University of California

Updated 14 Dec 2014
Updated 14 Dec 2014

2.4

Resident Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of California.

You have to do a group interview as well as a two on one interview. The group interview is about how you can work with a team and whether you can step up and also step down. The two on one interview is about your experience and problem-solving skills.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if someone gave you the answers to a test you were stressed out about?   Answer Question

Graduate Student Researcher Interview

Department was very communicative, faculty were great to speak with, students were very helpful in sharing information about the department and courses. Students were also very responsive by email. Department was very fast in making the decision and letting you know. Visit days are well-organized.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to do basic scientific research and why Berkeley?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of California in September 2013.

Interview was not be taken seriously. Management panel rescheduled my interview date and time three times after they had already completed their final selection process. I am still trying to understand the point to the process.

Senior Analyst Interview

Awkward, the colleagues seemed tense as if they didn't want to work there.

I didn't negotiate

Programmer/Analyst II Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at University of California.

This was an internal transition. I recall that when I was moving to my new department, there seemed to be an overall anti-new-department sentiment amongst the colleagues I was leaving behind. In fact, one of my colleagues who was due to transition with me pulled out at the last minute. The then-director and his immediate managers were judged to be nepotistic, and people felt that they threw employees under the bus in order to boost their own image within the organization.

Interview Questions
    • How will you compensate for your lack of knowledge and experience in this field?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of California in September 2011.

Everyone in this office is very professional and helpful.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at University of California in March 2011.

The interview process was fairly simple and professional. The interview consisted of two on site interviews. The first interview was with the Hiring Manager and another Business Analyst. It consisted of standard Business Analysis questions about requirement gathering, documentation and task prioritization. Was presented with various scenarios, technical as well as professional, to solve. The second interview was with the department's Sr. Director. Standard HR interview with questions ranging from "Why is this a good position for you?" to "What will you bring to this position?". I was also required to provide with some work samples as well as TWO professional references.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your approach to a situation for with you require some feedback and you do not have your Manager to guide you?   View Answer

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of California in January 2011.

They went through a series of questions.

pay

Secretary Interview

Interviewers are nice.

Technical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Cruz, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of California in January 2011.

I applied through UC Santa Cruz's Job Portal and I got hired.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions-- I got hired based off of my application.   Answer Question