UPS Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 26, 2014
595 interviews

2.1

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

I applied as a package handler and was able to schedule an interview immediately upon filling out an online application. I thought this was cool but when I got there I realized there was nothing cool about this position.

I was sat down with a few other men applying for the position and a woman came out and told us about it. She said that she wasn't going to lie and that the work is extremely hard,

She then took us on a tour into the warehouse and the place felt like something out of a nightmare. It was unbearably loud with endless beeping noises. Employees were being screamed at to work harder. The tour leader said that people unloading must lift one heavy package every three seconds or a total of 1,200 packages per hour. I would have thought such an arduous task was humanly impossible but somehow they expect employees to do it.

They offered me the job without asking many questions, but I knew I wasn't up for the task and declined.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't many questions. They did most of the talking.   Answer Question

I wasn't going to subject myself to that kind of torture.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Quick get to know you at the main office followed by a tour of the facilities with Q&A at the end, with the tour guides asking if you still think you can do the job.

Human Resources Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Two sets of interview. Aplied online.
    Set up the first interview and then got through the second
    First had the director and the second was done with a supervisor. They were very professional

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cordova, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS in August 2014.

Well, it was a pretty straightforward interview. Met at the security check and then walked into the facility to meet our representative. Took about a half an hour or so to tour the facility. Then, we were asked if the position seemed like something that you could see yourself doing and if the hours worked with your schedule (there were two shifts available at the time). We were then given a background check paper to fill out if we were interested and interviewed one by one. Most questions the HR rep that I had said were things like, "Why do you want to work for UPS?" & "What makes you qualified for this position?" But, for myself, it was a cake walk. Was told they would give me a call back if they felt I was right for the position. This was on a Thursday. They followed up and called me in for a second interview the following week on Tuesday, so overall I had a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions
    No negoations. Take it or leave it. They offered me $11.35/hr.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Indianapolis, IN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at UPS in October 2013.

We were talked to in a group. If you fill out the application online and they do not give you an interview by the time you are done with the online application you will probably not get hired. If you did and it is in a big city for a main hub there will be other people in the class everyone gets a tour he ask if you think you can do the job and if you say yes you come back and then you are hired you fill out paper work as a class and then you get your start day and time.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Springfield, VA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

Applied online, was informed of open house interviews, selected a date, was told about the job, mentioned that I worked Christmas and no offer was made at the end of the season (even surprising my driver) and was asked to return three days later with ID and direct deposit information. I had that with me. The second interview entailed filling out forms and the interviewer said someone would get back to me. That was April, this is August. According to the website my application is active. Unbaptized babies no longer go to limbo but people willing to start work at four in the morning remain in limbo indefinitely.

General Ledger Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coppell, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coppell, TX (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at UPS in May 2013.

As a referral applicant, I sent email to a specific contact. It was only a matter of days when I received a reply email asking me to show up for interview.

During the interview, I was asked standard interview questions: Tell me about yourself. Where do you see yourself in X years, etc. Interviewers are looking for people with former account reconciliation experience; along with strong Microsoft Excel/Access expertise.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose Accounting as a career?   View Answer
    Neg

Industrial Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at UPS.

I was contacted within a couple weeks. I met them at a job fair, so it's likely they had a lot of applicants to process. I was brought in for an in person interview where I was asked pretty typical questions. There was also a basic skills test with very easy math and problem solving as well as an aptitude test. Overall, not too bad. As long as you've done a few interviews before and have some decent experience or extra curricular activities you should be fine. Have examples of you problem solving, meeting goals, mediating confrontation, and leading. The aptitude looks for consistency most of all, you can choose what you will, but it has to be dead consistent.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a goal you met and how you achieved it.
      Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you overcame that challenge.
        Answer Question
    None whatsoever, at the intern level, they have a set package. Time off and personal days are at the discretion of your manager and supervisor which could be good or bad.

Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Oakland, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA (US)

I interviewed online - interviewed at UPS in April 2011.

Took four days but was very educational.they go over all the rules and regulations , they tour the work plant and make bages for entering into the building it is truly an exspierince.

UPS Sorter Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS.

Applied online, scheduled tour online also. During tour walked around facility and was given descriptions of different position within the facility. After tour taken into a room and asked if I felt I could do the job I said and and was hired just like that

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!