University of California Berkeley Interview Questions & Reviews in San Francisco, CA US

Updated Jun 9, 2014
Updated Jun 9, 2014
65 interviews

2.5

65 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Applied to an online job posting. Got a call for a phone interview approx. 2 weeks later. Phone interview was with two people who worked in department. It was a 30 minute interview and they asked me several questions about my past experience and how I would handle situations that came up. If you are well prepared it should be smooth.

Interview Questions
    • What is the greatest challenge facing the UC Berkeley community?   Answer Question

Student Library Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in January 2012.

There is a single interview with the supervising staff of the library. This employee is straightforward and has to do with past experiences in customer service. Some work study is often required to be eligible for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had experience saying 'No' in a professional setting?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation phase for this position, either one accepts or one does not.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in January 2013.

They just asked me about hours, how familiar I was with the research (like classes I took that related). They asked about my workload and how much I was involved in campus because that could have conflicting time interests. It went alright. They also explained what I would be doing.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really feel like there was a ton, it was mostly the hours portion as I had class during that time.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in September 2013.

Very straight forward. Simply just asked me about questions regarding my past experience.

Academic Center Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in April 2013.

Took a couple of weeks. Applied online, followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • How does student diversity affect how you would do this job?   Answer Question

Caller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

I sent in a resume and cover letter online. The manager immediately replied and said he would be interested in scheduling a phone interview. The interview was brief, easy and fun. I believe the manager wanted to make sure I was sociable on the phone. Afterward, a similar 1:1 live interview. I later heard back that I could come to a training on "getting in the door" and other sales techniques (paid to attend training). Once the training ended, I was brought on as a caller.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation where someone wanted to give to Cal, but simply "did not have the money"?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in April 2010.

Interviewing there usually involved a panel of people, although in the beginning of my employment there (1980) I only had to speak to one person.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing more or less difficult than the usual interview questions.   Answer Question
    I accepted whatever was offered initially; later on my performance dictated my salary increases, and at the end my being at the top of my salary range limited my increases.

Outreach Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at University of California Berkeley.

Easy application process of handing in your resume online. Recruiter will call you randomly (mine was in the evening) and ask you a series of questions related to UC Berkeley, customer relations experience, and scenario questions. If you are selected to go on to the next round, you will have a group interview with about 5 other people.

Interview Questions
    • Would you feel comfortable asking a very low income family for a donation to UC Berkeley?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in March 2012.

Apply to the school, to the department in which you want to study. Make your application as competitive as possible. In our department, you specify a few PI's who you'd want to work with, and they get a copy of your application (if you make some initial cut). Then, they will decide if they want to have you come in for an 'informal' interview. This was my experience.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to help us with this problem we're trying to solve?   Answer Question
    "we hope you can join us"

Front-End Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of California Berkeley in December 2013.

The process consisted of a traditional in-person interview at the CET's headquarters (located at the 11th floor of the Chase Bank building outside the Berkeley BART station). Since I interviewed for the Front End, I was mainly asked design questions about how I'd improve certain features of their layouts, followed by a slightly unexpected more technical question about text formatting. Before making their decision, they followed up by making me code up a static page about showcasing a company, which also wasn't that bad. Overall the process took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you implement a "see more" functionality in Javascript if all you're given is a long string from the backend?   View Answer

Worked for University of California Berkeley? Contribute to the Community!