Unilever Interview Questions

Updated 18 Apr 2015

3.1

Marketing Interview

Interview

The interview was about 30 minutes long and was mainly behavioral. I was also asked to critique a few advertisements. The interviewer was very nice, but it seemed like they really wanted succinct and direct answers since the interview was so short. I did not receive an offer from them.

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever (Pleasanton, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Human resource will make the initial contact to set up an phone interview (phone screen interview) within a few days you will be notified if you have been selected for the next interview round. The 2nd and last interview will be one on one with the hiring manager. The interview is more of a conversation and the hiring manager wants to understand if you are a good fit for the job.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me about yourself
      -What do you believe an employer owes an employee
      -Tell me about a time you received criticism from a team member
      -Tell me about one of your weaknesses
      -Tell me about a time u had to use financial data to make a decision
      -why do you want to work for us

Answer Question

Marketing & Customer Development Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever (Berkeley, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I initially qualified for this interview because of being a finalist in their national UniGAME competition. I was contacted by 1 recruiter and interviewed by 2 brand managers from different brands. Since I'm in California, this was over Skype. They were very friendly, nice, and asked challenging (but good) questions!

Interview Questions

• What is a marketing campaign you admire and why?   1 Answer

Marketing and Sales Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Unilever (Berkeley, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through university career portal. Got invited to first and only round interview on campus a week later. It was a two-on-one, which was interesting. Both interviewers were super friendly. The interview was supposed to last 30 minutes, but mine went over time.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself.
      2. Describe a time when you had to make a quick judgement call.
      3. What do you think about ____ product? What about its competitive landscape?

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Unilever (Ithaca, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Future Leaders Program through campus recruiting. I went to a 4-round campus interview, where they asked mostly standard questions (walk me through your resume, tell me about a time you had to work in a group, etc.) followed by specific questions asking about the company (What's your favorite Unilever brand? What have you heard in the news about sustainability, etc.) and my interest in Consumer Packaged Goods. A lot of the questions were based on how I could work in groups and lead project-based teams, which made sense considering the focus on promoting interns to their rotational program.

I received an offer the next day.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview

One phone interview and then on site three. I only made it to the first round. the seconf round i encountered a very difficult interviewer who was aggressive in his questioning. I was asked many technical questions but had a problem with HR. I was very nervous and green which i think contributed to me not making it.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

the recruitment process is within one month since they kick off the online test or phone interview. there are around 3-4 rounds assessment. The first one would be online application with long open questions-no online test for summer intern but have for management trainee, online test is not easy, limited time for numerical- phone interview, base on your cv and your motivation-assessment centre including group discuss and panel interview for shortlisted candidates.

Interview Questions

• may have some complicated calculation during group discuss   Answer Question

Finance Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Online application inclusive of answering 5 behavioural questions before being called up for phone interview followed by a final assessment a week later that requires you to come down to the company.

Interview Questions

• What are some Unilever specs you have researched on.   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Unilever.

Interview

There're four steps in total, can be different depend on which country.

1. Online Essay and Online Test (IQ) - You can do both at your home. You'll have to send an Essay with your format, and they'll contact you later for a Online IQ test.
    2. HR Interview - at the Company's headquarter
    3. Field work exercise
    4. Final Presentation

Interview Questions

• none, most are typical (tell me a bit about your self, your idol, your plan in the future, challenge you have met...)   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Unilever.

Interview

Standard good interview with the hiring manager, experiences, skills, etc. The problem was when HR called me a week after and told me to call them back, they did not pick up the phone. So I was waiting for hours with false hope only for them to tell me I didn't get it. Then they called a week later to tell me again I didn't get it... an email would be just fine, please.