UBS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Applicatioin Developer Interview

Senior Applicatioin Developer
Sydney

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at UBS in April 2010.

Interview Details At first there was a telephone screening. Then the second turn is design pattern and UML, then core java, then java threading, then questions based on my background. At last I was interviewed by the development department manager. So there was 6 turns interview.

Interview Questions

• we are using udp, and find out the client program could not receive the udp packet, do u know where is the problem.   View Answer
  • draw the UML for design patterns, lots of. such as visitor, abstract factory....   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at UBS in June 2012.

Interview Details Make sure you are well prepared for the interview and know your resume top to bottom, It is a straight forward interview with someone on the team you are going for. Make sure you also are prepared to be in a serious environment and are looking to gain expereince from Financial Advisors, Managers

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

Client Advisor Assistant Interview

Client Advisor Assistant

Interviewed at UBS

Interview Details There was only one interview, with one MD and one ED. Interview was friendly, but it depends on who the interviewer is. Some prefer technical questions, some prefer culture fit questions. Networking and referral clinched the interview.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Already took up another job. Offer took 2 months due to headcount issues.

Senior Wealth Strategy Associate Interview

Senior Wealth Strategy Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details Mostly driven by individual teams. I was recruited through my university. Members of the team flew out and interviewed me on campus and then flew me out to LA for a final round.

Interview Question – mostly behavioral and some market based questions   Answer Question

New York, NY (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS in April 2012.

Interview Details Applied through university career services. Was put in touch with a client service representative who conducted a single phone interview. Interview consisted of a few fit questions - mainly why I was interested in the position, and what about my post experiences made me a good candidate for the position.

Interview Question – Pitch me a stock..   Answer Question

Network Associate Interview

Network Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details Tiered interview process. Depending on the department you are in, 1) The first interview is personality based, 2) the second interview is technical 3) The third interview is background, drug testing, etc.

Interview Question – How you can improve the department   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer, take it or leave it.

New York, NY (US)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details I received an an interview through a referral at my college I am studying at. The first interview I had with UBS was just a phone screening. The second interview I had with UBS asked about what my goals were for my career in finance and why I wanted to be with Wealth Management at UBS.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The process took very long, I accepted the offer in early May and didn't start working until mid June.

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details Initially, they contacted me via phone after I submitted a resume through my school's career center. They have you come to their office, and for the most part it was your run of the mill interview questions. They then had me speak with a guy who had graduated recently from my school, he had similar questions for me. From their discussions with me, it was obvious that they were proud of their AUM, but I didn't get the sense that their clients were a priority. The office was beautiful with polite staff.

Interview Question – What differentiated this position (wealth management) from one in other financial services, like investment banking or consulting?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I wanted to intern with a group that cared about their clients, not just their money. This may sound counterintuitive for wealth management, but my internship now has shown me that those firms exist.

KYC Analyst Interview

KYC Analyst
Warsaw (Poland)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UBS.

Interview Details 2 interviews, the first screening and the second with the hiring manager, not at all difficult process. They were very polite and they asked me questions about my skills, education and of course if I knew details about the vacancy.

Strategist Interview

Strategist
New York, NY (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at UBS in September 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process is notoriously slow and a very frustrating process. So be prepared! You will have to go thru many interview rounds and meet many individuals, including those that are not well-prepared to interview ... and not so interested in being there.

Worked for UBS? Contribute to the Community!