USAA

256 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Foundation Associate Interview

Tampa, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at USAA in March 2014.

Interview Details After applying online at usaa.com, I was directed to complete two follow-on assessments. After passing the assessments online, I was contacted by a recruiter via phone who asked more sales-related questions about my sales history. After that interview with the recruiter, another phone interview was set up with a hiring manager to conduct another interview.

Interview Question – They mostly just asked sales experience related questions, about experience with up-selling and cross-selling products.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay was not enough for me, I was offered 34,000 per year and that was the highest they could offer me.

Auto Adjuster III Interview

Chesapeake, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at USAA in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online. Received an email from my HR contact, giving me specific instructions to complete an online assessment (questions and typing test). You have only 48 to complete it. Then had a phone interview and then a interview with 2 managers on-site.

Interview Question – Most questions were describing stressful situations and how I handled them. Be ready to give examples. The unexpected question was: Explain a time you brought a group of people together & Explain a time you failed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The HR contact tells you the salary in the in-phone interview. The salary was exactly what glass door says. So I was not surprised.

Quality Assurance Specialist-Mortgage Interview

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at USAA in March 2014.

Interview Details Once I applied, I was selected for a Manager interview which consisted of 5 behavioral based questions. The interview itself lasted about 45 minutes, and at the end you are able to ask as many questions as you would like. I will note that they have another employee (typically a senior) in the room typing all of your answers.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you took initiative and demonstrated leadership.
What do you do better that others seem to struggle with?
Tell me about a time when you encountered a difficult situation; what did you do to overcome it?
What do you do in order to prioritize your work?
  Answer Question

Member Service Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details Applied for a few positions. I finally had an email to take an assessment. About a week later I had a phone interview, then was scheduled the next day for a manager interview. I thought it went well considering they sent me on a drug test. Called today to give the recruiter some information (more than a week after interview) and was told I was not being hired. Glad they never bothered to tell me. I guess talk a lot they apparently want you to ramble on or you are to quite in their opinion. Its called being professional not quite.

Interview Question – Tell us about a time you had to have people work together   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at USAA in April 2010.

Interview Details Pretty straight forward. Phone interview was very general, no surprises. F2F interview was a panel of Directors who asked a lot of questions around PPM systems and practices. No surprises there either.

Negotiation Details – They made an offer, I countered and they accepted. Pretty easy. Took about 3 days.

Inside Adjuster III Interview

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details First, I had an online assessment, then a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was asked to complete a drug test and background check. Then, I received an on-campus interview with 2 managers. One typed mainly and the other asked the questions. I received a call the next day offering me the position. I accepted it online and I start soon. It was a pretty straightforward, yet intimidating process!

Interview Question – They were all difficult because I handle these on a daily basis--- name a time when you helped an upset customer, name a time you helped achieve a common goal, etc   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation but seems like a pretty fair salary so I didn't try.

IT Intern Interview

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details I applied online after meeting USAA reps at a college career fair. A few days later I received an email informing me that they were interested in conducting a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of no technical questions, just logic based questions. After a week, I received another email inviting me to interview in person. It was a two day process. The first day was very casual. We just had dinner with some of the managers from the company. The second day consisted of a 1 hr interview and a tour of the enormous campus. The face to face interview was had very similar questions as the phone interview. A few logic questions, 1 question asking how you would handle an efficiency issue, 1 design question

Interview Question – Design an application that can be used on multiple types of devices. It must allow the user to record audio, take pictures, wrote text, etc; It must also store the data and be able to be accessed at a later date. You have to draw a picture and explain everything.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details I applied to USAA through the Careers section online. Applied on January 3rd but didn't get an email back until February 15th for the assessment, took about 40 minutes. The assessment basically measures common sense, typing skills, customer relation scenarios, personality test and so on. The next day I got a call asking if I would be interested in taking a phone interview. It was scheduled for the next day.

During the phone interview an HR Rep reviewed the job description along with when the training class would start. She went over my job experiences, what I learned from each job and why I left each job. She asked if the start date would be a problem and if I had plans to travel or have time off within the first 6 months. I did have a trip planned but I informed her I would not mind cancelling it if I got the job. She proceeded to ask me numerous What would you do if. . . and tell me about a time that . . . Once we finished with the 20 minute phone interview she asked me if I would be available to have a face-to-face interview with 2 hiring managers. She suggested that I mention my current GPA and mention my schooling in my next interview. I agreed I would be available the next day and was told I needed to go get a drug test as well as complete the background check information through a link that was emailed to me. I had 24 hours to get the drug test done if not I would be withdrawn from the process.

The face-to-face interview was with two managers. One was asking all the interview questions as the other just notated everything I was answering. At first they wanted to get to know me as a person. Asked of what my days consisted of, what hobbies I had, what I looked for in a company. She then went ahead and started asking me 4 main questions of what would you do if. . . and how would you handle . . . She stated some questions could be repeated from when the HR Rep had the interview with me but to try to provide different scenarios. Once we finished the 40 minute face-to-face interview she went over the training information, job description and more about the company as a whole.

That same day HireRight (the company that is contracted to do the background check) emailed me for paystubs of my current job, proof of start date and asked me to email them signed form to be able to release all the information found to USAA. That day I also got an email from my credit monitoring system that they had ran my credit. After that my status online remained as "interview in progress" for about 3 - 4 weeks.

I finally received an email from the HR Rep that did my phone interview stating she needed to speak to me and asked for a good time for her to call me. Once she got a hold me she informed me the training class which was in a week had to be rescheduled for another 2 weeks but that they wanted to offer me a position. She provided me with the offering salary as well as the bonus amounts and other benefits. She then sent me an email with the offer and a link which I had to accept or deny.

Interview Question – Tell me what your typical day consists of.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is a range pay for each position. Based on your experience and education they tell you what you will be getting paid.

IT Interview

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details I met a recruiter at a school career fair, and turned in a resume. A couple weeks later I received an email setting up an interview, which was on campus. The interviewer was friendly, and the precess went smoothly. I later found out I did not make the final round of interviews, but it was still a good learning experience.

Interview Question – Describe a time when something needed to be done, but nobody was doing anything.   Answer Question

Member Relationship Specialist I Interview

San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at USAA in June 2010.

Interview Details I had a total of 2 interviews. The first interview was over the phone and pretty simple. They asked one "tell me about a time" question. I then went in for a second interview which was with 2 managers. I was very nervous, but they made me feel comfortable. It was alot of the "what would you do in this situation" questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you messed up and what steps did you take to fix the problem. Also tell me one thing you would change about your work ethic. Things of that nature.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at USAA

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!

USAA Videos

USAA – Why Work for Us?

USAA's Mission The mission of the association is to facilitate the financial security of its members, associates, and their families through provision of a full range of highly competitive financial products and… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at USAA interview questions and advice. All 256 interview reviews are posted anonymously by USAA employees and interview candidates.