URS Corporation, an AECOM company

2.5

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company in October 2013.

The interview was reasonably casual and Friendly. They seemed genuinely interested to find out about me.
    There were three people interviewing including a senior engineer and hr. not too many classic pre prepared questions.

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Good interview process. I had an initial phone interview lasting about half an hour. These were fairly straightforward questions. My in-person interview was a panel of 6 employees, which was very intimidating to start with. I started my interview with the woman that would have been my direct supervisor, which lasted for about 15 mins. Then the whole panel came in and asked questions for about 45 mins. Everyone was very personable and friendly. Given a quick tour of the office after the interview and was sent home! They called my references the next day and I was given a great offer.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly very generic HR/behavioral questions "tell me about a time you..." and "are you willing to do..."   Answer Question

Decided to pursue other options. Still a great company and I imagine I would have been more than happy to work for them.

Project Manager Interview

I expected considerably more professionalism and consideration of more than a decade of experience in lieu of a formal degree for what is essentially, a field position. The interview questions did not accurately represent the job at hand and the interviewer was not approachable to address anything other than what her script reflected. The epitome of a HR being disconnected from the realities of the actual work performed by the company.

Interview Questions
    • Asking how to deal with sexual advances.   View Answer

IT Architect Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

I was presented by an HR recruiter. Standard phone interview with the hiring manager followed bya 4 hour onsite interview with 4 people (one was a group of 3). Lunch with 3 managers.

Typical questions about my expertise and experience. Some technical questions, nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • How do you build momentum and acceptance for a new technology?   Answer Question
    The offer met my expectation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

There was not an actual interview. Applied online for an overseas job and there was only email traffic regarding available dates and paperwork. There was an immediate need to fill the position and as long as I passed the necessary medical exams I was hired. It seemed sort of sketchy considering that nobody needed to talk to me about anything. They never really gave much information on the project either.

Accountant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Phone interview was quick and painless. Recruiter had prepared me for the areas to focus on for this particular role. the manager was far less experienced than I expected and was relatively new to the role at a few months - so they couldn't really answer the questions sufficiently.

Billing Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Two step process with current employees. I felt as if they already knew who they wanted but were going through the steps to make it seem fair. The interview went well, I felt very positive, received both the one on one interview and the panel interview, yet did not receive the job. Asked later for pointers on how to improve interview next or for feedback that would help me to avoid any danger areas that I may have stumbled into, never received follow-up.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

Phone interview with a Project Managers. Lasted about an hour. Asked questions about work experiences and classes. Talked about their job responsibilities and the company culture. Very laid back and was a get to know you interview. Not many technical or behavioral questions. The overall interview process was quick. They were flexible about speeding up the whole process and quick to make a decision. Employees are very knowledgeable and always willing to answer questions. Great office.

None

Cvcx Interview

I applied online – interviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

So the process was easy for me because I was recommended to the hiring manager. He was kind and asked me general questions about my knowledge and understanding of maintenance concepst

vxvxcvxcvxcdd

Logistics Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at URS Corporation, an AECOM company.

The initial interview was the only interview I needed to get hired. I simply went in well dressed with the attitude that I already had the job. I was asked a couple of minor questions about previous work experience. The one and only job related question I was asked was if I knew what an NSN was.

Interview Questions
    • The questions asked were just your normal run of the mill interview questions. Nothing too difficult at all.   Answer Question
    The pay and benefits package were so good who would need to negotiate it.