URS

130 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Environmental Scientist Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details Two interviews. Possible the best interviews I have ever been on.

Human Resources Interview

Carlsbad, NM (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details Clumsy not very professional.

Interview Question – How long do you expect to work for the company.   Answer Question

Human Resource Assistant Interview

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at URS in March 2012.

Interview Details Applied on-line, first contact with recruiter a phone call then within a week called for interview with recruiter and HR manager.

Interview Question – All questions were easy to answer   View Answer

Civil Engineer Interview

Baton Rouge, LA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details I loved the work culture and the interviews themselves. I was interviewed by two different groups - Geotech and Infrastructure. I decided to go with Infrastructure because the managers were so nice and the work seemed to be what I wanted to do.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at URS.

Interview Details My interview was simple because they need a person with my skills. The VP is a stand up person and just expects you to do your job. Very easy to work with.

Interview Question – How do you prioritize?   View Answer

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at URS in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied online by giving my CV and answered a question. After about 3 months I had a phone interview based on competency questions and my CV. I passed the phone interview and now I got an assessment centre on the way.

Interview Question – Tell us a goal you have set in your last job.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at URS in September 2013.

Interview Details Applied online. Next day received an email saying 'thanks for applying, but we are no longer considering you for this position'. Several weeks later received an email asking to call them if I was still interested. I called and the first impression was positive. A phone interview followed. Later a job offer came (without any additional interviews or ever meeting anyone in person). Hiring process seemed extremely atypical.

Interview Question – No hard or tricky questions. Asked me to explain past professional experience, and why I became an engineer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked my desired salary range. They came back with a lower offer. Tried to negotiate for more.

Junior Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at URS in November 2010.

Interview Details Received phone call from HR to conduct phone interview. Next interview was scheduled with eventual coworkers. Interview was conducted by employees, not HR. Questions were direct and easy to answer. They were more concerned that I had a foundation to build on rather than all of the skills necessary to perform the jobs. Was allowed to grow into my current position

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They beat my asking, which was a little disheartening because afterwards I felt I lowballed myself.

Piping Engineer I Interview

Princeton, NJ (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at URS in December 2013.

Interview Details Applied online and got a series of emails to fill out questionnaires on my background and work experience. 2 weeks following that a call scheduling a phone interview with the Head of the Mechanical Engineering Dept. and the head of the Piping Engineering Division. about a month after that got an email saying another candidate had been chosen. Interviews were all very easy, minimum questions asked. Interviews mostly consisted of explaining what the job would entail and asking if I was up to the tasks and hand, explaining how I would get started, what was expected of me, etc.

Interview Question – No Difficult Questions were asked.   Answer Question

Environmental Scientist Interview

Environmental Scientist

I applied online and interviewed at URS.

Interview Details I was turned down by the computer genereated reviewer. But then a week later I was contacted by a recruiter. I had a phone interview with the recruiter the following monday and by thursday of that same week I had and in-person interview. By friday (the next day) they were starting the background check. And they actually called all 3 of my references. In-person interview should have lasted an hour but I had many questions and last much longer. I thought this interview process went very quickly, not sure if this is standard for the company.

Negotiation Details – They offered to pay for relocation but if you are unsure about the job, do not take the relocation money. You will have to pay back if you do not stay at the company for longer than a year!

Interviews for Top Jobs at URS

Worked for URS? Contribute to the Community!

URS – Why Work for Us?

URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies worldwide. We offer a full range of program management; planning, design and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at URS interview questions and advice. All 130 interview reviews are posted anonymously by URS employees and interview candidates.