UPS

577 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university - interviewed at UPS in January 2013.

Interview Details A job opportunity was posted to the school's career services website for a position at the UPS store right across from the university. An email had to be sent to the owner indicating interest. After that I got a response to set up an interview date and time to meet and the owner asked a few questions purely based on items on my resume. No other questions were asked about an particular experience I had that demonstrated a desired quality etc. A new owner had just bought the store from a man who had been disliked by much of the community, so I was asked how I could envision expanding our market.

Interview Question – In what ways could you imagine building a new reputation for this store?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Inside Sales Representative

Interviewed at UPS

Interview Details It's a bit intimidating because you are taken in front of a panel of three. You will sit across the table from them while they take turns asking you scenario related questions. They will not respond but rather take notes and stay quiet. The questions are typical "Tell me how you dealt with this situation before.." So if you have relatable situations already in mind, you're good to go.

Interview Question – "Tell me a time where you were NOT able to overcome a hard situation."   Answer Question

Applications Development Associate Entry Level Interview

Applications Development Associate Entry Level
Wayne, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied through my school Career Services. Received a initial phone call interview, two weeks later received a call to set up an face to face interview the following week with HR, and three IT supervisors, managers. Then four days later after the first face to face interview, had final interview with the hiring manager (director) of the department.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions, prior work experiences, and skills listed on the Resume   Answer Question

Unloader Interview

Unloader
Brandywine, DE (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at UPS in October 2010.

Interview Details Only two interviews. They want to be sure I can work the hours and lift the boxes for 4 hours. They explained that the work was very difficult and I would be lifting material the entire shift.

Interview Question – They asked "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Another job offer

TSG Technician Interview

TSG Technician

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details This began as a temporary position and after 90 days some people were selected for full time work. Some tests were given after the training period to access skill levels and you either made it or you did not. If you did not, there was little chance of being selected for full time.

Interview Question – none, but there was a basic screening test for computer knowledge   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Temporary Assistant Interview

Temporary Assistant
Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at UPS in June 2013.

Interview Details it was simple, only asked when could i start and what my past experiences was. basic skills and personality was asked, nothing too in depth about my ability and needs.

Interview Question – if i was able to work over time   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at UPS.

Interview Details I applied via LinkedIn I received a call about a week later. I was asked to come in for an interview (security was very tight). I was required to right a sales assessment test. I scored 80 percent. I was then called back for another interview. this was supposed to be a panel interview but instead it was almost a repeat of the last interview. They didn't call me back and i should have got the job.

Interview Question – what do you know about ups   Answer Question

UPS Package Handler Interview

UPS Package Handler
Canton, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at UPS in January 2014.

Interview Details After putting in an application you may eventually be sent an email informing you of a group interview session (NOTE: This arrived in my spam folder!) You are asked to log back into UPS and finish your application. The interview takes place at the warehouse with other candidates. After a job description you'll be called individually to answer questions about whether we can fulfill the duties and why we want to work at UPS.

HR will soon contact you via phone (possibly email) asking if you still want the position and if so to return to update the application and give you and orientation date. After signing papers at the paid-orientation you're officially a UPS employee.

There is no drug test

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at UPS?   View Answer

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Part Time Package Handler
Detroit, MI (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at UPS in May 2014.

Interview Details Applied online. After 2 weeks, I was emailed to come to a information session. First interview was a group information session about what to expect if hired. Was about 20 people there and we were called 1 by 1 for a very short interview. The interview was 4 questions asking: was I able to lift 70 pounds, how much exercise do I get, am I willing to work for 10/hour, will I be able to make it to work on time everyday. Second interview was a tour of the facility with about 4 other people. I was asked the same questions to reassure I still wanted to work there after touring the facility. Was contacted about 3 weeks later to start.

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Part Time Package Handler

I applied online - interviewed at UPS in April 2014.

Interview Details We met at the guard shack and was escorted by the HR representatives to a conference room. The HR representatives explained the job in further detail about the job that we were applying for. After about a half hour or so, we eventually left the conference room for individual interviews.

Interview Question – Can you lift 75 lbs.   View Answer