Unilever Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

3.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rotterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rotterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in February 2014.

Had one interview with my current manager and one manager from the team that I am closely working with currently. The interview was about an hour long and it was very relaxing with more or less standard questions.

Interview Questions
    • More or less standard interview questions. Had to do an excel test, however, the test was more to see how I approach a situation where I don't know what to do and therefore how I deal with difficulties and unknowns.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Unilever Future Leaders Program Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

First to complete online application. This was followed by an hour telephone conversation. Questions were all competency based putting the candidate in different situations though out. The usual sort of questions, no curve balls. got the opportunity to ask questions at the end but the lady on the end of the phone wasn't able to answer it, and didn't know much to be honest because she was just in recruitment. I failed, but if i was to do this again, i would try and have got more key words in my speech to keep her hungry for more.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions, the usual competency based question stuff   Answer Question

Manufacturing Analyst Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

One on campus interview with two interviewers. Interview was behavioral and lasted about 30 minutes. I was contacted after the interview with an offer letter containing the internship location and salary.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with conflict on your team.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sustainable Sourcing Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in April 2014.

Initial communication - Recruiter messages on LinkedIn for the position. I mailed in my CV for an initial discussion and understanding of the role
    Initial call with recruiter - Roles and responsibilities, current compensation, expected compensation, reporting structure discussed. I was told that the profile has been put up for consideration, and next call with the Director is to be scheduled in two weeks.

There was no acknowledgement of the email after the initial call, nor was there any response for a follow up email two weeks later. After another follow up, I got an email saying they have other candidates, and my application is no longer under consideration.

My view is that they already had a candidate in mind, and they just sought out other resumes. Not a transparent selection process.

Interview Questions
    • It was only an initial call with the recruiter. They did not even schedule the next call as promised.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

2 rounds of interviews

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Unilever.

Interviewed through campus recruiting. People were nice and very positive

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time that you encounted conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Unilever in March 2014.

Online application (includes 7 competency questions)-->A 20-minute phone interview-->A half-day assessment center which contains one-to-one interview, group case study and individual case study. The case study was the hardest part. It included 3 sub-cases and lots of reading material and we were given 45 minutes to come up with solutions to the 3 cases. It was not department-specific. I applied for supply chain but received cases related to marketing as well.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been a role model for others? Explain.   View Answer

Global Brand Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Unilever.

Usually for low levels there is a full assessment process involving multiple candidates (4 or +) and assessors (4). For more experienced people it is the usual multiple interviews with directs and indirects (HR) future co-workers.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions per se, apart from competencies for immediate job success, the interviews/assessments objective is mostly for checking if the candidate will fit well form a behavioral and cultural perpective.   Answer Question
    Standard conditions as entry level marketer.

Customer Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hanoi (Vietnam)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanoi (Vietnam)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Unilever in December 2013.

4 rounds. 1st - application, numerical test.
    2nd - interview on skype
    3rd - assessment day
    4th - final interview

Interview Questions
    • what do you know about Unilever
      what do you know about Customer Development. What will you have to do
      weakness?
      a situation question.
        Answer Question

Supply Chain Planner Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Unilever.

applied through the career fair at my school, was contacted about a month later for an interview. pretty standard interview, nothing surprising.

Interview Questions
    • what will the biggest challenge for you be when you come into the working world   Answer Question