VMware Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
427 interviews

3.2

Technical Support Engineer - Level II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in June 2014.

First call from HR. Second call from Indian support team for technical interview. This interview was two guys on the phone ~30 minutes. I got them to call me at 6:30pm.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of theory questions and questions related to vmware products and features.   Answer Question
    • Technical interview was very unprofessional. When I got few questions wrong they laughed and said that I'm not strong enough to get this role.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in April 2014.

Great and pleasant experience/s with HR in Australia and also the many people in the TAM team. The interview process was intense with their requires were on technical knowledge, customer service and being agile. It is all providing a value service to each and every VMware customer.

Interview Questions
    • Product knowledge of EUC, SDDC and Hybrid Cloud. These are the key and important items that will take the IT industry to the next era.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware.

First interview was with hiring manager and HR. Second interview was with senior manager.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral - interviewed at VMware.

I sent my resume in via a friend who worked for the company and was telephoned the next day. They wanted to set up a phone interview. I was called when we had set up our time and it was clear the interviewer was at home. As I could hear dogs barking. However I think that is part of the atmosphere at VMWare. Stay at home to work and laid back.

She asked me if I was interested in the company and what my main goal was. General interview questions nothing hard. She then told me about the rest of the interview process which involved hypothetically selling coffee to a group of VMware employees and then a more on the spot sales presentation with some VMware managers.

She said she would call me to schedule those interviews. I never received a follow up phone call.

Interview Questions
    • What are your goals regarding your career and how you will contribute to this company or any?   Answer Question

Technical Program Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware in March 2014.

A vmware recruiter contacted me for a phone interview after I applied online. The recruiter rattled off 10-20 stock questions on her sheet. Very cold demeanor, told me I only had 1-2min to answer each question and cut me off as I was talking. Not surprisingly, my answers didn't fit into whatever stock answers she had and I never heard from anyone at vmware again.

Interview Questions
    • None too difficult, just cliche type program management questions.   Answer Question

Pricing Interview

I interviewed through other source - interviewed at VMware.

The interviewer was 37 minutes late to the interview.
    The interviewer had great difficulty speaking English.
    The interviewer eventually brought up the fact that they do not pay for relocation (ACROSS THE COUNTRY) when their posted job ad specifically states they did (and all similar jobs of this caliber would pay Relo).

Software Development Engineer In TestBeijing Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Beijing, Beijing (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beijing, Beijing (China)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware in August 2013.

The questions are simple, the inteviewer mainly focues on my projects. First question is introduce myself in English, then write a sort method using any language. Next I was asked some questions about Linux, include some commands and the principle of pipe. In the remaining time I was talking about my project.

Interview Questions
    • the difference among hashmap, hashtable, hashset in JAVA?   View Answer

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at VMware.

Technical - on par with bay-area's best. Very technical / in-depth discussions / past experience is the key. Algorithms / Data Structures / Typical Computer Science essentials. Essentially hands on coding will go a very very long way, keep writing code to ace the interview.

Interview Questions

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at VMware.

I had a very bad experience with VMWare recruiters, twice...and both the times it was the same unpleasant experience. They contacted me to interview for a position and I gave them few slots for tech screens. Then they told me that they are not hiring any more and the email was full of spelling errors. The whole experience seemed very unprofessional.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at VMware in May 2014.

Recruiter contacted me, went through phone screen, phone interview, and in person interview.

The recruiting process was somewhat jumbled - I was put in touch with 3 different recruiters, one of who forgot to tell me that my phone interview was scheduled. Otherwise, everyone was pretty good with response time.

Interview Questions
    Offer was much higher than any other place I'd looked at for this type of position so I didn't negotiate.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!