VMware

Updated 15 Dec 2014
Updated 15 Dec 2014

3.2

Technical Support Engineer - Level II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VMware in June 2014.

First call from HR. Second call from Indian support team for technical interview. This interview was two guys on the phone ~30 minutes. I got them to call me at 6:30pm.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of theory questions and questions related to vmware products and features.   Answer Question
    • Technical interview was very unprofessional. When I got few questions wrong they laughed and said that I'm not strong enough to get this role.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware in April 2014.

Great and pleasant experience/s with HR in Australia and also the many people in the TAM team. The interview process was intense with their requires were on technical knowledge, customer service and being agile. It is all providing a value service to each and every VMware customer.

Interview Questions
    • Product knowledge of EUC, SDDC and Hybrid Cloud. These are the key and important items that will take the IT industry to the next era.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware.

First interview was with hiring manager and HR. Second interview was with senior manager.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through other source – interviewed at VMware in January 2013.

Informal Interview - Good conversation, yet when it came to Salary it was a showstopping $55k + Super. This was well below my current salary to the point where I had to withdraw from the process.

Software Engineer Interview

ask some question about system debug and profiling, just do some coding for stack and a tree browser logic. Not very hard, take easy and get the position. the interviewer is quite nice and do not take a long time. This company choose people carefully.

Technical Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at VMware.

I actually interviewed more than once for two separate TAM roles. The first round went through a series of 6 phone interviews. From what I understand I was final round but didn't get it. That started off with a technical interview which was a lot of questions surrounding the product stack. Be aware of new products and versions of vCloud, vSphere, vCAC, vCops, etc...

Not sure if that many interviews is typical. The second time I applied was when they called me back after 5 months for another opening. This interview process took around a month and was a few more interviews technical, and scenario type questions. I'd suggest preparing notes with product info, as well as focusing on use case examples of your resume history.

Interview Questions
    • The scenario questions are more of "what would you do in this situation". A lot of high level overview scenarios along the lines of how you deal with business stakeholders, interact with account teams, handle difficult conversations like customer pain points. Again, discuss use cases where you've implemented their products and what business problems you solved with them.   Answer Question
    Very happy with the offer, didn't negotiate.

Technical Administrator Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware.

very good experience and they give you a very warm vibe.Be yourself and don't fake anything because they evaluate you on the basis of your answers and they'll counter check your answers.

PhD Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at VMware in December 2014.

I met the recruiter and one of the staffs during the tech talk at my school. He is mainly resposible for recruting PhD student in VMware. We first figure out possible groups that are suitable for my research and then start the interview process.

My interviewer was another staff from VMware. We first went through my resume and I explained my research to him. He seemed not that interested to me but we continued with 2 technical questions: what is context switch, explain hash table implementation. I think I answered most of them. The coding part was translate a sorted list in to a balanced BTree, which is easier than I expected. This interview ended with a simple Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • What if we have no idea the key space of a hash table. How to modify the implementation to avoid collision.   View Answer

Have other plan

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Interview was tough. Highly technical. They gave lot of time to think. It was more then 5 rounds but not bit cool. They don't pressurize on a question, Simply change it if you are stuck.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broomfield, CO (US)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VMware.

The recruiter asked me some basic Windows questions after I passed that phase I had an onsite interview. Each Escalation Engineer there were 4-5 people had asked multiple questions based on a scenario to see your troubleshooting methodology. If they asked about a network printer what would you do to get it to work it would start pretty basic and they kept going until your ideas had run out. It differs between each department what questions are asked. There were no right or wrong answers. Windows troubleshooting skills are what they are looking for. If you pass that phase you will meet with the managers. They will discuss & recommend for an yes or no to an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They expanded each question asked which increasingly was more difficult. They wanted to see if you painted yourself into a corner or if you could expand outside of the box.   Answer Question
    They made an offer and I accepted.