University of Alberta

21 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at University of Alberta in February 2010.

Interview Details My current Research field, future goal, about current institution, cgpa. My supervisor wanted to hire me. so no problem occurred for me. My current Research field, future goal, about current institution, cgpa. My supervisor wanted to hire me. so no problem occurred for me.

Project Lead Interview

Project Lead

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details Had two phone interviews with business office and direct manager. Additional in-person interview with senior management/director. Interviews were relatively formal in nature and lasted approx. 30 minutes each. The job offer was made and was given few days to accept the position. Overall from interviews to starting position took ~20 days.

Interview Question – Please describe your process for starting clinical trials from beginning to end phases.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much leeway for negotiations

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Alberta in June 2013.

Interview Details I applied for the position, and was contacted a few days later for an interview the following week. The interview consisted of a panel, and then half an hour to complete a mock email to a prospective student. After the interview, I was phoned the next day and offered the position.

Interview Question – Questions were all easy and straightforward behavioral interview questions. The mock email was based on a fairly straightforward question about admission to the Faculty of Arts. The information was easily found in the provided University calendar, although the interviewer said that the tone of the email would be most important.   Answer Question

Lab Proctor Interview

Lab Proctor
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at University of Alberta in August 2012.

Interview Details The questions include:
Briefly introduce yourself? What makes you fit this position? How much do you know this position? Will you be able to work in the evenings and weekends? Will you like teamwork? Do you have any related working experience? Do you have any concern about this job? Which personality do you like and why?

Interview Question – What makes you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Researcher Interview

Researcher

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details I do not have any information about hiring.

Interview Question – I did not notice a difficult question.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details Initially communicated with a professor whose work I was very interested in.
He ended up finding me a position using some of the budget money to work as a researcher and programmer for one of his research groups.
The interview was one on-site interview where I was asked a few technical questions in a room with the professor and two senior developers for a similar research group.
I was offered the job right after.

Interview Question – Questions were not particularly difficult, the interviewers were focused on the problem solving process predominantly.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Graduate Research Assistant
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at University of Alberta in October 2009.

Interview Details Be honest about expectations and abilities

Bio Statistician Interview

Bio Statistician

Interviewed at University of Alberta

Interview Details They will give you an interview very soon. Most quesions are about the behaviour quesions. For the technique quesions, they just focus on the projects they did.

Interview Question – What's the salary do you expected?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at University of Alberta in May 2009.

Interview Details Refereed by a professor I know, and submitted my resume. Then get a face to face interview with the person that is hiring. Mostly just ask about my previous experience, student projects, research interests, etc. Also had a chat with some of the lab members to get a feeling of how the lab environment is.

Interview Question – What is your research interests?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Interview

Graduate Student

I applied through another source and interviewed at University of Alberta.

Interview Details The only interview experience I have is with the current graduate supervisor. Really the interview was just a feel for the supervisor to see if I would be a good fit with his team.

Interview Question – Really wasn't one.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Alberta? Contribute to the Community!