Verizon

440 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fiber Customer Support Analyst Interview

Newport News, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and in two weeks I got a email about signing up for some initial testing. The first test was like the SAT or an IQ test. There is also a personality test that's within it. Then if you pass that you take a computer knowledge test, which has questions similar to the A+ exam. Then I was called the next day to set up a "structured interview", which was basically a face-to-face interview. They told me a recruiter would call me, but they never did. The structured interview involved two people reading questions out of a booklet and writting down your answers. They then score your answers to determine if you pass.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time a customer was angry, how you handled it and what the result.   Answer Question

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Verizon in September 2010.

Interview Details Hiring process was fast. Company is open for compensation negotiations. Technical interview was very rigid.

Interview Question – Questions ask were within scope of job description   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Interviewed at Verizon

Interview Details First was a HR round which was not difficult then came the tech interview

Client Executive Interview

Paris (France)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in June 2013.

Interview Details 7 interviews with several managers up to the country manager, lots of questions and though motivation assessment.

Interview Question – Are you ready for a very difficult position in a very very complex organization   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Basking Ridge, NJ (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in January 2014.

Interview Details I applied on the Verizon Careers site and was contacted by a recruiter within a week. She reviewed my resume and my LinkedIn and forwarded me to the hiring manager, who I had two interviews with. I had an interview with his manager (an Executive Director) after that and was told it was likely I would receive an offer. It took a very long time to receive an offer but once I had it in hand, the process went fairly quickly after that.

Interview Question – Give some examples of difficult negotiations you've undertaken.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They didn't budge at all on base pay - it was the Gypsy curse all over again; I got exactly what I 'wanted.' That is to say, the exact amount I asked for, decremented by the bonus they expect I'll get. They came up in a few other areas, though.

Sales Consultant Interview

Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied online and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Verizon in June 2010.

Interview Details panel interview

Interview Question – how did you handle a conflict that you had with another workmate?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Pittsburgh, PA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Interview Details standard behavioral interview, thorough responses to questions presented

Negotiation Details – standard offer- good starting pay and benefits. great potential to add to earning and promote.

Account Executive - Information Resources Interview

Boston, MA (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Verizon in July 2010.

Interview Details Three phase process. Written exam, Sales simulation, interview with mgt and team.

Interview Question – The sales simulation as the real challenge. You were put in a variety of sales situations over the phone and asked to pursue a goal. Almost all interactions were negative, but you had to persevere.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Voice Engineer Interview

Atlanta, GA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Verizon in April 2014.

Interview Details I had two phone interviews which went very well. The interviewers were the head of the team. They asked about my VoIP and network experience along with my linux and BASH exprrience in detail. This turned out to be a false job. They stated they were cut on budget and could no longer hire but would keep in touch but they had been and still are hiring.

Interview Question – The questions were all relevent and below expectation,   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The position was removed due to budget as soon as I accepted yet they are still advertising.

Senior Payroll Analyst Interview

Lake Mary, FL (US)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in February 2014.

Interview Details This is a very long process. Expect it to take at least 4-6 weeks. First, their recruiting department will contact you and ask a few questions. If that goes well, they will schedule a phone interview for the following week. Then if that goes well, they will email you links to fill out a formal application and schedule an in-person interview. Again, this was for the following week. At the interview (a Thursday) I was told the next step was their 'selection' process, which was going to be at a meeting the following Monday, and if selected, they will call. I received the call with a job offer that Wednesday. You have 48 hours to accept or not. And if you do, you also have 48 hours (from the time of the phone offer, not from the time you accept) to complete a drug screening. They will email you all the info and instructions, and the offer etc. If you decline the offer, you can not apply again for 1 year. There was no salary negotiation. It's simply you accept or decline. They will also email you a consent form for you to allow a full background and credit check. This includes verifying your college degree too. After all back ground checks and drug screen results are complete, you'll receive a call (mine took another week, I've heard it can be longer, based on whether former employers and colleges reply quickly) with your start date. My start date was another 3 weeks! Total process from 1st call to start date= 6 weeks!!

Interview Question – The most difficult was actually my question to them about salary. They will only give you a range. And tell you 'based on experience', then of course it's the low end. When I questioned this during my offer, the HR clerk felt uncomfortable replying. I could tell she was rehearsed in her comments and replies.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate. But right now they are hiring so many people that I think once they figure out what positions and where they want us, there may ( I hope) be some salary adjustments. The new headquarters in Lake Mary is the location I am referring to. It will be totally accounting and payroll, so we may be moved around quite a bit, until they learn our abilities and we learn their process. I feel they are sincere in fostering growth and promotions and encourage people to move up. That's why I accepted, to get in on the ground floor.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon interview questions and advice. All 440 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Verizon employees and interview candidates.