Verizon Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
509 interviews

2.9

Health and Wellness Coordinator Interview

I applied online for the position which was posted on a well known career website. I received a call about 2 weeks later from one of the representatives at the corporate site. Since my supervisor was located in Virginia, I was only interview via phone and was hired 1 week later.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would perform with limited supervision. After I took the position I realized that it meant I would only have contact with my supervisor and other co-workers via email and phone.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tampa, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Verizon in February 2010.

pretty hard the company is very picky about who they choose to work there but it is very hard to get fired once you are on you are there

Director Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

Very rigorous interview process. HR is driving it to be 100% behavioral-based. Questions have been standardized for each job title. Recruiters are overloaded and very slow to respond. So are the HR Business Partners.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked four separate times if EVRYTHING on my application was truthful. And then they came back and compared what I told them with what was on my application and what the background check showed, even for very minor discrepancies. Not unusual to have to provide a W2.   Answer Question
    There is limited room to negotiate. I had very high leverage and only got an additional $5k/year + $10k signing bonus.

Lead Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Highlands Ranch, CO (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highlands Ranch, CO (US)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Verizon in May 2012.

I was placed into Verizon through Disys, a horrible contracting company. My contact at Verizon wanted to hire me as a FTE right away, but his management made him go through a very scummy contracting company. I was treated well by Verizon and terribly by Disys. The interview process was bizarre: I was asked no technical questions at all. They tried to convert me to an employee (at a rank ABOVE even MTS-4) but neither my boss, nor his, nor even his above him the director, was allowed to hire anyone. I ended up in a lead position and then two years after I was brought on, senior management freaked out and fired all IT contractors and a huge number of regular employees, even from groups that were growing and profitable like mine. We were in the middle of a release, and I was their lead and their defacto release manager. My director was told he could keep me, but they went behind his back and fired every single contractor, reneging on their word to him. I could have walked at that point, but I had friends on the team, so I put in 120 hours in the remaining 8 days (including a holiday) trying to get the release into shape and making sure everything was covered. I was doing the job of three people there, and everyone was devastated. I got a nice going-away party etc etc etc. Upper management are fools for treating creative staff like interchangeable parts; the layoff culture there is poisonous. That even my director was not dealt with honestly by upper management gives me no confidence in them whatsoever. That said, everyone I worked with at Verizon on my immediate team, and management to the first three levels above me, were all great people. But everything above them is a madhouse. They keep making fewer people do more and more work, and it doesn't hold together. The technical debt is staggering.

Interview Questions
    • The oddest question was whether I understood that they were a big company. They did not ask actual programming questions. I wish they had: the overseas elements were very very bad programmers, and us onshore people were constantly having to mop up after them.   View Answer
    I negotiated for higher pay, which Verizon were quick to say yes to. However, Disys docked me for health care I didn't receive, even including overtime (but charged Verizon the full amount), so it didn't work out very well. Contract work is being misused here by both parties, and the government needs to crack down on it.

Customer Service Representative Interview

The process was 2 phone interviews the first one were trying to get to know about me and why I wanted to work for the company. The second interview I was given situational scenerios and asked to give examples on how I resolved the issues.

Customer Service Representative Verizon Call Center Interview

I applied for the position on a Thursday, received an email to have a preliminary interview which was the following Monday, it went great and was asked to take the assessment test Wednesday, after test, I had a f2f interview which went great, received a call the same night stating they wanted to offer me the job. Waiting for the background and Drug Screening. I know they will return without a problem.

Interview Questions
    • Where would you like to be in 3 or 4 years?

What if questions....

Selling Wireless info
        Answer Question

Business Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon in August 2014.

1st phone interview went well. Next interview scheduled for this friday - exactly 30 days after initial interview. It went extremely well and I feel that I will be given an offer at my next interview.

Sales Associate Interview

First there is a phone interview where you will be asked about your back round and general questions about selling. You will always go over your resume at this time and talk about your sales experience. Be ready to describe situations where you were successful in making a sale.

Interview Questions
    • What was a situation where you change someones mind during a sale?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Newark, NJ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ (US)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon.

battery exam; math, alpha and numeric matching, similar to Military entrance exam, then 1on1 interview; drug testing; medical exam, background checks, then Final Offer. Once you pass the initial exams, it's just basic corporate procedures, just as in any big company.

Interview Questions
    • None...just listen carefully to questions and think before you answer   Answer Question
    Use your experiences and show how it can benefit the company so you can negotiate a higher starting pay

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon in May 2014.

There was one face to face interview. Questions asked were either situational or behavioral. I was told immediately of next steps and was I was pleased those steps were followed exactly.. I did not receive a job offer but I don't feel that I was as prepared as I should have been. It was my first interview in years and I was more nervous and clueless than I realized going in. Lesson learned: research different types of situational questions and come up with a few examples. The same example kept popping up in my head and I use it too much.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach learning a new area/subject? Tell me something about yourself that isn't on your resume. How do you motivate others? Tell me about a time you worked on multiple assignments or a project with changing responsibilities.   Answer Question

Worked for Verizon? Contribute to the Community!