VMware

Updated 26 Feb 2015
Updated 26 Feb 2015

3.2

Technical Support Engineer - Level II Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at VMware in June 2014.

First call from HR. Second call from Indian support team for technical interview. This interview was two guys on the phone ~30 minutes. I got them to call me at 6:30pm.

Interview Questions
    • Lot of theory questions and questions related to vmware products and features.   Answer Question
    • Technical interview was very unprofessional. When I got few questions wrong they laughed and said that I'm not strong enough to get this role.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware in April 2014.

Great and pleasant experience/s with HR in Australia and also the many people in the TAM team. The interview process was intense with their requires were on technical knowledge, customer service and being agile. It is all providing a value service to each and every VMware customer.

Interview Questions
    • Product knowledge of EUC, SDDC and Hybrid Cloud. These are the key and important items that will take the IT industry to the next era.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at VMware.

First interview was with hiring manager and HR. Second interview was with senior manager.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney
    Anonymous Employee in Sydney

I applied through other source – interviewed at VMware in January 2013.

Informal Interview - Good conversation, yet when it came to Salary it was a showstopping $55k + Super. This was well below my current salary to the point where I had to withdraw from the process.

Member of Technical Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at VMware.

Initial phone interview. I knew this was just a phone screen. Since they bothered to call me, i guess they felt I was worth talking to. However, this phone screen was apparently very valuable to them instead of meeting in person or at least looking optimistically at an applicant's potential for learning on the job. IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG WITH LEARNING A FEW THINGS ON THE JOB?

Interview Questions
    • Disgusting phone interview. I didn't get further than that. Job was somewhat low-level and my resume and email clearly stated what I knew. Instead, the interviewer (and would-be manager) headed me off with questions well beyond that. I didn't mind, given that I can learn, but he apparently didn't think so - literally chuckling at me over the phone towards the end of the interview. He apparently couldn't understand that a guy can learn. Instead he treated the work as some unattainable black art, evidently NOT even wishing to see me in person. What, they don't have training materials at VMware? So judgemental and sickening. I was looking forward to working there too, but my hopes were completely dashed by this crummy behavior - of laughing at a job applicant. I wonder how many potentially good employees this company destroyed. A despicable job interview, probably meant to hire someone overseas or something.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at VMware.

it was just a basic questions ..to test basic skills...keep solving basic programming questions and some of the operating system concepts ..which are commonly asked ..since it is based on virtualization ...be focused on virtualization...there were two technical rounds

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at VMware.

It was a hiring event scheduled for a new team to be set up in Bangalore. Here's the process:
    1) Pass a programming test online.
    2) 4 round of pure technical interviews. Mainly on linked list, trees, binary trees, maps, scripting, testing related.
    3) 1 HR round
    4) Results.

Interview Questions
    Offered a very good package. Didn't negotiate.

Program Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at VMware.

Had several rounds of phone interviews with cross teams and in teams. Invited on-site but it was not a great experience. Not sure if I was in the midst of their urgent projects deliverables but the interviewer' minds were on other pressing things. Process took around 3 weeks end to end.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at VMware in February 2015.

Round 1
    Find last 10 lines in a file in most optimized way.

Find prime numbers till 1000 numbers
    And in most optimized way.

Gold bar puzzle to make 7 pieces and need to give it to worker in 7 days with minimum cut.

Wrong labels puzzles.
    A B A+B worngly labeled .find correct label in one way.

TCs for landline phone.

Round 2
    Circular linked list.

Find a loop in linked list and can go to any other element outside loop.

Making triangles from equilateral triangle exposed side and how many triangles will be made for n iterations.

Round 3
    Implement queue using stacks.

Tell Process block elements

Interview Questions
    • Find a loop in linked list and can go to any other element outside loop.   Answer Question

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork (Ireland)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at VMware in February 2015.

Very straight forward. Dropped the Cv based on job ad seen on a job search website. Had a phone call couple of days after. Phone call is the screening step, very formal and professional. After maybe 30 minutes, we agreed we were heading toward the same direction. Been offered a face-to-face interview on site.
    Second interview was simple straight forward, met a GSS team manager, one team member for the technical assessment, all together 1 hour...
    24 hours after Phone call for final decision...

Interview Questions
    • example of situation where one has to deal with an unhappy user?
      General standard questions... nothing tricky or sneaky.
      Real assessment of the potential, technically, team-player like, friendly, professional,
      I believe that's what they are checking as VMware is very customer satisfaction driven

Answer Question