University of North Carolina Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 13, 2014
29 interviews

2.7

Associate Dean/CIO Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at University of North Carolina in July 2014.

The interview process consisted of a 30 minute panel phone interview. The second round was a two panel, one hour interview and then a Q/A period with the team.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was how would you respond to a request to deploy a technology, which is against your policies and procedures.   View Answer

Assistant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of North Carolina.

Brief 30 minute phone screen. That was followed by a day of half hour interviews with the entire staff. The decision came very quickly. They want to make sure you are a good fit for the team.

Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at University of North Carolina in November 2012.

I applied through the UNC job website in September and was contacted via email to come in for an interview in November. I interviewed with a panel of 6 people. The work culture, people and environment were fantastic, you couldn't ask for a better group of people to work with.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions were related to the job that I had either performed previously or would be performing. I didn't find and of the questions to be difficult or unexpected, since they were all related to the job.   Answer Question
    Because the job was "soft money" there was no negotiation. You could take the offer or not.

Assistant Interview

Online Application Submit Schedule Match Schedule with available positions add qualifications and skills

I would like to work

ITS Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chapel Hill, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC (US)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at University of North Carolina in January 2013.

Initial emails were nice and very formal. Manager made sure to be very descriptive and follow strict legal procedures and document everything. The interview process was quick. The questions were focused on gauging how much exposure I had in the industry and what tools or software has the candidate used in IT Security. I interviewed with two members of the team in the same room for about 20 minutes. The next day I heard back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • I was not expected to be asked to write a line of a program using Python.   Answer Question

Campus Visit Coordinator - Admissions Office Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at University of North Carolina in September 2012.

Called for an interview approximately 2 weeks after submitting an application through the UNCA HR website; the interview was conducted on-campus, with three committee members, two of whom worked in the admissions office. The committee members seemed bored, as though they didn't want to be there, and they seemed that way when I walked in the door.
    Despite being told I would hear back in a week -- and receiving a very pleasant reply to my thank-you email that I would hear back within 7-10 days -- nearly two weeks passed without any word. I sent a follow-up email after the 10 days had passed and no reply. It left a poor impression on me of both the office and the institution that I found out through the staff website that an internal candidate had been hired, which is perhaps why the interview committee seemed so bored, since it appears they already knew whom they planned to hire, which made me feel as though they had disrespected my time. About a week later, nearly three weeks after my interview, I received a form letter from HR telling me that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not terribly difficult; mostly past experience related to the responsibilities of the position.   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at University of North Carolina.

I was offered the teaching position as part of my graduate student package when I applied for graduate school at UNC-Chapel Hill. I first received an email expressing interest in my academic credentials from my potential adviser, which was followed by a 40-minute phone interview with the same person about a week later. We had a professional albeit pleasant conversation discussing my reasons for going to graduate school. After the phone interview I was told that he would need to discuss the results with other members of the hiring committee. After about one more week, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • What is the reason for wanting to go to graduate school at UNC-Chapel Hill.   Answer Question

Night Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Asheville, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at University of North Carolina in December 2013.

You apply online and are asked to have an interview with you and the employer(s) (depending on department) and they are friendly and casual in their questioning.

Interview Questions
    I received an e-mail that I got the position and was given the date and time for training.

University Cashier Interview

Work-Study and Temporary Student Position interview. Met with two of the managers and was asked about my previous experience and what i would contribute to the culture at the job. Was asked how I worked with people of diverse backgrounds and how I worked with peers. Was a very laid-back interview that took place in the middle of the workday on-site. Took all of maybe 30 minutes to complete.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time in which you had to confront a friend or peer.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation.

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Submit resume to PIs with potential openings

Interview Questions

Worked for University of North Carolina? Contribute to the Community!