US Navy

Updated 8 Feb 2015
Updated 8 Feb 2015

2.3

Reactor Operator Interview

No interview required. Pre-employment testing is a joke. Be prepared to sign away six years of you life. Great deal of medical screening and superfluous admin required.

Nuclear Submarine Officer - Interviewing A As Midshipman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC (US)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at US Navy.

2 or 3 technical interviews with engineers. Mostly calculus and physics, but potentially chemistry or technical fields related to the academic concentration of the candidate. FInally, one behavioral interview with the 4-star admiral in charge of all naval nuclear reactors. He will ask questions about motivation, times you've failed (grades below a B), books you've read, etc. Technical interviews last 25-45 minutes each. Admiral interview lasts under 5 minutes and is the ultimate deciding factor in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Explaining the "C" grades I earned on college.   View Answer
    N/A

Military Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

its not a real hiring process if you meet standards then and you are good to go just make sure that you are in a good physical condition and that you can complete they physical demands.

Operations Specialist Interview

Not a very difficult hiring process, went to the recruiter, did the test, picked a job and shipped off to bootcamp. The guys at my station were very helpful they gave me a lot of insight on what to expect from bootcamp and the fleet. I had a very good transition from civilian to military life.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to be cleared from my security clearance was very hard while I was in boot camp, they want to know everything about your family, your expenses, everything you have financed. It was hard to keep everything in tact while being questioned on the spot.   Answer Question

Hospital Corpsman Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at US Navy.

the recruiter came over, we talked about the reasons I wanted to join, he told me the benefits there were to joining and then we started the process for getitng into the Navy itself. I had to go to the MEPS building and get a physical so that I could get a full bill of health and to make sure I wasn't on any drugs.

E8 - Navy - Senior Chief Petty Officer Interview

Talk to your recruiter and they will hire just about anybody! Your in if your under the age of 42 I believe, If you want to serve your country then give the Navy a try great benefits and compensation

Logistic Manager Interview

My initial interview was my first in over 4 years. In explaining my skills to each interviewer was meet with some challenges. I was able describe to each panel member my experience from each position I held. Going through very detail questions with responses. But my overall interview was probably a B minus.

Naval Aviator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at US Navy.

First, get selected as an officer, via Naval Academy, NROTC, or post-college graduation officer candidate school (see a recruiter). You'll have to have done very well in school and be in great physical condition, and have an aptitude for aviation (per a written aptitude test). This will hopefully get you selected for U.S. Navy flight school. THEN, study hard, be mature and tolerant of stress, treat every day/flight like a final exam, then you'll graduate and earn your Naval Aviator flight wings

Interview Questions
    • Are you prepared to commit to 8 years of active service in the U.S. Navy, after the 2-3 years of flight school?   View Answer

US Naval Officer Interview

Pretty straight forward. There are aptitude exams for aviation. Good grades and 20/20 eyesight go a long way. The amount of openings during the year can wary wildly.

Interview Questions
    • Scenarios involving superiors or peers lying, cheating, stealing.   View Answer
    None. It's the Navy.

Navy Recruiter Interview

Screening process that covers, health, financial background, security clearance requirements, special medical needs of family, alcohol or drug abuse. Interviews by your command DAPA, Fitness Leader, Financial coordinator, Command Master Chief, Executive Officer and Commanding Officer. Applicants will have to complete an on line questionnaire that is designed to identify individuals that may encounter difficulty working with the public or sales. A third level of screening occurs face to face when the member arrives at the Navy Recruiting Orientation Unit.