VMware Interview Questions

Updated 15 Oct 2014
Updated 15 Oct 2014

3.2

Technical Support Engineer - Level II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VMware in June 2014.

First call from HR. Second call from Indian support team for technical interview. This interview was two guys on the phone ~30 minutes. I got them to call me at 6:30pm.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of theory questions and questions related to vmware products and features.   Answer Question
    • Technical interview was very unprofessional. When I got few questions wrong they laughed and said that I'm not strong enough to get this role.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware in April 2014.

Great and pleasant experience/s with HR in Australia and also the many people in the TAM team. The interview process was intense with their requires were on technical knowledge, customer service and being agile. It is all providing a value service to each and every VMware customer.

Interview Questions
    • Product knowledge of EUC, SDDC and Hybrid Cloud. These are the key and important items that will take the IT industry to the next era.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware.

First interview was with hiring manager and HR. Second interview was with senior manager.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through other source – interviewed at VMware in January 2013.

Informal Interview - Good conversation, yet when it came to Salary it was a showstopping $55k + Super. This was well below my current salary to the point where I had to withdraw from the process.

Intern Interview

Had a telephonic interview. Mostly asked about my resume and my knowledge of Android programming. I did not know much about it at that time. So that was a minus point in my profile.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about how to open sockets and the steps in socket programming.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware.

I was contacted via the recruiter and given a list of items to prepare for. on attending the interview i was made to feel very welcome and could see the great company culture shining even after just a few minutes. I was interviewed by the current intern and after getting past the 1st interview by the division manager. My overall experience was extremely good, never have i had such a relaxed and interesting interview.

VMware Response

Sep 25, 2014Director of University Relations

It’s great to hear that you had such a positive experience. We are proud of our culture and I am thrilled to know that came across during your time with us. Thanks for sharing your feedback and ... More

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at VMware in September 2014.

30 min phone screen and a 4.5 hour full loop interview; mostly technical coding questions and some SOAR stories; The first 3 rounds were full coding and with hiring manager it was mostly explaining projects and design questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at VMware in September 2014.

I was contacted on Linked in by recruiter. The communication was pleasant and informative. I was asked to complete a timed (one hour) coding question online at my convenience. If the coding question went well, then I would be invited to participate at the interview event. I completed the coding question, and submitted my solution.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Flip the Bits : What is the maximum number if 1 - bits (indicated by S) which you can obtain in the final bit string? 'Flipping ' a bit means , that a 0 is transformed to a 1 and a 1 is transformed to a 0. String is some like "1001011".

2) Transverse the multi dimensional matrix: Find the number of paths to the bottom - right of the cell
        Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at VMware.

I sent my resume in via a friend who worked for the company and was telephoned the next day. They wanted to set up a phone interview. I was called when we had set up our time and it was clear the interviewer was at home. As I could hear dogs barking. However I think that is part of the atmosphere at VMWare. Stay at home to work and laid back.

She asked me if I was interested in the company and what my main goal was. General interview questions nothing hard. She then told me about the rest of the interview process which involved hypothetically selling coffee to a group of VMware employees and then a more on the spot sales presentation with some VMware managers.

She said she would call me to schedule those interviews. I never received a follow up phone call.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals regarding your career and how you will contribute to this company or any?   Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at VMware.

Technical - on par with bay-area's best. Very technical / in-depth discussions / past experience is the key. Algorithms / Data Structures / Typical Computer Science essentials. Essentially hands on coding will go a very very long way, keep writing code to ace the interview.