Unilever

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

3.1

Summer Interview

1. Online application, with around 7 short essay questions. Tip: Give context but be concise
    2. Math and logic test
    3. Phone interview (20 minutes)
    4. Half day assessment centre - 1 individual case presentation, 1 competency interview, 1 group case discussion. Tip for case studies: Stay calm, think logically and substantiate your answers with facts.

Future Leader's Programmer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Lengthy online application followed by numerical and verbal reasoning tests.
    Phone interview lasted an hour- very thorough. usual competency based questions with questions about why unilever and the programme/ business area etc. woman did not give anything away on the phone. they have a lot to cover so be prepared to be as concise as possible

Interview Questions
    • standard competency questions. know about unilever and why you want to work for them   View Answer

Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

After the online application, there was a telephone interview, then an assessment center followed by a final one-to-one interview. The assessment center is basically a group of interviews (about 8-10 people) sitting together discussing a business case. The case I encountered was a new product launch.

Interview Questions
    • The assessment center may be the most difficult step for Unilever interviews.   Answer Question

Research and Development Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever in October 2014.

An online application form incl. some competency based questions and numerical and verbal reasoning tests followed by a telephone interview which lasted for ~1hr. Online application was fairly standard as were the online tests and telephone interview. The lady who interview me was very friendly and make the experience a good one.

Interview Questions
    • Started with covering CV, followed by approx 1/2hr of competency questions based on their 5 key requirements/values. Finished with fairly standard questions regarding why this job/department/company, but also covered why you think you would make a good leader.   Answer Question

Unilever Future Leaders Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in October 2014.

I met Unilever representatives on campus at my university career fair. I also attended a leadership event on campus with one of the Vice Presidents of customer development at the company which I found very helpful and interesting to get to learn about the company. I applied to the position through their website and my campus recruiting job website. I was given a 1st round interview and I was told only 2 people were being selected to go to the final super day interview. The interview was an average behavioral based interview that lasted about 30 minutes. I heard back the same week via e-mail that I would not be invited to the super day interview.

Trade Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casablanca (Morocco)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casablanca (Morocco)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever in October 2014.

Applying online for a position, taking the online exam, then i was called for interview. as the job position is based in Morocco, the interview was in French; I am good in French; however, i am excellent in English as my academic program was in English. One of the reasons that I applied for Unilever was the language; however, the interview was in French, I was disappointed for that reason.

Interview Questions
    • I expected all the questions and one of the questions that I expected and was difficult for me to answer was: You have a logistics /Finance profile ! why are you applying for trade marketing analyst.   View Answer

Human Resources Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Unilever.

It was straightforward with hiring manager and peer.
    It was for a contract position and they have shared much about the job and it was transparent.
    They were friendly and provided a good image of the Company and I was happy to receive the job offer.

It was a contract position and I thought it was a good offer.

Supply Chain Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus (Nepal)

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

I talked to them at my campus career fair and then was asked to an interview on campus. I didn't think it went very well but I was called the next week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you when you have no supply chain experience?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Intern Interview

They basically took you into a room with two people and interviwed with basic behavioural questions. They also had a small case study, 2-3 weeks until they tell you the result.

Interview Questions
    • Whats the most interesting piece of news you have seen about unilever?   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

HR Screen, Phone interview with hiring manager and in person interview with four sr. managers across various business units. Very situational based questions.... tell me about a time. They also asked questions about the total company portfolio, which was challenging to prepare against a wide array of brands

Interview Questions
    I should have negotiated more on the base salary.