University of Missouri Graduate Research Assistant Interview Questions

Updated 7 May 2014

1.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri.

Process took around 2+ weeks and I met with the hiring manager, and HR representatives, and spoke about the qualifications and why I was a good fit for the organization.

Interview Questions
  • Very standard questions. Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
Not negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for University of Missouri

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of Missouri in May 2012.

$13/hr without bounce, but with full tuition waive.

Interview Questions
    • Require strong bio science background, which I am not good at.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rolla, MO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rolla, MO (US)

I applied online - interviewed at University of Missouri in May 2011.

Very good systematic and friendly approach to hiring. Started from basic to in-depth knowledge testing. It is an experience of life time. Integrated questions from various subjects. ultimately it went well. Very patient interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO (US)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at University of Missouri in November 2010.

It depends on the advisor you work under. For me I literally explained what I did as an undergraduate and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    There were no negotiations. Graduate research assistants receive a tuition waiver, health insurance subsidy (albeit the health insurance kind of sucks), and wound up with my monthly salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at University of Missouri in August 2009.

Visit the University website to find out more about Graduate Degree Program Application Instructions. Your program of interest sets the application deadline, eligibility criteria and required application materials beyond what the Graduate School must receive. Extra materials may include a program-specific application, letters of recommendation, a statement of purpose and/or a resume.

Interview Questions
    • The Graduate School requires official TOEFL or IELTS scores, sent directly from the testing service provider, for all applicants who come from areas where English is not the primary language. Learn more about the proficiency test requirement and proof-of-funding documents, and check your eligibility on our International Applicants page.   Answer Question

Worked for University of Missouri? Contribute to the Community!