Urban Outfitters Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated 18 Oct 2014

2.2

322 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied through an online application. (I don't think UO does paper applications at all anymore) and a week later received an email asking me to complete a video interview through Hirevue. You record your answers to the questions and it was super laid-back. They asked questions like what was the last time I received challenging feedback and they asked me to draw a picture that represents me, my style, or just anything about me. Then about a week later I received another email asking me to complete an ethics survey. It asks really obvious questions like "Do you think it's ok to get high before work" and stuff like that. Make sure you take your time doing this because I messed up and answered a question wrong and I really thought it ruined my chances. I got an email a couples days later saying that UO wasn't going to be moving forward with my application. However, about two weeks later I got another email asking me to attend a group interview a few days later. When I got to the store, everyone was really nice and there was three other people in my group. Although it's not all UO cares about, they are looking for stylish people so dress like you would if you worked there! From what I saw, there wasn't any other groups there at the time. The interview was again, really laid-back. We took turns asking questions like, "What is you dream job?" and "When is the last time you experienced great customer service?". It seemed like they were just looking for people with an out-going personality and who would work hard and enjoy it while they're doing it. I was just myself and although I have no retail experience I felt it went really good! It lasted about 30 minutes and then we were told we'd here back by the end of the week. The next day I got a call and was offered a position as a sales associate :)

Interview Questions
  • Nothing really unexpected! Pretty standard questions about customer service and personality.   Answer Question
No negotiation phase. I really wanted the job and with no retail experience, I was just happy I got an offer.

Other Interview Reviews for Urban Outfitters

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online, filled out a survey, and had to do a video interview. It was a very easy process. A few days later they asked me to come in for a group interview.

Sales Associate Interview

it was pretty easy. video interview, questionnaire, then final interview.The company is really nice ands its a good first job. I'm still waiting on to hear back from uo but i have high hopes.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I filled out a form online and then called the specific store I wanted to work at. I told them about my online submission and then they scheduled me for a group interview. Right before the interview, they had me fill out a physical copy of the online application.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in October 2014.

I applied online, the application was really easy. A few days later I got an email about a video interview which was kinda fun. I did it on my phone. It took like 5 minutes. A few days after that I got a call for an interview. It was a group interview with about 6 of us. We dressed casual, like something you would see in urban outfitters. about a week after my interview I was offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • The questions weren't too bad. We were asked about our best and worst job experience. We were asked what job we would do if we could do anything in the world without any worries. We were asked what are some characteristics we would expect our managers/coworkers to have. And we were asked about LP practices   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

sent in application got a call about a week later asking me to come in for an interview. pretty standard group interview. went around in a circle and answered basic questions. after the interview they gave us a card to fill out online asking more questions. got a call back offering me the job a few days later.

Sales Associate Interview

Online interview was odd because you don't talk to anyone but it was easy and quick. In-person, group interview was very relaxed. Questions range from favorite music to what designers you would by with unlimited money.

No negotiation phase.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Urban Outfitters.

I applied online and they called me the next day for a group interview.. The group interview was a little overwhelming because there were about 10 or so people and they were more group interviews scheduled that day... They asked questions like "Whats your style?" and "what are your passions in life?"

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Urban Outfitters in September 2014.

I applied online and then about a 2 days later they sent me an email to do a video interview. It was unexpected but kind of fun. Then about 4 days later I completed there survey. Then I got an email 2 day later about a group interview. The date on the interview was wrong, it said Wednesday 9/9 instead of Wednesday 9/10.If I didn't see the email I wouldn't have made it, because they sent it the day before one the 9th. The interview was okay, the manager didn't have any information about use. So mentally I'm thinking how can you hire two people when you don't have any of their information. Nor did she ask for our information afterwards.

Interview Questions
    • One the video interview they asked me to draw a picture representing myself and that threw me off because you only have a certain amount of time to prepare for the video and then shoot it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN (US)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Urban Outfitters in September 2014.

I went in on the weekend for shopping. When I got to the register I was looking at the "Do you want to work for us" flyers. Little did I know, the manager was the one checking me out at the register and asked if I was interested in working there. I had previously put in an online application about a month earlier. She asked my name and looked me up. She emailed me with the video interview process and a day or so afterwards I went in for the face to face interview. Within a week, I was hired. The video interview was super cool and you will need a webcam for it to record yourself answering random questions they give you. Fun! I love my new job. I have been there for about 3 weeks. Easy job!