Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated 19 Nov 2014
Updated 19 Nov 2014

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Applied online, got a call within a week for a phone interview. Called in for an in person interview. At that point took a computer test on my skills and personality. Then met with a floor supervisor. Then called to take a drug test at at lab. Got a call with an offer!

Interview Questions
    No negotiation in salary. Everyone started at 12.79 an hour.

Business Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Process took about 2 months. I submitted my resume through a job posting on the company website and heard back in a couple of weeks. The interview process was two rounds of interviewing plus a third interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you had to build a relationship where there was no previous relationship. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    They are pretty rigid with offers.

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I applied online and received an email from a recruiter about a month later to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview with the recruiter was the worst I have ever had. The recruiter was obviously going through the motions, and went way too quickly through her line of questioning. I had to ask her to repeat herself after each question. The interview literally took 5 minutes. Following that interview, I had another phone interview with the director of the region. That was a great interview, and lasted about a half hour. Following that, I was selected to do another phone teleconference interview with what would be, peer managers from across the region. I had to travel 6 total hours by car, and stay overnight, due to they scheduled it at 8am. I WAS NOT REIMBURSED FOR MY MILEAGE OR MY HOTEL STAY. The interview with the peers managers went well, and last about an hour. Following that interview, I was scheduled for another phone interview with the site director. This was a basic interview format, and lasted about a half hour.

This set of interview went extremely fast. Following the month it took to be contacted, I completed all of these interviews within three weeks.

Following the last interview with the site director, I followed up with the director over the region and was informed that I did not receive an offer, however wanted to know if I was interested in a manager position in a different state.

Interview Questions
    • Everything is in STAR format, and they want to have real-life examples, and focus on the action and results.   Answer Question

Step 1 ) Phone interview
    2) Store interview
    3) get job and start 2 weeks later in nyc for training

The job is great and i think if you have the opportunity you should definitely take it , you get PTO and the benefits are immaculate , the 401 k plan rocks and its a technology company thats probably gonna run the world one day.

No negotiating

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I first applied to Verizon on October 7th, 2014. The online application is kind of long but it was fairly easy. There was a couple online assessments to take that I passed immediately after applying. I got contacted by an HR rep the next morning via email to set up the first over the phone interview. He didn't call when he said he would to set up the time for the interview so I had to call him and let him know I'm still interested in the position. He apologized and said he has been very busy and still have every intention on calling me. During that phone call we set up the date/time for the first over the phone interview that would be conducted by him. We set it up for the following Thursday and he sent me an email with the Verizon credo and also info about one of their products of the month, be sure to study that stuff and have it sitting in front of you during the phone interview. He called when he said he would that Thursday and the over the phone interview with him lasted about an hour. He was very pleasant and asked me normal STAR/behavioral based interview questions and then we did a couple role plays, one role play where he was a tech savvy customer and one where he didn't know much about technology. He was very pleased with my role plays and my interview and immediately set me up for a face to face interview with a regional manager the following week on a Tuesday. He also told me to study the verizon credo, come dressed in a suit, go to the location where i'll be interviewing at and introduce myself to the store manager and let him know ill be apart of the interviewing process the following day and also to research behavioral based interview questions. I did everything he asked of me and I passed the face to face interview with flying colors. The manager was really cool, she asked me more STAR/behavioral based interview questions like "tell me a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?" Those questions came pretty easily to me since I have so much customer service experience. At the end of the interview I asked her whats the next step in the hiring process and she said that she will be making her hiring decisions that night and i would promptly hear about it within the next few days. The next day I got a call from another HR rep and she said that she wanted to set up another phone interview with me the following day. I set up the interview with her and she called when she said she would the next day. She was also very pleasant and asked me the same type of questions I was asked previously. She then wanted to set up a final phone interview with me the following week. That "interview" wasn't an actual interview, it was the job offer call contingent on a background test and drug test. I had originally applied for a fulltime position but they instead placed me in a part time position but said i could move up within 6 months so thats what I plan to do. They started the background check that day and 2 weeks later (which is today) I got a call from an HR rep and she said my background/drug test went through and I am cleared to start training November 17th! This whole process was grueling and gut wrenching, I was so stressed out the entire time since their background checks are so extensive, one little thing that you were off about on your application/resume and they can disqualify you for the position so BE CAREFUL when telling them past employment dates and also be honest about your past criminal record or driving record. They will find everything so no use in hiding anything, it will just disqualify you. Verizon doesn't play around, their background checks are like a step below federal, so be prepared to have past W2's or whatever else you need so you can send it to the background check company (A-Check) if needed. My background check took 2 weeks to complete so dont be alarmed in yours takes that long too. I was so relieved when I got my phone call today telling me that I'm cleared to start training! It was like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders! Good luck to everyone applying and stay positive!

Interview Questions
    • "What stood out to you the most about the Verizon credo?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation, they already have all salaries set.

Technical Support Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

After holding the position of customer service rep for almost two years (in good standing) I applied for an open technical support position in my call center. I submitted my resume and got called to take an assessment test to gauge my knowledge on computer hardware and software terms. I was concerned I did not do a good job on the assessment so you can imagine my excitement when I got called in for an interview. The interview consisted on how I would handle customers' technical questions and ask me to also described (in detail) the steps needed to back up a customer's iPhone to the cloud.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you would handle a customer that calls in after their phone breaks down and wants to back up their phone.   View Answer
    No negotiations took place. There is a formula VZW HR department has that determines your pay increase. I would say not to worry about it. After working for other big named corporations (Disney and Bank of America) I found VZW the most fair and base
    Pay increases based in your job performance and merit.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Hiring process is usually very long, required at least 4 interviews. The first was over the phone, the next was in person and for testing, the next was also in person, and the last was over the phone basically telling me that I had the job.

Verizon Wireless Call Center Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I went through the application process online first then I did an online interview an went to the next step. Which was the on site two hour online computer assessment then if you pass you go on to the last interview face to face. If you do not pass assesment then you will not be interviewed after. Very nice people looks like a great work environment.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the work place is very fast paced an a fellow employee needs your help but you are busy taking care of you're assignment.   View Answer
    N/A

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

In this order there was:
    1) Online Application
    - Very simple. Straight forward. Basic candidate information. Fill in the blank questions, upload resume.
    2) Phone Screening
    - Basic phone screening. They go over the job with you then ask questions pertinent to the job and your resume. Many of the questions will ask about your sales and customer experience experience. They will also ask you questions based off of PDFs they asked you to read involving the company Credo, and the item of the month. Be sure to read them. There may be a roleplay involved.
    3) In person interview with a Hiring Manager
    - He will ask you similar questions as the phone screen, test your existing knowledge of verizon and phone companies, and about what other services verizon offers other than phones.
    4) In person interview with a store manager and an assistant manager
    - At this stage of the interview process, you're most likely already accepted. The hiring manager must've liked you, so you're already going to get the job. The store managers only want to talk to you so they can make sure you'll function well in the store. The best thing to do here is to mirror the energy level of the person leading the interview. If they're energetic, you should be energetic as well.
    5) Preliminary Job Offer with the Hiring Manager (3)
    - You will be made a verbal job offer contingent on passing a background check
    6) Background Check
    -Five things I believe are checked.
    -Drug Screening
    -Employment Check
    -Diploma/Degree Check
    -Criminal Check
    Citizen status/Able to work in the U.S. check
    7) Finalized Job Offer
    -You made it!
    -There is two weeks of mandatory training. One week of training in a group along with orientation, and one week of training for product knowledge in your actual store.