Unilever Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.1

Finance Interview

lengthy online application and a few online tests.
    after that skype interview which asks a lot of questions to determine behavioural but also how you think.
    asked about leadership, why you want to work their, problem solving etc.

Intern Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Unilever.

Online Application
    Online Tests
    Telephone Interview
    Assessment Centre

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you had to make a decision, when other members are hesitant.   Answer Question

IT Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Unilever in October 2012.

Initial Application, Phone Interview, Psychometric Test, Assessment Centre

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to work for a company that promotes sustainability?   Answer Question

Global Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in August 2014.

There were 3 steps to the process - one phone interview with the HR, one interview with the hiring manager, and one interview with the director. In addition to that, you may be asked to do up a proposal for them if you lack in a certain skill.

The HR will email you first to arrange a phone interview. Please be in a quiet location for that.

Please do not be late for any physical interviews. It is a good idea to be prepared with any presentations that showcase your relevant skills, whether in a portfolio or displayed digitally. Having contacts inside Unilever helps a lot as well as they can give you more advice.

Everything is done professionally in a relaxed environment, with the HR being very prompt in follow-ups.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time where you anticipated a customer's needs and carried it out.   View Answer
    • Where do you see yourself at the end of your career?   View Answer

Graduate Role Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Unilever.

Telephone Interview after applying online, online tests were easy enough if practised, long application online as there were four questions to answer and they also wanted the entire CV written out in their own way. Interview was extremely structured, the interviewer seemed to want STAR answers and really specific things rather than a conversation. The leadership requirements they talk about have one question each which they tell you which one they are aiming at before the question.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lagos (Nigeria)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos (Nigeria)

I applied online. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Unilever in January 2010.

1st step: Online test
    2nd step: one on one interview
    third step: Assessment center of about 7 people

for the online test practice GMAT, and other online aptitude tests. One one one interview looks to check your fit for the role, spoken English, confidence normally done by a consulting company.
    Assessment center has about 7 or 8 people, it has about 2 group work exercises, 1 case study and then a one on one interview normally grueling, takes a whole day normally 8am to 8pm this is to check energy levels of participants so you must not look tired at any point in time.

Interview Questions
    Entry level salary was fixed

Demand Planner Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

I was recommended for the job by an employee, the job was not publicly advertised.
    I had to pass two interviews, all the Supply Chain managers participated in the process even if they were not the direct manager of that position.
    It was simple discussions type interview based on my work experience and how I would respond in different work situations. At the end, they gave me some graphs and numbers to analyze – real life examples.

Interview Questions
    • They presented a real work case, where you had to apply your math skills in order to solve it.   Answer Question
    They offered far less then I was asking for, and there was no room for negotiation. They were not transparent about the real benefits and conditions they offered,

Maintenance/Engineer/Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raeford, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raeford, NC (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in November 2012.

One entire day of multiple panel interviews.
    I should have been informed of their dress code. I was over dressed and needed to wear extra protective equipment.
    Two of us (candidates) were processed together on the same day. We attended an opening meeting, lunch and closing meeting together. The panel interviews were held separately.
    I never heard anything back from anyone!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary, standard and behavioral questions.   View Answer

Merchandising Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in August 2014.

Although the vast majority of questions at a Unilever interview are general competency questions that could apply to any or all of the graduate programme streams, there may also be some more role-specific questions such as:

Which brand's marketing strategy do particularly you like and why?
    What do you know about this business area (eg financial management)?
    What would you do if a major Unilever customer was out of a product?
    As no specific degree is required for programmes other than research and development, you’re unlikely to be expected to have in-depth technical knowledge; instead, questions of this kind are more focused on finding out how you think through problems.

Interview Questions
    • Approach to take: This is a very important question, as Unilever’s graduate development programme is designed to train future leaders. The interviewer will be trying to determine firstly what you think makes a good manager, and secondly whether you fit the bill. If you have any prior management experience, this is a good time to highlight your achievements, but even if you don’t it’s an ideal opportunity to explain what you consider your best qualities in a more general way. How does your excellent attention to detail impact your ability to manage people? Do you have strong diplomacy skills that have helped you deal with a leadership position in the past? Think about occasions where you have taken the lead, whether on an academic project, in a university society, or even among your friends or family. Remember to include details like how you went about delegating tasks, and how you dealt with any conflict between your teammates.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Unilever.

The procedure started with an online application where it was necessary to submit the CV. As I was selected, I participated from the second phase, in this phase I had to fill in a questionnaire and wait for instructions for an online test. I received the link for the online test one week after. Within this test you were presented with study cases from four areas 1)Brand Building 2)Finances 3)Supply chain 4)HR. Within each area three scenarios were given and I had to answer a questionnaire (open and multiple choice questions) after every scenario.
    After the online test where 500 people participated, only 50 were asked to participate of a workshop, I was in that group. The workshop consisted in two groups of 25 people divided by time –one group in the morning and one group in the afternoon. Previous to the workshop each participant received a study case randomly –I got a supply chain study case- It is important to notice that the study cases were not difficult at all, however you had to have basic notions of any of the areas. Once in the workshop, the people who got the same study case were meant to be a group and discuss the case, get a conclusion and present it. During the discussions HR people were waling the room analyzing how the individual’s behavior within teamwork. I realized what the exercise was really about – proactive and social behavior in conflictive situations. I am a people’s person and decided to stabilize the conflict, divide the tasks and get the team ready to present the case. We did it in time and with good quality.
    After the workshop only 10 people was going to be called for an interview, I was one them. During the interview they asked me about my university courses, my internship experiences, my grades and my future plans.
    After the Interview 3 people would be selected to travel to the HQ to have an Interview with the cluster’s board and even with the CEO. I was not one of them.

Interview Questions
    • Please let us know what was the most challenging communication issue (with a colleague) during your previous work experiences, and How did you solve it?   View Answer
    After, they called me and offer me a job in HR, with a very competitive salary for my condition (I was going for a traineeship before) so I accepted.

Worked for Unilever? Contribute to the Community!