UBS

2.9

Senior Applicatioin Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS in April 2010.

At first there was a telephone screening. Then the second turn is design pattern and UML, then core java, then java threading, then questions based on my background. At last I was interviewed by the development department manager. So there was 6 turns interview.

Interview Questions
    • we are using udp, and find out the client program could not receive the udp packet, do u know where is the problem.   View Answer
    • draw the UML for design patterns, lots of. such as visitor, abstract factory....   View Answer

Client Advisor Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UBS.

1 interview (hiring manager) + 3 interview (half an hour each with team members) + numerical (24 questions in 15 mins) + verbal + clerical tests on same date of team interview

UBS Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA (US)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at UBS.

Great experience, friendly people, and great location. Not a high stress interview.

Had initial phone interview then in-person interviews at their offices. Total interview consisted of meetings with 3 people. Process was very pleasant.

No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UBS.

Had a direct interview with the financial advisor. She made the position clear. I was a little disappointed that the financial advisor was looking for a somewhat marketing intern. She pretty much asked me behavioral questions.

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

3 phone interview, super day with a 45 minute desk shadow and 5 20-min interview, one on one. It's a sales and trading summer analyst position, so why trading why ubs and what's going on in the market.

Chief Operating Office Graduate Scheme Interview

Applied online. Then I was invited to do the online tests. A couple weeks later, I was called by the HR for the telephone interview. The interview lasted 15-20mins. Questions asked were "Why IB?","Why USB?","What do you think of the impact of last financial crisis?",+ competency-based questions. Then I was invited for AC. On the AC day, candidates were asked to re-do the numerical tests first. After passing the benchmark, successful candidates were given 30 mins to prepare for a 10 mins presentation using cases provided. Then three 1-1 interviews were held, followed by a group discussion.

Interview Questions
    • “Having looked back into the history, what decisions you have made could be improved?”   Answer Question

Spring Week Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UBS.

Online application with 4 questions (why ubs, why you, proudest achievement and extra curricular activities), and work experience details. Contacted in few days with online tests (numerical and logical both 40 mins long) and 1 and half weeks later- call for telephone interview with HR (not very long, about 15-20 mins)

Interview Questions
    • Standard questions (Why UBS, why department, standard competencies etc)   Answer Question

Financial Analyst, Fixed Income Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

applied online, after doing online tests i received an offer to do a phone interview. was a given a days notice to prepare. interview was 15 mn long with competency based questions, such as why pursue a career in finance and why Fixed income

Interview Questions
    • hardest decision int he last 12 months. and tell me about a time when you made a mistake and regretted it after.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

very lengthy process, it took 2 months, first with HR, ask typical HR questions, then serveral phone interviews for java questions, then onsite interview one on one, and with a group of people.

Interview Questions
    did not negotiate, I wish I did, everyone is associate director, if you don't ask, you don't get it. very micro management company, does not like it.

UBS Wealth Management Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at UBS.

Met with the Senior Advisors and they asked me about my professional experience as well as what I knew about Wealth Management. They were more interested in me being passionate about helping them than my experience.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me what makes me different from all of the other candidates.   Answer Question