UPS

Relevance Date Difficulty

UPS Account Eecutive Interview

UPS Account Eecutive

Interviewed at UPS

Interview Details 3 interviews, as well as a test of how well you can sell.. First was a phone interview, then one was a test, and finally you meet the district manager

Interview Question – They make you sell them something on the spot which is awesome if you're a good salesmen. If you're not then you need not apply in the first place.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – N/A

Local Sort- Unload Interview

Local Sort- Unload

Interviewed at UPS

Interview Details I was hired on the spot because I knew a driver and he gave me a good word with the Local HR rep. There was no interview process. At the time, UPS was short handed because it was Christmas Time and they needed the help. I applied to a small center simply for the benfits and I wound up making a life of it.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in August 2012.

Interview Details Test (excel + access), HR interview (1st round - average interview about experiences), management interview(average + professional with situations). Why do I want to work for the company? What did I do? Why I am the best? What are my expectaions?

PT Package Handler Interview

PT Package Handler

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details took way too long 3 week process, an interview everyweek, some people come in dressed up some dont, they hire anyone dont try and act too over qualified they supervisors are and you have to do 1 week in class room training it feelt like schoo took way too long 3 week process, an interview everyweek, some people come in dressed up some dont, they hire anyone dont try and act too over qualified they supervisors are and you have to do 1 week in class room training it feelt like schoo

Interview Question – they just want to know if your going to quit like everyone else does   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in March 2012.

Interview Details You will first take a personality test to determine if you will move on to the actual interviews. You will then interview with 3 or 4 managers in a panel where they will ask you detailed questions about your work history and interactions with customers and how it would relate to sales at UPS. After that interview if you are recommended for hire, you will meet with HR and an offer will be made.

Interview Question – This was tough because I interviewed so long ago, but it would probably have to do with teamwork that lead to problem solving. No two interviews will be the same because of the panel style.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I would suggest not taking the very first offer, however, someone off the street will make more than an internal candidate.

Package Handler Interview

Package Handler

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details Applied Online. Received a call to come in for a tour of the facility. I arrived 10-15 minutes before the tour and one of the employees showed me and another guy around, and explained the position. It seemed as if they were trying to scare us with the amount of work/lifting required. I was told I would be called within the next two weeks for an interview.

The following week I was called in for an interview. I arrived 15 minutes before my interview time and there were four other men there for interviews. Some interviews took longer than others. When I went in, the interviewer told me she's looking at my address and a different location is closer to my house. I explained that I applied to the other position, but had not heard anything from them. She essentially told me they have a lot of applicants and I need to wait. She did not ask me any interview questions, she based her decision solely on my address. The other location is actually 5-7 minutes shorter of a commute, so I didn't understand the big deal. Furthermore, they had my address before I came in for both the tour and the interview, so they could have made that decision without me being present.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Drivers Helper Interview

Drivers Helper
Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at UPS in November 2013.

Interview Details it was pretty simple and easy apply online then schedule a interview.. went in and was told come in the next day there was 30+ people that day for a interview showed us a safty video sign paper work and was ask are u ready to make a commitment then people was called in one on one and I was ask to come back the next day when I found out I was hired

Interview Question – no difficult questions just ask why you want to work at U.P.S?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

UPS Package Handler Interview

UPS Package Handler
Westmont, IL (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at UPS in July 2014.

Interview Details Okay so I first applied online and immediately after they set up an appointment (right after you fill out the application it sets up and appointment) at there main cooperation in Addison. I drove there and they told me about the job and everything I should expect. Then I finished the rest of the application there. They make copies of your two forms of Id. After that they set up a tour. I went to the tour. They show ou everything from the trucks to inside the truck and how they should be ordered and how everything has a place. After the tour I got called later that day cause the supervisor really liked me. He was like "I want her" haha so that's about it and I have orientation on Tuesday :)

Interview Question – Are you going to school? & Where   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They actually told me if I didn't like something or it's to hard I can try other areas cause there's something for everyone

Customer Support Representative II Interview

Customer Support Representative II
Middleburg Heights, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in June 2014.

Interview Details I applied online at the Upsjobs.com site and about a week later, I was called in for an interview. The interview was 1 on 1 with the HR rep. She followed a written format for the interview. I was called back over two weeks later with a job offer.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was about my weaknesses as an employee. I also had to list some of my strengths as well. Another question I was asked was why did I want to work for UPS. I suggest preparing a good answer for this question by researching the company a bit.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was offered a full time job that I thought would be a better fit.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details There was a basic initial 15 minutes phone interview that consisted of typical interview questions such as "Why do you want to go into sales?" and "Explain to me a time when you dealt with an angry customer" If you are good with talking to people this should not be a problem.

Next there was an assessment that took and hour and a half or so. There was some reasoning based questions as well as some sales behavioral questions.

Lastly, was a webcam interview that lasts an hour. Most of the questions ask how you deal with customers in different settings and why do you want to work for UPS.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you dealt with an angry customer and the problem did not get resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Worked for UPS? Contribute to the Community!