University of Washington

Updated 10 Dec 2014
Updated 10 Dec 2014

2.6

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

I spoke with the head of the lab via phone conversation. Then, was asked if I'd like to apply for my own funding (fellowship) in order for them to afford me. After receiving the funding I was asked to join the lab.

Research Scientist III Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at University of Washington.

Found this job through a person in common working there before.
    I had the experience to this job but it was much more simple of what I was doing before. It took me months to decide and take the job since I was trying to find a better option. Times are difficult and I had to take it or live on unemployment...
    Several meetings with the boss until deciding to take the job

Interview Questions
    • do you want this job? (it was a little bit down sizing to my expertise)   Answer Question

International Studies Processing Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in October 2014.

Application: I applied online through the UW Hires website, immediately after which I received a confirmation email. However, it was over a month by the time I received a call to schedule an interview.

Interview: The interview was standard, they gave me a tour of the workspace, pointing out the various library stacks that I would work with and explained the expected responsibilities in great detail. They asked me to tell them about myself, and my past work experience and asked for specific examples in which I solved problems and overcame challenges.

Interview Questions
    • After an hour long interview they tested me on my transliteration skills.   View Answer

Accepted another offer.

Senior Lecturer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at University of Washington in October 2014.

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks – interviewed at University of Washington.

Round 1 of interviews started 7:30am ended 8:30pm, included breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Met with 24 people from the school of interest, including Dean, faculty, and staff; Conducted 30 minute lecturer

Point of first interview to actual hiring is between approximately 12 weeks.

Nothing difficult really. General questions to get a feel of candidate fit for the culture, specific questions to gauge subject matter knowledge, 30-minute lecturer to evaluate classroom presence.

Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in October 2014.

I applied through UW website and got a call for in-person interview. There were five people interviewing me. No technical question, only behavioral questions. They asked what is your strength, weakness, why should they hire you. Three out of five interviewers were friendly. There were two who just listen, never smile, never nod along and ask you difficult questions. I guess they are the ones who make the hiring decision. The whole interview took about 30 minutes.

Technology Assistant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at University of Washington.

Saw the listing on Huskyjobs. Only required resume but was followed up with an email for website samples to look at coding experience. Scheduled for a interview with the supervisor and assistant that I was replacing (since she was graduating). The interview lasted no more than half an hour and was very casual.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience explaining complicated technologies to not so technical savvie faculty & staff (some of which have English as their 2nd language)   Answer Question

Research Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in August 2014.

I went through two phone interviews and an in-person interview with over 10 people. The in-person interview lasted for about 1 1/2 hours. In retrospect, it was probably good to interview with that many people as I have worked on many projects.

No negotiation

Patient Care Technician Interview

straightforward, the process was very informal. The interviewer was reading from a preassembled questions. Typical questions. interview was with the assistant nurse manager so it I had to very detailed, articulate and precise so she can relay this to her boss.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a characteristics about you that you don't see but others do. Why is this ? And how do you bring it your advantage.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at University of Washington.

professor-interview over Skype, where the professor asked about how I view his research and what I would like to do in future projects. Also asked about was the previous research experience.

Interview Questions
    • techniques used in prior research and techniques expected in future projects   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at University of Washington in July 2014.

Pretty standard interview questions. First was a phone screen, and then a couple days later an email for an invite to an in person interview. The in person lasted two hours, with the first hour being with three people in the office, then a couple one on one interviews. The questions were clear and nothing to throw you off.

Interview Questions
    • None. They had a sheet with general questions about experience and scenarios you have either had or will probably need to deal with.   Answer Question
    As others have stated, there is no negotiation process.