VMware Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014
Updated Sep 17, 2014

3.2

Technical Support Engineer - Level II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in June 2014.

First call from HR. Second call from Indian support team for technical interview. This interview was two guys on the phone ~30 minutes. I got them to call me at 6:30pm.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of theory questions and questions related to vmware products and features.   Answer Question
    • Technical interview was very unprofessional. When I got few questions wrong they laughed and said that I'm not strong enough to get this role.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in April 2014.

Great and pleasant experience/s with HR in Australia and also the many people in the TAM team. The interview process was intense with their requires were on technical knowledge, customer service and being agile. It is all providing a value service to each and every VMware customer.

Interview Questions
    • Product knowledge of EUC, SDDC and Hybrid Cloud. These are the key and important items that will take the IT industry to the next era.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware.

First interview was with hiring manager and HR. Second interview was with senior manager.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at VMware in July 2013.

had 5 rounds of interviews
    moderate difficulty
    each round tested a different concept
    they are mainly looking at how you approach a problem
    tested me on algorithms, data structures and python and also a few aptitude and puzzle questions

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware.

I was contacted via the recruiter and given a list of items to prepare for. on attending the interview i was made to feel very welcome and could see the great company culture shining even after just a few minutes. I was interviewed by the current intern and after getting past the 1st interview by the division manager. My overall experience was extremely good, never have i had such a relaxed and interesting interview.

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at VMware in August 2010.

Hiring process was lengthy for me & I was hired after about 2 months with 3 rounds of interview. Interview was simple & to the point, however there were a lot of applicants which made it look tougher.

Interview Questions
    They did not negotiate on their base pay

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at VMware in August 2014.

Very bad experience with VMware. I took the phone interview on Aug. They gave me an onsite on Sep. 18th. 10 days before the onsite, they send me an email and told me they have to remove me from the onsite since they realize I am a new graduate student. I have to cancle my ticked and reschedule all my other interview

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at VMware in September 2014.

30 min phone screen and a 4.5 hour full loop interview; mostly technical coding questions and some SOAR stories; The first 3 rounds were full coding and with hiring manager it was mostly explaining projects and design questions.

Storage QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at VMware in August 2014.

Got a call from VMware Bangalore.
    Interview got scheduled, asked to keep laptop with internet along.

In my case:
    Interviewer is not much interested in my previous role.
    He directly jumped to interviewing.
    He is much interested in the logical and analytic questions.
    Interviewer may ask to write one or two programs online (collabedit or something).

Interview Questions
    • • About yourself
      • Previous company’s profile role and other things.
      • SCSI ISCSI NAS SAN FCP real time questions around these.
      • flogi plogi
      • Why fcp?
          Can we use scsi cables in data centers? (cost is not a matter)
          Why add another layer fcp, why not scsi itself?
      • Virtual memory, paging,
          I have a 10GB file on HDD and RAM is 4g
          I want to change first and last bit of that 10GB file.
          Explain how this works?

• WAS ASKED TO WRITE 2 PERL programs
      - Read input from stdin and replace all vowels with upper case except 'u' and print to stdout.
      - I have an array of n elements.
          Find out if array has a sub array whose sum is 0.
          [1,2,2,-3], yes [1 2 –3]
        Answer Question

Senior Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at VMware in June 2010.

Two Phone interviews followed by detailed technical interview in person. The interview was typical of top technical companies. Unlike google or facebook who dwell only on CS fundamentals, here they also go in depth on domain knowledge. Some focused primarily on coding questions. Many interviews were focused on what I have done and if I could provide details of my current work and broader picture of technologies used.

Interview Questions
    • Details about exactly how storage systems worked at protocol level
      Many coding questions and solve problems on paper/board
        View Answer
    Back in those days I could negotiate some RSUs

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!