Unilever

232 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Brand Manager - Unilever Future Leaders Program (Graduate) Interview

Milan (Italy)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in April 2012.

Interview Details 1. Screening phone call with HR
2. Individual interview with hiring manager
3. Individual interview with brand Director or Vice President (optional)
4. Individual business case resolution
5. Group discussion and business case resolution
6. Individual presentation of business case solution to HR and hiring managers

Interview Question – Based on the data available in the booklet you've been given, tell us which UK factories should remain open and which ones should be closed down, based on current capacity, employment, productivity and demand information.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

AM-Procurement-Dubai-Jebel Ali FZ Interview

Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Unilever in January 2014.

Interview Details It has been over 2 months and still no clue. No one responds to follow-up calls. No clue where you are stuck in the hiring process. No e-mail return message also. HR said line manager would call and that I have forwarded your info on to him. Even if not selected, please at least inform candidates so they can move on with their lives.

Very Difficult Interview

Category Assistant Interview

Auckland (New Zealand)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details I came into Unilever through the graduate program. It was not as much an interview as a day of test, tasks and interviews. The day followed this structure:
1. Tests.
2. Group Discussion based on 15 minute pre-read.
3. Individual assessment based on a 20 minute to read a case and present findings.
4. Interview.
5. Psychometric testing.

Negotiation Details – Negotiate if you have grounds to (relevant experience). You probably don't have much to go on if you are a grad. Don't expect the best pay.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in September 2010.

Interview Details One round of interview by hiring manager and line manager of hiring manager. Overall interview experience was good as most of the questions are relevant

Interview Question – What is the most difficult customer experience you have been through and how you resolve it?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

Interviewed at Unilever

Interview Details I applied for the internship through my college's career services. Got the interview and prepared for a behavioral. Didn't get asked a single thing. Instead the interviewer wanted me to ask him about the company and position. It was really laid back and basically just a regular conversation.

Management Trainee - Finance Interview

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

Interview Details I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Unilever in Dec 2013.

Interview Details – 1.online assessment 2.telephone interview 3 AC panel

Online Assessment - numerical and verbal reasoning, standard tests you can find at most online assessment website.
Telephone Interview- very structure, they asked 5 characteristics that Unilever looks for in future employee, how you demonstrate these characteristics through real life experiences and social activities.
AC - consists of 6 people, 1 interview, 1 individual case study and 1 group discussion. Most people will fail the individual case study - very long and difficult. Interview was easy and most likely to get to know you more, it won't make a big impact on final decision. It's similar to Group discussion, which is easy and just to assess how you work in a group.

Interview Question – Individual case study   View Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Interview Details on campus, had an interview two days later after meeting

Interview Question – No difficult questions mostly behavioral   Answer Question

Future Leadership Scheme Interview

Birmingham, England (UK)

I applied online - interviewed at Unilever in November 2013.

Interview Details well, i had an interview over phone last year, the position is Marketing leadership scheme in China. The interview lasted half an hour, most questions were actually quite similar with the reviews here. Unfortunately, i was too nervous and didnt perform well!

Interview Question – In your opinion, why this would happen? and, what will you do to improve next?   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Unilever in February 2013.

Interview Details The application process online was rather easy. Then an HR-person contacted you by telephone to schedule a phone-interview. Then followed a phone-interview of about 35 minutes. The HR-person asked questions specific such as; Why Unilever? Why this function? Why you in this function? You really need you really need to be able to motivate your answers. Then followed questions focusing on leadership in different roles. You had to explain projects etc. Unfortunately I did make it to the assessment day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to make a tough decision in a project?   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in February 2014.

Interview Details Online Application Form - multiple short essay questions
Logical and Math test - difficulty is manageable, but bear in mind the relatively short amount of time as compared to some other tests administered by other companies
1 week later,
Phone interview - asked 3 questions, with related followups
3 weeks later
Assessment Centre/Offer

Interview Question – 1) Describe a time when you demonstrated creativity
2) What have you learned about Finance and the FMCG industry (in previous work experience, etc.)
3) Why Unilever, instead of other companies?
  Answer Question