment vehicles were (Mutual fund, fixed income. Not many curveballs, but the interview was very long.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest personal weakness?
      How does your experience prove you will be able to effectively communicate with people via phone?
        Answer Question

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at UBS.

It can be a long process for minimal rewards. Research what you are getting into before go this route. There is a large difference between Wealth , and Investment culture

Interview Questions
    • Question are straight forward commonly used through the financial world   Answer Question

Client Advisor Assistant Interview

There was only one interview, with one MD and one ED. Interview was friendly, but it depends on who the interviewer is. Some prefer technical questions, some prefer culture fit questions. Networking and referral clinched the interview.

Interview Questions

Already took up another job. Offer took 2 months due to headcount issues.

Senior Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at UBS.

Mostly driven by individual teams. I was recruited through my university. Members of the team flew out and interviewed me on campus and then flew me out to LA for a final round.

Network Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UBS.

Tiered interview process. Depending on the department you are in, 1) The first interview is personality based, 2) the second interview is technical 3) The third interview is background, drug testing, etc.

Interview Questions
    Offer, take it or leave it.

Junior Quantitative Analyst, Portfolio Risk Methodology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UBS in August 2014.

1. Phone interview about who I am, what they do, what I can do, how I would fit in.

2. Personal Interview 2:1 with the head of the department and one executive director:
    General questions about my CV, mentioned skills and personality. Not many technical questions, but rather discussions like "What do you think about..., let's discuss."
    Questions were focused on VaR,CVaR models, black-scholes model, arma-garch models, portfolio optimization. They also told me what problems they face in the moment and if I had any ideas how to solve them. They did not expect an actual answer, only ideas about how to approach the problems.

3. Three Personal Interviews (2 weeks later): 1:1, 2:1, 2:1 (1 hour each) with team members:
    Questions about how well I would fit into the team. I had to describe my master thesis in high detail. Afterwards technical questions were raised.
    Programming skills are required, but I did not have any technical questions about that.

In general, the interview atmosphere was very friendly and comfortable.

Interview Questions
    • How do I define backtesting, stress testing.
      How to decompose complex structured products into base elements (I had to draw it) in order to assess the risk properties.
      How to make a portfolio delta-neutral with one option.
      What is necessary to also make it gamma-neutral?
      Do I have ideas how to approximate risk of options with the VIX index?
      What algorithms/methods are used to optimize big portfolios?
        Answer Question

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at UBS.

I received an an interview through a referral at my college I am studying at. The first interview I had with UBS was just a phone screening. The second interview I had with UBS asked about what my goals were for my career in finance and why I wanted to be with Wealth Management at UBS.

Interview Questions
    The process took very long, I accepted the offer in early May and didn't start working until mid June.

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!