Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated 20 Apr 2015
1,053 Interview Reviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (Charlotte, NC (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

On April 11, 2015 I sent my resume into an employee that works for Verizon in Jacksonville, FL. On April 13, 2015 I received an email from a lady that I assume is with corporate, inviting me to do an Online Video Interview. After completing this interview I haven't heard anything back, its only been a couple days, and im unsure what the process is for them. A lot of people I've read about have done phone interviews, and I haven't read from anyone that they have done and online video interview, im not sure If I should consider that like a phone interview? im hoping to hear back soon.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the greatest, would you rate your knowledge of technology?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Dublin, OH (US)).

Interview

I was called first and screened for an interview that way. After I passed the screening I went in person to the interview. I first met with a person in HR and took a customer service test and then I met with a person from HR. After I passed that part of the interview, I met with a Manager in Customer Care.

Interview Questions

• I remember being asked behavior based questions such as "describe a time when..." and "how do you deal with..."   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Murfreesboro, TN (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview lasted 30 mins. She went over my resume. Gave me job description. Asked why I wanted job. Asked opinion of credo and job description video, link was sent upon interview scheduling. Asked 3 behavioral questions, have to use star format. Told I passed to next interview level, assessment.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when u had to work under deadline? Describe a time when u had to multitask? Describe a time when you had to apply something you learned to work environment?   Answer Question

Sales Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Lengthy, multiple interviews, tough thought provoking questions that cannot be answered generically. Deep dive into specific past results, philosophy, problem solving skills, hypothetical scenarios, etc. Interviews with HR, Director Level mgmt, Peer level mgmt.
    Extensive background check, federal, state, previous employers. Results, positions, employment dates all verified.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of target revenue will you consistently deliver, starting when and specifically how?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Applied and got a call from a recruiter after a week or so. Set up a first interview about a week later over the phone. After the phone interview it took about three weeks before I heard anything from anyone. I assumed I hadn't gotten the position and continued looking elsewhere when I got another call scheduling an in person interview for about a week later. All in all it was a pretty long process. Interviews consist of a lot of scenario based questions as well as questions about how you work as a teammate and what you know about technology and the company as far as their values go. Don't plan on a quick process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a customer solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2015.

Interview

I received an email with a couple attachments. During the interview I was asked about the Verizon Credo, and about the product of the month. The initial phone screening led to a call later in the day for an interview with the local store manager next week. The interview went well and hopefully I will receive an offer during the final interview next week.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to role play the sale of a product, to both a tech savvy consumer, and a consumer who really didn't understand technology.   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Verizon Wireless (Alpharetta, GA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

1. Phone Interview
    I received an email from Verizon to set up a phone interview. In that email, they attach a document that has: what the job will consist of, a video link to show you the atmosphere, and a little bit about the company and it's credo. The document also contained salary and other benefits should you be hired. The phone interview was pretty simple, they discuss a little bit of your resume, talk about the position and a little bit of what the hours would be. They ask you how familiar you are with wireless technology. They also ask you why you want to work there and maybe a few general interview-type questions that I don't quite remember. They will definitely ask about the company credo, so make sure you read that. They'll ask which one is your favorite or which one is the most important to you. Also be sure to watch the video. I didn't get a chance to watch the video, so after I reluctantly told her that, she didn't ask me anything about it. She talked about salary, which was set at 28K a year, but said something about how a degree and experience may have an affect on it.

2. Assessment
    Shortly after that, I received a email conversation for the assessment. The assessment is broken into 7 sections and there is a time limit. I believe the max time for the entire process is 90 minutes, though each section has it's own time limit. Not all sections have time limits, but most of them do. One section consist of those questions that you strongly disagree/agree. Another section consist re-typing a sentence as fast and accurately as you can. There is also a part where they play the audio and you have to type what you hear. Another section consist of matching numbers within a grid of numbers. Another section consists of audios of customer complaints and based on the knowledge provided for that customer, you must figure out which option is best. Another section is you listening to customer complaints and directing them to the right operator while at the same time looking at a set of a numbers and clicking match/no match. There's another section that involves fishing, which is mostly word problem solving. If A and B are this then what you need to catch C? That's all that I remember. It took me about an hour to finish the entire test, the lady said I passed.

3. Interview
    The interview was not as hard as I thought it would be. There was one recruiter doing the interview and she was very nice. She talked about the position a little bit and asked if I was to move forward in the process, did I need any particular days off in the next 3 months. This was because the training is 3 months long and has very specific days/hours. I told her that was fine and I hadn't planned anything. The interview didn't follow the typical style that most do. They didn't ask me to tell them about myself and my story or anything like that. She did ask why I wanted to work there and what's the best part of this position and what would be the biggest challenge. She asked where my knowledge was with wireless technology. Also asked about which apps I use and which operating system I was familiar with. One STAR question was asked. Tell me about a situation in your previous job where there was an unforeseen issue and how you handled it. The interview then moved to role base situation, where the interviewer played a customer and I was the customer service specialist. Two more of these were done, the latter two you were given pieces of paper that had information you would need to address the customer issues. Another task that was assigned to us was to sell the interviewer a piece of technology that we use or have used. That was mostly it. The interviewer actually talked for the most part during the interview. When the interview was basically completed, I asked questions of my own about pay and other benefits. While she answered, she told me she was sending all my information to HR. I took that as a good sign. At the end of the interview, she said if I was selected, they would contact me in the next few days. 3 hours later I received a call with a job offer. They were able to increase my salary to 32K along with many other benefits. Obviously a drug test was required within 48 hours, along with a background check. Make sure your resume is correct, as they will do a complete background check and verify your job history and salary. The background check people, a couple days later, asked for a recent pay stub and a W2 from a few years ago. A day later, I got a call to say everything is clear and to officially welcome me to the company. That was followed by an email confirmation with information about the first day and to create my ID.

And that's pretty much it. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• A situation in your life or job where there was an unforeseen issue and what you did to overcome it?   1 Answer

Systems Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless (San Diego, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Human resource checked some basic information and set up phone interview schedule. One manager and two technical staff had phone interview with me. Interview went smoothly and waiting for response.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview

Applied online, received email from recruiter asking to set up a time for a phone interview.
    Had a negative experience with the particular recruiter. She didn't get my email about my preferred times, and I had to call her.

The interview was about 25 minutes long, and at the end she told me that I would be moving on to the next stage, but for a position which I had not applied for (I applied for Network/IT and they placed me in CS/Development when I had no experience in it). She realized this about a week after the interview and asked for my resume so she could forward it to the Network/IT hiring manager. I have not heard back from them despite repeatedly following up for the past few months.

Interview Questions

• What are you short term and long term plans?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to intern with Verizon Wireless?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you had to work with a challenging member of a team, how did you cope with it?   Answer Question