Ubisoft

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Bucharest (Romania)

I applied online - interviewed at Ubisoft in October 2012.

Interview Details I was contacted by phone, by the HR department after having applied online. An interview regarding HR and technical questions was setup. The questions was easy and common in any interview for this position. The next steps included 3 more interviews: one with the HR department, and 2 technical interviews.
I did not like the fact that the initial technical interview was with a person from the HR department, not with a technical person. I find that disrespectful for any candidate applying for a technical position.

Interview Question – There is nothing difficult about this interview.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got a better offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Ubisoft in November 2008.

Interview Details Was contacted by HR person by email, then by phone, then went through a programming test and interview with the team. The test was quite easy but contained some unrelated material. Also had to fill out a "personality profile". Was interviewed by team lead and several programmers, no tough questions but really disliked the unsubstantiated "looking down upon" from the old-timer team members that was evident during the interview.

Interview Question – Describe/explain MFC32 and Assembler function names. Unrelated to the nature of the position I interviewed for.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got an offer for a junior position , but refused since have 5+ years professional experience.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Ubisoft

Worked for Ubisoft? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Ubisoft Software Developer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Ubisoft employees and interview candidates.