UPS

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

2.0

Seasonal Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Scheduled a tour/interview after applying. Had individual interviews after the tour. Was asked to come back for a second interview. They only asked one question, "Why do you want to work at UPS?" It has been a month since the second interview. No call.

Interview Questions
    • None. Just went over application and asked why I want to work there. Easy stuff.   Answer Question

Package Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Angelo, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

A quick interview process. HR called and asked to schedule an interview for the next day. Interviewed with several other candidates. Our group walked around the facility and learned about where the packages were sorted and where the trucks were loaded. We also learned about the logistics of how the packages were loaded onto the trucks in preparation for delivery.

Interview Questions

The position was only seasonal.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL (US)

I applied online – interviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Very simple and concise, applied during the holiday season offered the job immediately. Was asked ABIUT my school schedule & how long would I see myself working for the company

Interview Questions

I'm a frail 20 year old college student the work out conflicted with my schedule & they couldn't promise that I wouldn't be required to lift 70lbs items

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulfport, MS (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at UPS in October 2014.

Found job opening on job site. Went to UPS site to complete application. At the end it said next appt/tour was later that morning. I booked it and went to the local job center where it was being held. About 15 people met in a conference room where the recruiter talked about the company and the jobs available. Then we met with her one on one for a brief interview. Just basic easy questions. She entered information into her computer as we spoke. Told her I had a felony and she acted as though it were no big deal. She said she would email once the background check came back in 5 to 7 days, although in my case it could be a little longer due to my background.

It has been three weeks and I have yet to hear from them. I hear having to wait two to three weeks is common, however.

Interview Questions
    • Can you lift 35lbs continuously and can you lift up to 70lbs?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Basic interview process. I applied for the position, received an initial phone call about my dreams and aspirations and then got issued a face to face interview right after. I got called about a week after my interview.

Specialist In Singapore Branch Interview

1st round - Excel test
    2nd round - With the hiring manager

Had a bad impression - Receptionist was speaking in an interrogation manner at some visitors who turned out to be interviewees. HR spoke in a vehement way how to go about to do the test. Environment seemed to border on impoliteness and spelt trouble, for me.

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO (US)

UPS promotes from within. I expressed interest in management as a driver and was promoted from this position to full time management. The interview was conducted by the District IE Manager who rode on car with me for a full day to get to know me and ask a lot of questions. I also had to take an aptitude type test to measure my compatibility with UPS management.

Interview Questions
    There was no salary negotiation.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at UPS.

Submit your resume online, then you will be asked to reserve an appointment online. Be there on time. First, HR will give a speech, then you will tour the whole faculty. Thus, the interview begins. Normal behavioral questions, nothing hard.

No negotiation

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

I applied on line and was immediately offered a time and date for the initial group meeting/individual interview. At the group meeting, the HR person was very easy to talk to and appeared to be very straight forward about what to expect when employed by UPS in this position. She answered all of our questions. During the informational portion, the HR person stated that with this position, they are looking for people with a construction or landscaping background (i.e. some type of physically demanding job experience). During the individual interviews, I was asked about my background experience and whether or not I had reliable transportation. At the conclusion of the interview, I was asked to provide my birth date and social security # for a background check to be conducted. The entire process took a little more than 2 weeks to compete. In total it will take me 3 weeks, from start to finish to get to work.

No negotiation for pay. You choose what shift works best for your schedule.

Part Time Package Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at UPS in September 2014.

Applied online weeks beforehand didnt get an appointment untill just recently. Showed up at facility, waited about an hour before interviews began, were about 7 other people there with me, interview was quick and simple, was done in about 5 minutes.

Interview Questions
    I was able to choose the shift that worked for me. No need to dress fancy, it is just loading and unloading, no need for resume, can submit application online beforehand.