US Navy

Updated 19 Jan 2015
Updated 19 Jan 2015

2.3

Operations Specialist Interview

Not a very difficult hiring process, went to the recruiter, did the test, picked a job and shipped off to bootcamp. The guys at my station were very helpful they gave me a lot of insight on what to expect from bootcamp and the fleet. I had a very good transition from civilian to military life.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to be cleared from my security clearance was very hard while I was in boot camp, they want to know everything about your family, your expenses, everything you have financed. It was hard to keep everything in tact while being questioned on the spot.   Answer Question

Hospital Corpsman Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Navy.

the recruiter came over, we talked about the reasons I wanted to join, he told me the benefits there were to joining and then we started the process for getitng into the Navy itself. I had to go to the MEPS building and get a physical so that I could get a full bill of health and to make sure I wasn't on any drugs.

E8 - Navy - Senior Chief Petty Officer Interview

Talk to your recruiter and they will hire just about anybody! Your in if your under the age of 42 I believe, If you want to serve your country then give the Navy a try great benefits and compensation

Logistic Manager Interview

My initial interview was my first in over 4 years. In explaining my skills to each interviewer was meet with some challenges. I was able describe to each panel member my experience from each position I held. Going through very detail questions with responses. But my overall interview was probably a B minus.

Naval Aviator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

First, get selected as an officer, via Naval Academy, NROTC, or post-college graduation officer candidate school (see a recruiter). You'll have to have done very well in school and be in great physical condition, and have an aptitude for aviation (per a written aptitude test). This will hopefully get you selected for U.S. Navy flight school. THEN, study hard, be mature and tolerant of stress, treat every day/flight like a final exam, then you'll graduate and earn your Naval Aviator flight wings

Interview Questions
    • Are you prepared to commit to 8 years of active service in the U.S. Navy, after the 2-3 years of flight school?   View Answer

US Naval Officer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Navy.

Pretty straight forward. There are aptitude exams for aviation. Good grades and 20/20 eyesight go a long way. The amount of openings during the year can wary wildly.

Interview Questions
    • Scenarios involving superiors or peers lying, cheating, stealing.   View Answer
    None. It's the Navy.

Navy Recruiter Interview

Screening process that covers, health, financial background, security clearance requirements, special medical needs of family, alcohol or drug abuse. Interviews by your command DAPA, Fitness Leader, Financial coordinator, Command Master Chief, Executive Officer and Commanding Officer. Applicants will have to complete an on line questionnaire that is designed to identify individuals that may encounter difficulty working with the public or sales. A third level of screening occurs face to face when the member arrives at the Navy Recruiting Orientation Unit.

Information Systems Technician Interview

I submitted an application online and I was contacted by a recruiter to see if I would be interested in being a sailor. He asked me questions related to IT specifically networking, SQL etc.

Direct Input Officer Nuclear Power Instructor (1210) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Navy.

Found out about opportunity to get paid E-6 or E-7 pay for up to 2.5 years while still a full time university student from Navy recruiter at college job fair. Met high GPA requirements, so applied. Went on familiarization trip to Naval Nuclear Power Training Command in South Carolina to see what Nuclear Power Instructors (Direct Input Officers) do. Got to talk to several current instructors to get their opinions and hear about their experiences. Went to Washington Navy Yard for 2-3 technical interviews and one brief personality interview with 4-star Admiral Director of Navy Nuclear Propulsion. Looking back after many years, everything went as promised.

Logistics Management Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

APPLIED THROUGH USAJOBS, submitted my resume and other supporting documentation, received and email that i have been referred to the hiring authority, they will contact me if an interview is required, after two weeks from that i was CALLED FOR INTERVIEW, and after the interview it took about 2 weeks I was offered the job.

NO NEGOTIATION