UPS

Updated 25 Nov 2014
Updated 25 Nov 2014

2.0

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

I filled out the application and as soon as I finished I was asked to set an appointment time for and interview the next day. I got to the interview and it was sort of like a group interview. We sat in this room for like 2 hours waiting to be interviewed. Then the hr FINALLY came and pulled us out by groups of ten. One by one we went inside the interview room and she asked for our email and do we have a record. If your responses were right she told you orientation is the next day and wear boots to the orientation and you have some extra paper work to fill out once you get home. Basically you got the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Just why do you want to work for UPS? As long as you have a clean background your hired.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. It's seasonal so it's $8 per hour and overtime is $12 but if they decide to keep you pass the season position then you get $16 per hour.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS.

This is for the Air Ramp position, working outdoors:

I started an application online. I did not finish it, but received an email reminding me that they had positions available and inviting me to finish my app. Once I did so, I was able to schedule an interview for the very next day. I parked at the facility and signed in with a group of other people waiting to interview.

We all entered a room with a big table. The HR person went over what she called "the good, the bad and the ugly", starting with "the ugly". She was very straightforward about how challenging this position is. She explained we would be working outside in all types of weather. She said we could often be on our knees in the belly of a plane loading and unloading packages. The shifts would start at either 4a or 10p (we could choose which we preferred). She was sure to emphasize the physical demands of the job. She also pointed out that the starting pay is $10/hour. It is a union position, so the union would be deducting $25 from your pay for the first 10 weeks for the initiation fee, then $25 monthly thereafter.

Once she was done with that, she asked if there was anyone who felt they were no longer interested in the position. One person expressed having arthritis in his hands and left. She thanked them for being honest. There was no shaming. She then went on with "the good": full benefits after one year, $5500 per year tuition reimbursement after 90 days, discounts with various merchants and upward mobility. UPS has a culture of hiring/promoting from within the company. I got the impression that this was a very real possibility and that one could do so relatively quickly.

She then conducted brief, individual interviews with each of us. She asked when was the last time I did work outside? How long would I plan on staying on with them? Am I physically able to complete my duties? She then offered me a job contingent on the results of my background check. Also, on my rehire code from previously working for the company. I asked for a couple of days to get back to her. I got fingerprinted in the interim, just to move the process along in case I came back with a yes.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected-how would I do working on a very tight schedule? (The planes have to leave at a precise time daily).   Answer Question

Looking for a higher rate of pay.

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Easy group informational orientation/interview Past experience that directly not indirectly or otherwise relates in whole,part, or any fraction of a way to the current position you are presently in the first of many other small but equally important and necessary and potentially disqualifying steps that may or may not lead to a permanent full time, benefitted position now or in the future with UPS or any affiliates, subsidiaries, holdings or shell corporations, in as few words or phrases as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Past experience that directly not indirectly or otherwise relates in whole,part, or any fraction of a way to the current position you are presently in the first of many other small but equally important and necessary and potentially disqualifying steps that may or may not lead to a permanent full time, benefitted position now or in the future with UPS or any affiliates, subsidiaries, holdings or shell corporations, in as few words or phrases as possible.   Answer Question
    none set salary

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

The hiring process took a couple of weeks. I applied through their career portal.
    Total 2 rounds : telephonic
    First round was technical , basics from the technologies mentioned in the job requirement
    Second consisted of behavioural questions, like strength, weakness, most proudest moment, how would you handle if you did not like your team mates design?

Interview Questions
    • nothing really tough, all expected. Be thorough with basics   Answer Question

Driver Helper Interview

interview was easy. it took an hour. It was a group interview. 25 people. the first 40 minutes was a group interview and explanation of the job?

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Piece of cake and very simple very easy. Not much to worry about when asked simple questions such as what your previous work was like, why you chose UPS an so forth

Interview Questions
    • Willingness to stay with job for said number of months   Answer Question

Unloader-PT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

Quick and efficient. Week long paid training seemed adequate enough for me. During the class the new-hire training people were very thorough as to how the sort operations run and what is expected. Safety seemed to be their #1 topic among all activities and duties that are performed while on property and on the clock. Learned more than enough to do the job right.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations to speak of. Just go with the flow and you'll be in like flint!

Seasonal Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

Was easy , because I was the only one well dressed and clean shaved .
    If you are looking for a full time permanent job position it might take 4 to 5 years. After the seasonal job if you are interested in continue , must let they know , you will be hired as permanent part time and you only qualify for the full benefits after 1 year of employment.

UPS Preload Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

First an online app, then meet with a group at the hub and take a warehouse tour in which they review the rest of the app process and set UPS standards. Then you come back in (next day for me) and HR asks some easy questions. Then they refer you back to the online app to do some forms such as W4 and I9, then you set up a new interview with HR and then you'll be working very soon after.

Interview Questions
    Everything was already set in stone, no negotiations

Software Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS.

The interview was through a phone call. I have been contacted by a representative after a short appearance at he career fair of my school. It was late and I received an email stating that I will receive a phone call from a recruiter of UPS. During the call she asked me about my experience and to detail the project I have already conducted.

Interview Questions
    • HOw much do you want to be paid between 50000 and 70000   Answer Question