Verizon Wireless

Average Difficulty
159 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Customer Service Representative

I interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2010.

Interview Details There is a phone interview with an HR Recruiter and if you pass that you are asked in for a formal interview with a supervisor in the department you are interviewing for. They use STAR format so be prepared with REAL LIFE examples. They are almost all behavioral type questions.

Interview Question – The most difficult questions are usually the conflict ones for people. Do not say you never have conflict as we all do at some point and that makes it sound like you are either hiding something or that possibly you do not/can not handle your own conflicts with others and therefore others are having to solve for you or you allow problems to go on without doing anything about them. Also, make sure you know their mission statement and Core Values. You can Google them, but typically they also send to you in email prior to your first phone interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You can negotiate, but I did not as I didn't know that until after I started working there. I started working there when I was 19 and was not familiar or experienced with negotiating salaries at that time. However, I later became and manager and did hiring so the 2 tips I will give is never ask about it in the phone interview and second be reasonable based off the job and not so much your work history. There are millions of applicants for these positions at all times and VZW has an amazing compensation plan when you add everything up with the benefits you get so keep that in mind.

Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Interview Details The interview process took about 3 weeks from start to finish. Got a email July 10/14 from a recruiter who said I had made it to the second stage of the hiring process. Had a phone interview about a week later.
Passed the phone interview and she set up an appointment for me to do a skills exam. The exam is about 2 hrs long and has things like data entry, listing to phone calls and rating the customer service as well as reading comprehension.
Afterwards she told me I had passed. Made an appointment for a face to face. The interview was not very long they asked me about 4 questions and they wanted them answered in STAR format. Afterwards they gave me a tour of the facility and offered me the job. Best advice I can give is do not lie on your application about anything. If you have anything on your criminal record or have something on your background that you think will prevent you from getting hired just be up front with them.

Interview Question – Name a time when customer was not pleased with your companies customer service. what was the situation and what did you do to resolve?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation accept or decline

Houston, TX (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Interview Details 2 phone interviews and 2 in-person. First was very basic phone call (less than 10 minutes) where I was asked to give an example of how I would sell a Bluetooth speaker. Second phone was more questions about my experience and how to handle hypothetical customer/employee interactions.

1st in person was two managers reading questions from a script (5 year plan? Biggest area of opportunity for you? Biggest strength,...). 2nd interview was with district manager, who asked about how I would be a team player, 5 year plan, and how I would be pro-Verizon for all my life et al.

All in all, a very simple and expected corporate model for interviews. Nothing surprising and nothing bad.

Interview Question – Nothing to report. Read any "interview guide" ever made and you will get a very clear sense of what will happen here. One tip: Look up the company motto and be thoroughly versed in the wording to make yourself stand out. Buzz words work in this line of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. This is a major company with a one-size-fits-all entry pay for every level of employment and experience set. I happened to be on the top end of the experience so I got offered as much as they could.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2010.

Interview Details first is a phone screening, if you pass, 1 in-store interview, maybe 2 depending on what the managers are looking for. Final interview is with HR. The whole process from application to final interview took about a month.

Interview Question – This company asks many situational based questions. They ususally start with. "Tell me about a time..." They also ask the usual what are yur greatest strengths and weaknesses.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiating

Tampa, FL (US)

Interview Details I submitted my application and resume online and received an email from a recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled for a few days later and the recruiter asked a couple of star behavioral questions and asked about my experience. At the end of the call she asked me to schedule and assessment at the Tampa location. I took the assessment and didn't finish ALL of the portions and was escorted out when I was done without a word on whether I passed or not. The following day I received a call advising that I passed the assessment and that they wanted a face to face interview as soon as possible. Being a Tuesday I went ahead and scheduled the interview for the following day. I interviewed with a Tech support manager and the director of the call center and they asked numerous behavioral questions,experience questions,and then had me listen to a couple of call snippets and critique and answer questions about it. I then left the interview without an offer and no idea as to how well I did. The director seemed surprised that I'd been out of the workforce for a little while even though I'd clearly communicated that to the original recruiter so that was kind of awkward. It's now almost a week later and still haven't heard anything.

Interview Question – Listening to calls and giving a critique and answering questions about it.   Answer Question

Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

Interview Details Interviewed with Verizon July 2014. I was emailed saying I made it to the first stages of the interview process which was a phone interview. I made an appointment for a phone interview 3 days later. I passed the interview and was scheduled to take the assessment after the interview was over. I took the assessment the following day. I waited after the assessment was over & I was told I passed. I was asked if I wanted to move to the next stage of the interview process. I told them yes. I was told I would be contacted within the next day or two, but it took them 5 days. I'm scheduled for my final interview tomorrow. Will update.
UPDATE: I had my final interview & I was offered a position on the spot. I was pretty nervous, but I always kept a smile on my face. All the questions I prepared for, they didn't ask. The final question was why should we hire you? They only asked 4 questions total. They first three were situational. Tell me a time when....? Make sure you use the star format. After the questions we did a role play. I had to pick a device & sell it. I chose an iPhone. After the role play the interview was over. I asked several questions. I interviewed with the director & assistant director. Afterwards they gave me a tour of the call center. They spoke with me for a while about how everything operates. At that point I was feeling pretty confident. I was really engaging & they didn't hesitate to answer all my questions & tell me all the perks. After the tour, they made me wait in the lobby. They came back out five minutes later and offered me the job! My advice is smile at everyone while you're waiting in the lobby to be called for your interview. I happen to speak to both of my interviewers without even knowing who they were, so my first impression was already made. Be confident! Know & understand the star format before your interview because you'll be required to answer all questions in that manner. Make sure you ask questions. I asked what a typical day would look like? What's the next steps in the interview process? And I asked my interviewers how long they had been with the company? They both seemed to love telling me about how they got to the position they were in.

Interview Question – Phone interview: Why Verizon? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me a time where you delivered exceptional customer service? Then we did a role play scenario.

Face to face: 3 situational questions (Name a time when..,?).
Why should me hire you?
Role play (sell me interviewer something of my choice).
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, but the pay is decent, the benefits are excellent, the discounts are unmatched & guaranteed a raise every year.

Greenville, SC (US)

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details Applies June 4, 2014
I received a email for a phone interview June 5, 2014
1st phone interview June 9, 2014
Assessment test June 11, 2014
2nd Phone interview June 11, 2014 (Yes the same day)
3rd interview (face to face) June 21, 2014
Accepted the job July 7, 2014
Start date August 25, 2014

Yes the process is long, but I feel like with any good job it is worth it. All the interviews lasted 30 minutes to a hour. The assessment test was about 2 hours. If you have basis computer skills the assessment test is easy to pass. The 2nd and 3rd interview ask the same questions. The 1st interview just asked about you work history and if you have a long break in between employment they ask why. They do face to face interviews 7 days a week (I was surprised). They ask for a college degree on the job description, but If you have any type of customer service skills you will get a call. Just make sure you fill the application out completely, and don't leave anything out. This includes any criminal background you may have. Good Luck to all that apply!

Interview Question – I didn't find anything difficult about the process. The wait is just long.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None, take it or leave it

Dublin, OH (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details It took me close to three weeks before being asked for the job out in Dublin Ohio. The reviews below are about the same as i went through:

(First week) First step was the phone screening which lasted 45 minutes (Tuesday). i get nervous regardless that i passed it and drenched my t-shirt lol. It was simple questions about your employment history, benefits that come with working at Verizon, can you work any type of hours, why you want to work here type of questions. I could can tell the phone interviewer was very 'scripted' as he was robotic sounding over the phone. Working in another call center myself, i can understand that we have guidelines of how professional we must be but, there was zero emotion in his tone. Very strict and i didn't want to lose an opportunity trying to 'loosen' him up.

(First week) After the phone screening, i was immediately asked to come up to the office to do an assessment same day. I was unable to therefore, it got scheduled two days later (Thursday). The Assessment was 7 parts which challenges you to focus, listen, read, and choosing the correct answer in the allotted time. I had two challenges with one being the listening part, containing 3 dialogues and selecting the best/moderate/worst answer. You may like answer 'A' and go with best choice, then when you listen to 'B', you may have a change of heart. This held me up for a bit and i didn't get a chance to completely finish the last one in time. The other one was multitasking which involved matching numbers while listening to a phone call and transferring that call to an available agent. I thought it would be fairly simple until you listen to the call, then as soon as you try to transfer it to the correct rep, they go unavailable haha. So i played with the numbers part until they went available and continued to do my best. It took me roughly 70-80 mins to complete. I passed and was asked if i wanted to do the in-person interview. I once again had to ask for a different date and was given next week.

(Second week) Verizon called me and asked if they could get me in earlier. I accepted to come in earlier. The in-person was basic knowledge of yours skills for the job, employment history, STAR questions, and listening to phone calls then asking a few questions on what you would have done better or if the rep went above the beyond sort of thing. I had a tiny bit of trouble keeping focus because I had my interview within the Supervisors cubicle. To the left, i could hear another Supervisor conducting an interview with somebody else, then behind me, there was a rep taking calls. I felt the interview went great. I was physically and mentally prepared for i wanted to take a big step forward career wise.

(Second week) I was told on the same week (Friday) that they wanted to offer me the job. Alright!!! Now i'm currently in the process of having the employment background/criminal check done. You have 48 hours to complete a drug test. They will e-mail you all of this information on who to call, and setting up your account.

(Third week) I received a phone call from there third party company 'Acheck' to provide some information. I submitted my drug text within this week and am now just awaiting for everything to clear. Since fourth of July is this week, i'm unsure if it will finish before this week or if i have to wait till next week. Either way, i'm pretty confident everything will be okay. Start date will be July 14th.

I felt a sense of pride when offered the job. You really believe you deserved it for not just anybody can pass an assessment/interview. I am excited and ready to work for Verizon.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Zero negotiation. They tell you what the salary base is going to be. Its even posted on the job posting.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details There is a standard phone screening. After this, you are then invited to take a rather lengthy series of exams and tests. Once this is completed, should you pass, you are then invited back for an interview with no less than two people. During this interview, you will be required to answer STAR questions, listen to calls and review them, and discuss your resume.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult, just STAR questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. You start at the bottom and they offer the start date and advise you of your salary.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!