UPS

Updated 26 Jan 2015
Updated 26 Jan 2015

2.0

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doraville, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Doraville, GA (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at UPS.

There was no interview. I applied online, then visited local office to check on application progress, and was scheduled for a tour. If the tour doesn't run you off you're hired on probation until management runs you off or you join the union for job security. There is also no drug test for this position so there are A LOT of weed smokers.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask if you have been honest in your criminal background questions.   Answer Question
    No negation. They tell you upfront the pay rate and job position is nonnegotiable.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at UPS.

The hiring process took a couple of weeks. I applied through their career portal.
    Total 2 rounds : telephonic
    First round was technical , basics from the technologies mentioned in the job requirement
    Second consisted of behavioural questions, like strength, weakness, most proudest moment, how would you handle if you did not like your team mates design?

Interview Questions
    • nothing really tough, all expected. Be thorough with basics   Answer Question

Driver Helper Interview

interview was easy. it took an hour. It was a group interview. 25 people. the first 40 minutes was a group interview and explanation of the job?

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Easy group informational orientation/interview Past experience that directly not indirectly or otherwise relates in whole,part, or any fraction of a way to the current position you are presently in the first of many other small but equally important and necessary and potentially disqualifying steps that may or may not lead to a permanent full time, benefitted position now or in the future with UPS or any affiliates, subsidiaries, holdings or shell corporations, in as few words or phrases as possible.

Interview Questions
    • Past experience that directly not indirectly or otherwise relates in whole,part, or any fraction of a way to the current position you are presently in the first of many other small but equally important and necessary and potentially disqualifying steps that may or may not lead to a permanent full time, benefitted position now or in the future with UPS or any affiliates, subsidiaries, holdings or shell corporations, in as few words or phrases as possible.   Answer Question
    none set salary

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Piece of cake and very simple very easy. Not much to worry about when asked simple questions such as what your previous work was like, why you chose UPS an so forth

Interview Questions
    • Willingness to stay with job for said number of months   Answer Question

Seasonal Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

Was easy , because I was the only one well dressed and clean shaved .
    If you are looking for a full time permanent job position it might take 4 to 5 years. After the seasonal job if you are interested in continue , must let they know , you will be hired as permanent part time and you only qualify for the full benefits after 1 year of employment.

Unloader-PT Interview

I applied online – interviewed at UPS.

Quick and efficient. Week long paid training seemed adequate enough for me. During the class the new-hire training people were very thorough as to how the sort operations run and what is expected. Safety seemed to be their #1 topic among all activities and duties that are performed while on property and on the clock. Learned more than enough to do the job right.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations to speak of. Just go with the flow and you'll be in like flint!

Software Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at UPS.

The interview was through a phone call. I have been contacted by a representative after a short appearance at he career fair of my school. It was late and I received an email stating that I will receive a phone call from a recruiter of UPS. During the call she asked me about my experience and to detail the project I have already conducted.

Interview Questions
    • HOw much do you want to be paid between 50000 and 70000   Answer Question

UPS Preload Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Columbia, SC (US)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

First an online app, then meet with a group at the hub and take a warehouse tour in which they review the rest of the app process and set UPS standards. Then you come back in (next day for me) and HR asks some easy questions. Then they refer you back to the online app to do some forms such as W4 and I9, then you set up a new interview with HR and then you'll be working very soon after.

Interview Questions
    Everything was already set in stone, no negotiations

Seasonal Driver Helper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in November 2014.

The hiring process starts out with 35-40 people crowded into a room. Very uncomfortable. The HR person tells you briefly about the position (you won't be driving but will be moving packages, duh) and then says the wage, which was $8.50/hr. That was when I lost interest. I had expected between $10-$11 with it being outside physical labor. I should have done more research so I didn't waste my time like I did. The last part I was there for was the HR woman discussing the dress code: no long hair on men, no beards or stubble (exception being mustaches which are worse in my opinion), no tattoos on the neck or face or arms below the elbow. I'm sure if you stick with it that it could be a decent job, but as someone only looking for seasonal work, it wasn't for me. I'll stick with higher paying seasonal Target work. I walked out 5 min in with about 2/3 of the group. We were all a bit incredulous on the wage level. How do you expect decent seasonal help for $8.50/hr? Especially around Orlando?

Interview Questions
    • I didn't get that far, but basically they'll hire anyone who fits the appearance guidelines and can handle the physical aspect. I wouldn't sweat the questions.   Answer Question