Urban Outfitters

Updated 24 Feb 2015
Updated 24 Feb 2015

2.2

Sales Associate- Holiday Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied online on the URBN careersforsuccess website for the holiday sales associate position. A day or two afte applying I recieved an email inviting me to the store for an interview the next day. Once in store I was asked to fill out a paper with my availability. It was a group interview consisting of about 3 people. It was very relaxed and fun- more like a conversation between all of us!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

It took them a very long time to get back to me about my application, but setting up the interview only took a few days and then I heard back about a week later. The interview was really relaxed. Basically just got asked about my availability, why I wanted to work there, and maybe one or two other really easy questions. I think they mostly do group interviews although I couldn't make it to the group interview so I did a one-on-one.

Interview Questions
    • What current/upcoming trends do you like right now?   View Answer
    None.

Team Leader Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in February 2015.

Submitted a resume and cover letter, filled out an ethics survey and received a callback for a 1 on 1 with the store manager. Probably one of the easier interviews I've ever had - I think the hardest part was deciding what to wear since it was "Super casual" required. The SM was extremely friendly and had an emphasis on making sure everyone got along with each other and creating a "community spirit" in the store. Heard back approximately one week from the interview

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

After being prompted to apply by a friend who had just started working there I applied myself. Applied online, it took about two days from the initial application to receive an email telling me that I'd have a webcam interview. The webcam interview was pretty relaxed since I was by myself and could practice my answers before recording and sending them in. Afterwards there was another two day wait before I was called in for a one on one interview with the stores manager at that time.

With it being Urban I dressed casually [slightly over sized gray vneck, rolled skinny jeans w/ a one knee torn out, a denim/leather jacket, and boots]. The urban at which I applied was one of the more casual I'd seen, the manager was wearing a gray tshirt, a green beanie and jeans w/ no accessories when she interviewed me.

I've never worked in retail before so the interview went great until she started to ask me questions on how I would deal w/ customers and merchandise. Tho I gave "nice" answers I basically bs'd thro the end of it. They called two days later to tell me I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions
    • Given the current fashion trends what do you expect people to be wearing this time next year?   Answer Question

Seasonal Employee 2013 Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied online and when they finally emailed me about a month or two later I had already got another job so I didn't set up an interview, but they kept emailing me so finally I just decided to go for it and set up an interview. It was one of the most relaxed interviews I've ever had. She mostly just asked me about what trends I liked, what bloggers I follow, and my knowledge of Urban Brands. It was suppose to be a group interview, but whoever emailed me gave me the wrong time so I was there an hour before everyone else so I had a solo interview. She also told me what kind of stuff I would be doing and then I was offered the job a week later I believe, but I had booked a plane ticket home for thanksgiving thinking i didn't receive the job and they needed me to work black friday so I had to turn it down.

Na Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

at first i had about a 2-3 week wait until i heard anything and then i got a request to do a survey that took about 20 minutes. after that I got an email asking me to do a video interview. and that is where I am in the interview process.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Urban Outfitters.

It was a group interview, with about 20 applicants. One thing I remembered was that someone asked about the employee discount. I think this caused her not to get hired. Don't ask before you're hired!

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember....but in a group interview - participate! be positive! It worked for me   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in January 2015.

I submitted an application, and three weeks later, got an email saying they wanted to interview me at their home office. I interviewed at their internship recruiting day. It was super nice, the atmosphere was incredibly beautiful and not at all like a typical corporate environment, and everyone there was really fashionable and cool. The interview took place in a large room, where there were approximately twenty interviewers conducting 1-on-1 interviews with candidates. I interviewed with two different individuals, and the interview itself was laid-back and conversational. They wanted to hear about my work, but also made it a priority to make me feel comfortable, which was really awesome.

Interview Questions
    • What type of lighting do you prefer? How much experience do you have with Photoshop? What are your biggest challenges? How do you get inspiration?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I first applied online and then waited a few weeks. Then I got an email to fill out an ethics test online. Another week or so passed and I got an email to come to the store for a group interview. The interview went well, but they said nothing after. A week later they emailed me to come in for another group interview. This interview also went well, but they said nothing as we left. Another week later I finally got a call back with a job offer. They told me my pay and I accepted. It was ridiculously drawn out for such a simple position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I had two interviews. The first one was a group interview but two people did not show up, so it was me and one other individual. The manager interviewed us first and then I got a call two weeks later for an interview with the store manager. Then got hired the week after.

Interview Questions
    • There were not any surprise questions - very straightforward   Answer Question