US Airways

Updated 17 Jan 2015
Updated 17 Jan 2015

2.9

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

Just had f2f interview in Dallas. Of course, everyone that was there (31 of us total) had studied glassdoor - i'm here to tell you they have finally changed up the interview process! Let me start by saying, our host was very funny and nice, and I absolutely loved all of the people that came. Every person in the room would have made a great flight attendant. When you first get there, you meet in the lobby and we all talked for about an hour. Then you go to the meeting room, where you sign in and meet the panel that you will be working with that day. There were five tables set up, and you sit at one (the rest of the people will be your 'group' throughout the day).. We then had an ice breaker, which is a group project - you have to write three things you and all of the people at your table have in common, and then one fact about yourself that no one would expect. You and your group then get up in front of the room and read someone else's fact about themselves, and the other groups in the room have to guess who really wrote that fact. It was really fun and interesting to learn about everyone else in the room, and also makes you feel relaxed with everyone else! Then you have a break. After the break, you go to an interview room with about 5-6 other people and two panel members. That was probably the most awkward part, only because you all have to answer the same three questions, and you don't really want to give the same answer as the person in front of you, but theres really only so many different ways to say the same thing. Anyway, then you all go back to the room and watch a powerpoint on US Airways/AA merge and details about the job. Then they start "saying their goodbyes" - They call everyone out one by one, in no particular order. I know the girl they called first, did get offered the job, and the girl they called after her did not.. So, there was no real order - they would either escort you down the hall and to the shuttle while thanking you for your time, or take you into another room - do an individual interview and take fingerprints.

I hope this helps! Best of luck to everyone!

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 10+ monthsinterviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Applied in early January, 2014 and about a month later was invited to a video interview. Five questions total; a few of which were: Why do you want to become a flight attendant? and Describe a time when you had to deal with an irate customer.

About six months after the video interview, I was invited to a F2F interview in Dallas, TX. It was a group of about 16 candidates, the process began with being broken down into three groups of 5-6 people and we did a group project to get to know each other better, followed by a group interview with three people, and after that we were called for a one on one and if you were chosen for training they brought you in to be fingerprinted.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to hire a flight attendant, what qualities would you look for and why?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in January 2015.

I applied online, about a week later i got an email to schedule a phone interview. I began doing additional research on the company. My phone interview was scheduled 2 weeks away, which i was not happy about ...so far away. Then 2 days after scheduling the phone interview the recruiter called and asked if its a good time to do the interview. He asked questions about my last 2 jobs and all questions focused on how i dealt with irate customer situations. He said i did well and tolf me to expect the senior recruiter to contact me, also to be patient. I knew they woulf be trying to fill a class so it may take a while. Currently waiting to be called.

Reservations Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at US Airways.

i applied a week ago and did the phone interview today waiting to hear back from them
    1.describe a time u had to deal with a difficult customer
    2.what are your last 2 positions you held
    3.what did you like about your last 2 positions and what didn't you like
    4.how was your metrics measured in the past and how did you feel about it
    this is all i remember but there are 9 questions in total

Interview Questions
    • 1.describe a time u had to deal with a difficult customer
      2.what are your last 2 positions you held
      3.what did you like about your last 2 positions and what didn't you like
      4.how was your metrics measured in the past and how did you feel about it
      this is all i remember but there are 9 questions in total

Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Applied in September. Was invited to do a video interview right away. These were mostly basic interview questions. There isn't someone actually interviewing you, you're basically just speaking into the camera. About a month later I was called for a face to face interview at their training center in Dallas, TX. I was flown out there about a month after that. When I arrived at the training center, a group of about twenty five people were taken into a room where we played a nice breaker and we're introduced to the people who would be interviewing us. The ice breaker was really used to show that we were capable of working together as a group. After that we were broken up into different groups of about five people and were taken back for a group interview. They asked us a total of five questions. Most of it was about our customer service experience and trying to find out what wee could bring to the table. After the group interview was over, we got back together to watch a presentation about the position and we're then taken back to fill out final paperwork. During this time we were then taken for one on one interviews. I was asked a few questions and was offered the position on the spot. I was really impressed with the facility, the interview process, and their professionalism.

Interview Questions
    • If you could get involved with a community service organization in your area, what would it be and why?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

The process started with an online application. A few weeks later I was notified to do an online interview. It was a video and only took about 7 mins. the questions were your average interview questions. A couple months later, I was asked to come to Dallas for face to face interview.....I'm sitting in Dallas now waiting for the interview.....

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways in December 2014.

Filled out a very long application which included a 10 year work history. 1 week later recieved an email for me to have a phone interview. I was asked about 5 questions in the STAR format. I am typically really nervous about these type of interviews. I dont like them at all. Honestly cant remember too much of what was asked or what I said but it was good enough to move forward with the FTF interview. Which isn't until the end of January.

Interview Questions
    • What is your current position and why do you want to leave?   View Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at US Airways.

On the internet i saw that us airways is in need of flight attendants, so i applied and 8 days later i was invited to do the online interview. The email told me that i had 5 days to complete the online interview. I ended up doing the interview on the last day available because i was just busy. I was a little nervous and didn't really know what to expect from the online interview. I prepared questions that i could be possibly asked and I'm glad i did because it came in handy. the first part of the online interview was you have to fill out some questions bases if you are eligible to work in the states and other questions like that. then the page loads and you have to set up your camera and your mic to make sure it works. After the set up it ask if you are ready to start the interview, and it lets you know that the question will be repeated twice and you have 30 sec to think about your answer then the recording will start automatically and you have up to 3 min for your answer. There was a total of 6 questions. the questions were the following. this is what i remember, its not word for word.
    What attracted you to flight attending position and what do you know about our corporation?
    What previous work in the customer service industry that can help you benefit to be hired as a flight attendant?
    name a time when you had outstanding customer service and what made it memorable?
    name one of the most difficult team experience and what you learned from it?
    being that us airways has multiple bases, if you were to be relocated to a new base, what excites you with moving to a new city immediately following training?
    Proffesional image is important, are you able to adhere to the policy if selected (i.e no piercing, visible tattoos, crazy hair)

So now i just have to wait and hear back from them.

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Airways.

F2F:
    Dark blazer, non-tight skirt/pants, blouse, black heels, hair up, light makeup. Suit for men.

Group: W/ 4 or 5 other people, write a unique quality about yourself. Make it reflect your work ability! Smile, don’t be bossy, work with your team to get answers for the other groups. Bossy/overbearing people will not make the cut!

Different group: What made you apply for this position? Make it about desire to service guests, flexibility and that you have a warm, enthusiastic personality.

Be confident in your answers!

Us Airways Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ (US)

Easy but had to wait for 2 week background check... You submit application and request for background check. Then you get drug tested and have to show that you can lift 70 pounds. After that I interviewed with a panel of 2 and was immedietly hired.

The salary and hours were pre-set by the company