USAA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Sales and Service Representative-Auto Insurance Interview

Customer Sales and Service Representative-Auto Insurance
Tampa Palms, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at USAA in August 2014.

Interview Details I got a phone call from a recruiter at USAA, the phone interview went well and I was moved on to the next step which is meeting with a hiring manager. The interview was very cold and rigid, they asked me ridiculous amount of questions and as I was answering them you could tell they were not satisfied and in the end told me to go on their website and look at some videos of current employees ( LIKE I CARE). There were 2 managers and they were both extremely unfriendly and seemed totally bored with their job.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you were criticized by your co-worker or a supervisor, what was the situation and how did you resolve it? I said I was never criticized as a matter of fact I was promoted in my past jobs but they flat out said everyone makes mistakes so have a moment to think about a situation. I was put on the spot and had to make one up. I find that absolutely ridiculous.   Answer Question

Auto Claims Adjuster III Interview

Auto Claims Adjuster III

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details The interview process is pretty smooth and straight forward. I am transitioning from the military to the civilian world and I have to say that I am pretty impressed with USAA. I had a telephone interview and the interviewer was very pleasant and easy going. It lasted about 40mins. Immediately after the interview I was invited to do an on-site location. The face to face interview was pleasant also. It lasted about an hour and a half and included a tour of the entire complex. Just waiting on the results now!

Interview Question – No hard questions if you're a truthful person.   Answer Question

Auto Adjuster III Interview

Auto Adjuster III

Interviewed at USAA

Interview Details I was contacted approximately 3 weeks after applying for the position online for an interview. The experience was terrible!! The recruiter would schedule a day and time for a phone interview, but never called. I left several messages for her, but she never answered or returned my phone call. There were a total of three scheduled interviews, and she failed to contact me or answer the phone for all three. I checked my application status online, and learned that I was no longer being considered.

Work At Home Customer Service Interview

Work At Home Customer Service

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at USAA.

Interview Details I am in the interview process stage. First you fill out the application and wait for your status to be updated. Once the status update becomes "interview in progress". You will need to fill out a different application, and then take assessments. The first assessment is knowledge based, then personality based, then finally you take about 5-7 practice call center calls. (Not using real customers).

Interview Question – Completed First interview with HR. Questions: what is your availability? Can you offer a quiet/distraction free work area in your house? Are you available for training in Killeen? Tell me about your work experience?   View Answer

Specialized Investment Services Representative Interview

Specialized Investment Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in May 2014.

Interview Details Phone interview was pretty basic, then in person interview with mostly situational questions and a chance to go over questions you may have. Two managers interviewed me as well as the rest of the people in my training group.

Interview Question – Sell me something.   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Specialist Interview

Financial Foundations Specialist
Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at USAA in May 2014.

Interview Details The company is choosy about whom it hires. That is great. They only want the best of the best working there, and I am all for that considering that they serve the best customer base our country has to offer.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to leave your current job? This question was difficult because I did not really want to get into any issues I have with my current employer.   View Answer

Software Developer & Integrator III Interview

Software Developer & Integrator III
San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at USAA in April 2010.

Interview Details You'll have one initial interview with a recruiter (usually at a recruiting event/conference, college campus, phone, etc) and if that goes well, you'll be flown to San Antonio for a full interview. You'll spend the day being shown the campus, learning about USAA's history and culture, clubs and organizations within the company, and have a closed interview, usually with 2 employees. Because this is a college hire position, the interview is less technical and more personality-based, as they want to see how well of a culture fit you'll be. They'll generally assess technical competence in the context of your answers. Time will vary on how long it takes to hear back, but they'll contact you whether it's a yes or a no.

Interview Question – There's a logical, mathematical or brain-teaser type question, which may throw you off after an interview of being assessed based on your personality. You may feel like you have to answer this question exactly right, but don't worry so much about getting the correct answer -- they're more so looking for what kind of analytical, thought process you go through to get to the answer. And this is one of those things where you either have it or you don't.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – For this particular position, because it's entry level, you'd have less room for negotiation. For a position where you're coming in with experience, particularly skills that USAA has high demand for, negotiating is encouraged.

Software/Systems Engineer I Interview

Software/Systems Engineer I
San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at USAA in October 2010.

Interview Details The first interview was a simple, short interview at a conference--just a few minutes talking with a recruiter. Walking out of that, I felt the interviewer was not impressed with me and that they didn't like their employer. I was quite surprised to get a second interview! It was encouraging to be told that if you got the second interview, your odds of getting the job were very high. No technical questions were asked; it was purely a behavioral interview.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Financial Foundations Associate
San Antonio, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at USAA in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied in June of 2014 for the June, July, and August classes. It took about 2 weeks until I received an email which asked me to take an assessment (on a Tuesday) and I received a call the next day to schedule me for an interview on Thursday. I was contacted promptly by USAA HR at the scheduled time and the interview lasted about 25 minutes. The questions were pretty standard for any first round interview. In the beginning of the interview they pretty much tell you the starting pay and the hours required to work and then get into the questions. It was pretty smooth for me. At the end of the interview the HR manager told me that they wanted to pass me along to the next round interview on campus with Hiring Managers. They gave me some feedback to prepare myself for the interview. My interview was scheduled the following Thursday, a week later. I was then emailed by the HR Manager with the interview details along with instructions to complete a background check and a drug screening. I made sure to arrive early for my interview since you have to go through security and the campus is quite large. The interview is with 2 Hiring Mangers, one typing and the other mainly asking questions. Both of them made me feel very welcome and comfortable. Once again standard interview questions. At the end of the interview I was told I would hear from the HR Manager in 3 business days. It took 2 business days and I was called with a job offer and sent an email with the official offer. Pretty smooth process overall and I am excited to start my training soon.

Interview Question – You are asked a few questions in the SBO (Situation, Behavior, Outcome) format. Make sure you give details about the situation, how you felt and others felt during the situation, and then how it was resolved.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is an entry level position and it has a set starting salary. Very good pay for starting pay.

Financial Foundations Associate Interview

Financial Foundations Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at USAA in February 2014.

Interview Details Applied, a week later got an email for an assesment next week got hone interview then week after got in person interview. one person types what your saying one ask questions

Interview Question – describe a time you had to muti task, what did you do and what was outcome   Answer Question

Worked for USAA? Contribute to the Community!