University of California Berkeley

www.berkeley.edu

University of California Berkeley Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA US

Updated Jun 09, 2014

Average Difficulty
65 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview Details Applied to an online job posting. Got a call for a phone interview approx. 2 weeks later. Phone interview was with two people who worked in department. It was a 30 minute interview and they asked me several questions about my past experience and how I would handle situations that came up. If you are well prepared it should be smooth.

Interview Question – What is the greatest challenge facing the UC Berkeley community?   Answer Question

Student Library Employee Interview

Student Library Employee
Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in January 2012.

Interview Details There is a single interview with the supervising staff of the library. This employee is straightforward and has to do with past experiences in customer service. Some work study is often required to be eligible for the position.

Interview Question – Have you ever had experience saying 'No' in a professional setting?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase for this position, either one accepts or one does not.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in January 2013.

Interview Details They just asked me about hours, how familiar I was with the research (like classes I took that related). They asked about my workload and how much I was involved in campus because that could have conflicting time interests. It went alright. They also explained what I would be doing.

Interview Question – I didn't really feel like there was a ton, it was mostly the hours portion as I had class during that time.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Student Assistant Interview

Student Assistant
UC Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2013.

Interview Details Very straight forward. Simply just asked me about questions regarding my past experience.

Academic Center Assistant Interview

Academic Center Assistant
Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in April 2013.

Interview Details Took a couple of weeks. Applied online, followed by an in person interview.

Interview Question – How does student diversity affect how you would do this job?   Answer Question

Caller Interview

Caller
Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview Details I sent in a resume and cover letter online. The manager immediately replied and said he would be interested in scheduling a phone interview. The interview was brief, easy and fun. I believe the manager wanted to make sure I was sociable on the phone. Afterward, a similar 1:1 live interview. I later heard back that I could come to a training on "getting in the door" and other sales techniques (paid to attend training). Once the training ended, I was brought on as a caller.

Interview Question – How would you handle a situation where someone wanted to give to Cal, but simply "did not have the money"?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Administrative Assistant III
UC Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in April 2010.

Interview Details Interviewing there usually involved a panel of people, although in the beginning of my employment there (1980) I only had to speak to one person.

Interview Question – Nothing more or less difficult than the usual interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted whatever was offered initially; later on my performance dictated my salary increases, and at the end my being at the top of my salary range limited my increases.

Outreach Representative Interview

Outreach Representative
Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Interview Details Easy application process of handing in your resume online. Recruiter will call you randomly (mine was in the evening) and ask you a series of questions related to UC Berkeley, customer relations experience, and scenario questions. If you are selected to go on to the next round, you will have a group interview with about 5 other people.

Interview Question – Would you feel comfortable asking a very low income family for a donation to UC Berkeley?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Graduate Student Researcher
UC Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in March 2012.

Interview Details Apply to the school, to the department in which you want to study. Make your application as competitive as possible. In our department, you specify a few PI's who you'd want to work with, and they get a copy of your application (if you make some initial cut). Then, they will decide if they want to have you come in for an 'informal' interview. This was my experience.

Interview Question – What would you do to help us with this problem we're trying to solve?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – "we hope you can join us"

Front-End Engineer Intern Interview

Front-End Engineer Intern
Berkeley, CA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in December 2013.

Interview Details The process consisted of a traditional in-person interview at the CET's headquarters (located at the 11th floor of the Chase Bank building outside the Berkeley BART station). Since I interviewed for the Front End, I was mainly asked design questions about how I'd improve certain features of their layouts, followed by a slightly unexpected more technical question about text formatting. Before making their decision, they followed up by making me code up a static page about showcasing a company, which also wasn't that bad. Overall the process took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Question – How would you implement a "see more" functionality in Javascript if all you're given is a long string from the backend?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at University of California Berkeley

Worked for University of California Berkeley? Contribute to the Community!