University of Phoenix

Updated 23 Nov 2014
Updated 23 Nov 2014

2.8

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX (US)

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix.

I applied for the job and waited may 2-3 weeks before I was invited to take the assessment. The assessment consisted of three parts in which one took a long time. It consisted of placing words in a box until there are none there. After I took the assessment, I was told that I had passed it. I waited another 2-3 weeks before receiving an invite for a phone interview. Obviously I did horrible in my phone interview because I received an email 1 week later stating that I had not been chosen to move forward in the interviewing process. Also she only asked 4 behavioral questions during the phone interview. She stated that during the face-to-face interview that they ask different questions and you can not use the same answers since they record your responses.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

The process is fairly lengthy. It begins with an initial phone interview, then online assessment, and the last round is in-person. The interviews last somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour. Most of the interview questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Example questions:
         Tell me a time you dealt with an irate customer?
         Tell me a time you solved a problem in a create way?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Enrollment Advisor Interview

1st you take an assessment after you pass that you get an email asking you to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview they will set up a time for you to met with the hiring manager face to face.

Interview Questions
    • They ask me questions regarding things I have done on my previous jobs.   Answer Question
    none

PC Systems Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Panel interview with IT director, manager, network admin, and other department heads. Questions were asked about how to handle to certain issues/problems. How to trouble shoot basic pc issues. How to deal with more advanced networking issues and what steps I would take to resolve.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected questions "Why are man hole covers round?" "If you were a carrot in a salad and were about to be eaten what would you do?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation at all. Pay was less then my previous employer.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in November 2014.

I applied for the position online and immediately received an assessment. After completing the assessment, it took a few days to receive an email from the Apollo Group about scheduling. It was hard to find a good time to interview because their times were all during the day, but we found one after two weeks. The final interview is typically a week later.

The interview questions that will secure the job for you are all behavioral. I had to explain a challenging time, a time when things were better than expected, a time when you have to please a customer, and another that I can remember. I would google behavioral interview questions if you were unfamiliar.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when something you developed turned out better than expected. Where did you work, what was the project, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate the salary because of my education and transferable skills but you can only negotiate if you have been in a same or similar role with the last year. This is my first position in higher education so I took a pay cut.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

you apply online..then take assessment they send you..you will be scheduled for a phone interview with third party recruiter...the recruiter will schedule a panel interview with the managers..three days later you will receive an offer via email

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer after listening to their needs.   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Enrollment Advisor Interview

Easy interview process. Two phone interviews, a face to face interview and then you will get a call back within a few days. Asked generic questions. Such as: Where do you see yourself in 5 years, 10 years and so on.

Workforce Solutions Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at University of Phoenix.

The process was easy and mostly virtual if not in person. Begins with recruiter and moves on to internal interviews. After internal interview are completed, you work again with a recruiter to handle background check detail. Then after results are back, final confirmation notice is sent via email entailing a job offer.

Academic Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Phoenix in October 2014.

I filled out the application online in sept 2014 and passed the assessment. It took a while for me to be contacted (3wks) for the interview phase. Once I was contact I had 1 phone interview, then I was moved on to the face to face interview. I passed the face to face interview and I was notified with an acceptance letter 2 days after the face to face and also to start the background check. My background check only took 3 days to be clear. Then I was given my start date. Overall the whole process took 4 and a half weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were behavioral based questions. The interview should be like telling a story, what did you do, how did you handle it, what was the result, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    No negotiation but they pay very well.

Faculty Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Phoenix.

Submitted an online application and was then sent an online interview with about seven questions. After returning the online interview by the requested deadline I was contacted by one of the managers to schedule an in-person interview with a panel. There were eight managers on the panel and each took turns asking questions then marking comments on a sheet in front of them. I received an offer about two days later.

Interview Questions
    • Standard behavioral-style questions (i.e. tell me about a time when...)   Answer Question
    No negotiation