VMware

416 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Support Engineer - Level II Interview

Technical Support Engineer - Level II

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in June 2014.

Interview Details First call from HR. Second call from Indian support team for technical interview. This interview was two guys on the phone ~30 minutes. I got them to call me at 6:30pm.

Interview Questions

• Lot of theory questions and questions related to vmware products and features.   Answer Question
  • Technical interview was very unprofessional. When I got few questions wrong they laughed and said that I'm not strong enough to get this role.   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Technical Account Manager
Sydney

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in April 2014.

Interview Details Great and pleasant experience/s with HR in Australia and also the many people in the TAM team. The interview process was intense with their requires were on technical knowledge, customer service and being agile. It is all providing a value service to each and every VMware customer.

Interview Question – Product knowledge of EUC, SDDC and Hybrid Cloud. These are the key and important items that will take the IT industry to the next era.   Answer Question

Junior Analyst Interview

Junior Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details First interview was with hiring manager and HR. Second interview was with senior manager.

Interview Question – What is financial analysis?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at VMware.

Interview Details I got referal from employee and got response after 2 weeks. They arranged a 45 mins phone interview. The interviewer was quite nice. I didn't manage to write the complete solution to the coding question but he let me send the code within 30 minutes, it could just for formality though.

Interview Question – Not so many difficult questions. At first some OS questions about thread/process, deadlocks, followed by a coding question that find the next smallest node in a BST then the given number. I was not well prepared though.   Answer Question

Segment Solutions Marketing Manager Interview

Segment Solutions Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at VMware in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied for a Field Marketing Position, but their "scouting" recruiter (a contractor) convinced me that I was more suited for another role she had a req for, so she submitted me for their Solutions Marketing position instead. I did 3 phone interviews and then had 7 in-person interviews... I sent thank you notes to all the interviewers, followed up at timely and regular intervals with both the Lead Recruiter and the hiring manager... and never heard a single word about the position. They would not respond to my voicemails or my emails, not even a form email telling me they had filled the position and thanking me for my time.

Interview Question – The first 6 of the the interviewers asked good questions and reinforced that I would be a great fit based on my skills and personality... Basically telling me what I wanted to hear about the position. The 7th interviewer (their Sr. Director) was brutally honest, he told me what the job would really be like (very different from what the more jr. folks described), and said that based on the breadth my background he didn't feel that I would be happy in this role that he felt was very restricted in scope.   Answer Question

Member of Technical Staff Interview

Member of Technical Staff
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at VMware in April 2013.

Interview Details VMware had been to our college for recruiting intens for their Pune and Bangalore offices in India. The recruitment process started with we receiving a mail regarding the date and time of the recruitment process on our college mail.

The recruitment process consisted of a written technical and aptitude test. This consisted of questions on basic computer science, data structures, operating systems and mathematics.

The people who qualified for the next round were segregated into two groups: one for Pune office and one for Bangalore- I am not sure what the criteria was for this classification. After the people had been notified of their qualification and classification, they were asked if they had any issues with the location and could swap places, if they wanted. I was in the Bangalore office group.

The next round consisted of technical interviews. The Pune office had conducted 4 interviews- three technical and one HR interview. All three technical interivews lasted around 1 hour and the HR interivew lasted around 10 minutes.

There were 2 technical interviews for the Bangalore office. The first one lasted around an hour and the second one lasted around one and a half hour. The first interview consisted of questions on data structures, programming, basic problem solving abilities, academic projects, etc. The second interview consisted of questions on data structures, problem solving skills, programming, operating systems, basic computer science, etc.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty challenging- there is no single question I can hand-pick as the most difficult one.   Answer Question

Curriculum Production Specialist Interview

Curriculum Production Specialist

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at VMware in March 2013.

Interview Details Was brought in as a contractor and worked 3 months before being hired on. Had interviewed for the position 15 months earlier but another was hired. Process was fine as I was a referred candidate by an employee in the group I worked in.

Interview Question – Do not remember any specifics as I was an employee referral.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-eventful, got within the range that I wanted and was available for the position.

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Product Marketing Manager
Palo Alto, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at VMware in June 2014.

Interview Details First contact with recruiter to set up a phone interview. Went well. we connected each other. She recommended me to have a phone interview with the hiring manager. I talked with a Sr Product Marketing Manager. Call lasted 30mns. I asked a lot of questions to see if I can fit in the organization. Three days later I received an email from recruiter that they were not selecting me for the next stage. Reason: not skill set wise.

Interview Question – Introduce yourself. Past experiences.   Answer Question

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at VMware in April 2013.

Interview Details Quick interview process. Over the phone, courteous people. The process was properly coordinated by staffing personnel. The hiring process was quick. I have nothing more to say about the process, completing the minimum word requirements while listening to an interview on my ipad

Negotiation Details – Yes, a pay increase

Intern Interview

Intern
Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at VMware in May 2014.

Interview Details first round is written test in the college. then 1-1 technical interview in the office only then the Manager took the technical round. they will test your basic knowledge about the subjects. later some students were shortlisted for hr round. concentrate more on c c++ ds os basics of networks.

Worked for VMware? Contribute to the Community!