Unilever Interview Questions

Updated 23 Apr 2015

3.1

Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Unilever (Sydney) in September 2014.

Interview

Skype interview:
    -general questions on why you want to work at unilever, what distinguishes the company from others. The remainder of the interview was based around situational questions such as giving a time when you had to convince someone of something etc. Overall the interview took around 30minutes and was fairly relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Give a time when you had to convince another team member of an idea you had and the process you went about convincing them?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Interview

lengthy online application and a few online tests.
    after that skype interview which asks a lot of questions to determine behavioural but also how you think.
    asked about leadership, why you want to work their, problem solving etc.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Online Application
    Online Tests
    Telephone Interview
    Assessment Centre

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to make a decision, when other members are hesitant.   Answer Question

IT Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Unilever (Sydney) in October 2012.

Interview

Initial Application, Phone Interview, Psychometric Test, Assessment Centre

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work for a company that promotes sustainability?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lahore (Pakistan)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Unilever (Lahore (Pakistan)) in April 2015.

Interview

Professional and in a very discreet manner.
    The panel was thorough with their questions regarding Supply chain planning and made sure that they got a complete feel of my technical know how and relevance to the said job. All in all i would say that the panel of interviewers were very detailed oriented and wanted me to explain the MPS. S& OP cycle in detail. Furthermore they asked about my career aspirations and plans.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions related to Supply Chain Planning   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Unilever (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

first was an Online Application form screening, and then a Telephone round with HR Manager, followed by a Skype interview with Hiring Manager and lastly a Final Face to Face interview with a Senior Executive.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why Unilever?
      2. Why have you applied online?
      3. Worst Failure?
      4. Under performing vendor, what did u do to turn it around?

1 Answer

Unilever LeadershipProgrammer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1. Online assessment - rather challenging due to time constraints
    2. Telephone interview - they asked very basic, standard interview questions
    3. Assessment center - extremely challenging, and be prepared to speak your mind, and organize your thoughts

Did not get it, and got a call about 2 months later telling me areas for improvement

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to join unilever   2 Answers

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Typical on campus interview. We went over my resume and was asked about leadership... "tell me about a time", etc. A lot of behavioral questions. Very few questions about the company and the actual position. One question was technical, asking about what I did to understand marketing and how I would contribute, but other than that it was all about leadership and examples of taking initiative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a difficult decision in a short period of time.   Answer Question

Interview

1. Online Application
    2. Reasoning Tests
    3. Telephone Interview - length around 60 minutes, easygoing and relaxed interview. All competency questions based on their values of leadership (can be found on their webpage). Motivation questions about why Unilever, why the FMCG, why the programme. Additional question about the current economical issues that Unilever is facing.

Interview Questions

• Typical competency based question based on their values of leadership   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

1. Online application and IQ test
    2. Phone interview = competency/technical questions on different areas. e.g leadership, knowledge on the role
    3. Assessment center = 1 day event, consist of case study and group exercise