URS Corporation

2.5

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at URS Corporation in October 2013.

The interview was reasonably casual and Friendly. They seemed genuinely interested to find out about me.
    There were three people interviewing including a senior engineer and hr. not too many classic pre prepared questions.

Environmental Scientist/Geologist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

The interview process was quite long and exhaustive. I met five different people in the department for which the job opening was. They asked me many of the same questions and explained a lot of what they did, but didn't say much of what the position's duties would entail. I thought it could have been much more succinct and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • What will you be able to contribute to this company short-term as well as long-term?   Answer Question

Vacation Trainee Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

I applied online for URS and the Hong Kong branch is interested in me. I received an e-mail about 1 week after application. An HR e-mailed me to gather some basic information like the major, graduation date, undergraduate degree. They then match me to a position in the group of air pollution.

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation.

Position was offered to me at a low end and negotiation were not optional. It took a total of 4 months from the first interview to the final interview.

none

Environmental Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation in January 2015.

I talked to a recruiter at a university career fair - I was later e-mailed for an interview the next day. The first interview was to see if I was qualified to work in any of the departments of URS. The second interview was over the phone and lasted around 25-30 minutes. It went well and I was invited to a full day interview about a month later. My interview is coming up this week, so I haven't quite finished the interviewing process! However, I've been told that I will have to give a 20 minute presentation, as well as meet with about 5-6 people throughout the day.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview included basic behavioral questions - where do you see yourself in 5-10 years? What kind of experience do you have in (engineering, environmental science, geology, etc.).   Answer Question

Unix Administrative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

I transferred from one project to another. I worked at another site project for URS and then went to work at the new location based on a referral. The questions basically revolved around what the job was like and some questions about my experience, but I came highly recommended

quite easy and I we met in the midle

Transportation/Traffic Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation.

I was called in to do an interview. The interview was very straightforward. No tricky questions and didn't take too long. About two weeks later I got a call back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to be part of out transportation team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation.

Good interview process. I had an initial phone interview lasting about half an hour. These were fairly straightforward questions. My in-person interview was a panel of 6 employees, which was very intimidating to start with. I started my interview with the woman that would have been my direct supervisor, which lasted for about 15 mins. Then the whole panel came in and asked questions for about 45 mins. Everyone was very personable and friendly. Given a quick tour of the office after the interview and was sent home! They called my references the next day and I was given a great offer.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly very generic HR/behavioral questions "tell me about a time you..." and "are you willing to do..."   Answer Question

Decided to pursue other options. Still a great company and I imagine I would have been more than happy to work for them.

Project Manager Interview

I expected considerably more professionalism and consideration of more than a decade of experience in lieu of a formal degree for what is essentially, a field position. The interview questions did not accurately represent the job at hand and the interviewer was not approachable to address anything other than what her script reflected. The epitome of a HR being disconnected from the realities of the actual work performed by the company.

Interview Questions
    • Asking how to deal with sexual advances.   View Answer

IT Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation.

I was presented by an HR recruiter. Standard phone interview with the hiring manager followed bya 4 hour onsite interview with 4 people (one was a group of 3). Lunch with 3 managers.

Typical questions about my expertise and experience. Some technical questions, nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build momentum and acceptance for a new technology?   Answer Question
    The offer met my expectation.