Ubisoft Interview Questions

Updated 12 Oct 2014
Updated 12 Oct 2014

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft.

Only one interview was needed for the position. It consisted of multiple questions. First ones were rather general like saying a few things about me, how I would fit in the team, etc.
    I was then asked if I had any experience for the position I was applying for, what I thought an average day would be like and what tasks I would have to accomplish. Nothing hard.
    The key is to have confidence in what you say and back up your arguments with examples.
    Working as a team is key for this position, so please do NOT say you like working alone ! You probably won't be taken seriously from there on.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question for me was concerning the salary. Saying too much would be presumptuous and saying too few would make me lose an opportunity of getting as much of it possible. I said my performance would speak for itself and avoided the question. Turns out I got a bigger number than anticipated.   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

After applying, I have been invited to the screening interview. Everyone was nice, it was a typical screening interview about my background, the project and my career goals. Afterwards, I have been given a technical test. The test was appropriate for the applied position.

The HR has been very nice and have been replying immediately. The process took several weeks.

Senior Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft.

Took a long time: initial phone interview to filter out bogus candidates. Then a technical interview, then interview with immediate superior + HR drone. Process took about 4 weeks. It did not help that it was during summer, I understand that.

Interview Questions
    • Describe all processes involved during initial boot of a server   Answer Question
    I negociated my holydays more than my pay itself. I did get what I wanted but it took some talking; they were initialy not inclined to give me what I wanted until I walked out of the negociation; they then came back with an agreement on what I've asked.

Tools Audio Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Ubisoft.

initial short call from HR to know expected salary, why interested, etc. Then 2 programming tests, one on audio programming and one on general c++ programming. I think I took too long on the general test, I took like 3hrs when it was limited to 2hrs... in any case my performance on that test wasn't good enough to get an interview

Interview Questions
    • audio programming was quite basic, e.g., what is an audio sequencer, what is pro tools. Not really any programming questions in that one. For the general tests, assembly questions (which I ignored), some c#, and some general math/3d questions, like how many vertices are required to be rendered when a game is streaming with a given refresh rate and the player is moving at a speed of X m/s yadayada (pretty sure I bombed that one lol).   Answer Question

Gameplay Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft in July 2014.

They got my profile from some recruiting website and the interview was straight forward with a technical round which lasted 1 hour and 30 min and then a test and a technical round after that.

Interview Questions
    • About memory management-> everything related to this topic   View Answer
    Salary is bit of a downside in Ubisoft India studio but you are building games ;)

Junior Game Tester Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ubisoft.

A contact from the company passed my resume along to Lead and HR
    During the interview, there was a test + interview
    After the interview, it was about 1 month before I got more information from them regarding the hire
    General perception of the company was laid back but knew what they were looking for

Interview Questions
    • Describe the most difficult bug you had ever encountered and how you tackled it   Answer Question
    Make sure you are aware of how much the position would pay so as to avoid any nasty surprises or disappointments

Level Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Ubisoft.

Sent my resume and got a interview, followed by a test. After being shortlisted, went down for another interview.

Interview Questions
    • What game have you played recently, which mechanic do you like and how would you change it.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

They ask the kinda of questions that we see in any best-seller interview books. They also use the kinda of techniques described in these books such as you said one thing and they noted it and waited half an hour to ask another question related to this detail just try to mix you and totally disturb the interview logical progression.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like to do in your leisure time ? (Actually, I am not even sure that it is a legal question)   Answer Question

Senior Business Intelligence Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ubisoft in January 2014.

phone with HR and HM, then onsite

Lead Quality Control Interview

The hiring and interview process went smoothly and professionally. It involved two interviews with both interviews involving a current Leads/Managers in QC as well as a Producer. Questions were typical for the role. General feel was reassuring and fun. Had good conversations.

Interview Questions
    • None of them were difficult or unexpected for the role. If you have successful previous experience then there should be no issue with questions.   Answer Question