Verizon Wireless Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Little Rock, AR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2014.

The process had three main stages: A phone interview, an assessment and a final in-person interview.

I applied online with Verizon 14 days prior to being hired. I received an email from a representative asking me to provide a pair of days followed with times that I would be available for a phone interview. After that was done, I received a second email confirming my interview date and time. They also provided me with some information to look over before the interview.

I received a phone call from the person I was scheduled to interview with on the appropriate date at the appropriate time described in the confirmation email. The interview went something along these lines: A discussion of work history, a few questions about why I desired to work at Verizon Wireless, an overview of the job, as well as about five behavioral-based questions that I had to answer in the STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, Result). This interview was about 45 minutes long. At the end of the interview, I was invited to attend the on-site skills assessment at the location I would be working upon successful hire. I was given several date options and two time options; 10AM and 2PM. I accepted and came in on the soonest possible date at 2PM. I was told to arrive 10 minutes early, bring a valid photo ID with me to the assessment and dress professionally.

Upon arrival on the assessment date, I was greeted at the front desk and given a name sticker after showing them my ID. I waited with two other candidates in the front until finally being taken back to the assessment room and having the process explained by a Verizon Wireless employee. The entire assessment is taken on company computers.

We were given an 1 hour and 45 minutes to complete the entire assessment. It was divided up into seven parts.

Upon passing the assessment, I went back to the front waiting area and was eventually pulled back and informed that I had passed. I was then given a list of available days and times to be interviewed in person. Again, I selected the soonest possible date.

The interview was with a supervisor from the call center where I would be working. It was similar to the phone interview in that we discussed my work history and Verizon Wireless' benefits as well as my reason for wanting to work at Verizon. She asked me a single behavior-based question, but it didn't require a STAR-formatted response. After that, we jumped into three role play scenarios which I had to improvise. The first one was to sell her anything in this room. I chose to sell her my iPhone. For the next two role plays, I was given a sheet to look over. On one side were three cell phone options with various add-ons and on the other were three wireless plans with varying degrees of minutes and data, as well as more add-ons. The next role play was that of me taking a call for an upset customer who's cell phone bill is too high. The final role play is a mother who is ready to upgrade her phone and wants phones for her two teens. Just handle these the best you can. More likely than not, you will not get some of these role play scenarios.

Upon successfully complete the interview I was told to expect a call within three days. On day number two after the interview, I was called and given a conditional offer of employment. I had to submit to a background check as well as complete drug testing within 48 hours. Just follow all of the instructions the recruiter gives on the phone and read through the emails and complete any required actions and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had a difficult task and little time to accomplish it, what did you do?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. The salary is set in stone from the beginning.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melrose Park, IL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melrose Park, IL (US)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

I had a two stage interview. First, was a phone interview just to get to know me and my goals. Second interview was an overview of my resume and what have I accomplished.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate after my three month probation.

Customer Care Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Phone interview just to make sure you were available and able to work, then computer test. If you pass the computer test you will get an interview with 2-3 HR personnel. STAR questions, situation, task, action taken, results style interview.

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Georgetown, SC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Georgetown, SC (US)

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in August 2014.

Applied online on 8/5/14. Recieved an email with details about the job details, benefits, salary etc. and was told to make an appointment for the phone interview. I schedule my interview for 9/1 but had to reschedule due to it being a holiday. Had my phone interview that Wednesday. We went over my application and reaume. I was told I would know their decision within 7 days by email. They emailed me on 9/11 and informed me of their decision

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Verizon Wireless?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative, Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cordova, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in September 2014.

Applied online, got a call from a recruiter and set up a phone interview. They just ask you questions about previous employment and some STAR questions. I found this format to be super helpful because it helped me form my answer the way they want it. Passed the phone interview and they had me come in the next day for an assessment. It takes a little over an hour and there are questions that have you rate if you agree or disagree and likely or not likely, listening to calls and rating responses on a scale of poor to good, listening to and reading sentences and typing them the same way, then looking at a picture and looking at certain criteria to answer questions and lastly listening to phone calls and transferring them to the proper department and at the same time checking to see if numbers are the same or different. By far the most I have ever done in a job assessment. Passed the assessment now waiting to schedule a face to face interview.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in December 2010.

Applied online. Took about two months before I go any feedback! However, in my time there, I saw things done differently based on need. They emailed me asking to schedule a phone interview within a few days or so. A few days after the interview, they emailed me again, asking me to do a face to face at the corporate headquarters here in Houston. That interview in reality, was a job fair. I interviewed with 3 different managers that day, and got some basic questions about my background, as well as "tell me about a time" questions. The next day, I got a call from HR telling me that I was hired on at location A. 10 minutes later, I got a call saying that I actually got hired on at location B. I started at location B about a week and a half later. I trained on location for two week before heading to corporate training, which lasted 2 weeks. On my last day of corporate training, the manager from location B called to tell me I was going to work at location A. It turns out I was hired by both managers, and the district manager assigned me to the wrong store. It was a little bit messy, but not discouraging

Interview Questions
    • They weren't really "difficult." They were mostly asking me to describe a time when I had a problem with a customer, or when I solved a problem, etc.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lansing, MI (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI (US)

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Worked with recruiters first, long response at store level; overall, 7 weeks from initial contact to hire, an additional 6 weeks to first day of work. A bit lengthy, I had to follow up and chase down answers.

Experience Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I applied at the end of July and 2 weeks later got an email saying that I had been selected for a phone interview. After a successful first phone interview, I was immediately told that someone from HR would be contacting me within 7-10 business days to schedule the second interview. I got a call the very next day and made my appointment for the second phone interview. I successfully passed the second interview as well, and was told that I would be moving on to a face to face interview with a store or district manager. A few days later, I was contacted by a store manager and went in for the interview (which only took about 20 minutes). I had a good feeling about this interview and the manager told me that the interview went really well in his opinion. A week later, I got an email from HR saying that I was a final candidate for the position and that they just had a few more questions for me. I got a call from HR later that day and was offered the position, contingent upon passing a background check. A few hours later I was contacted by A Check America and given some instructions for completing a drug test and questions about my previous positions. I got a call the next day, saying that I was actually hired for a different position that was previously offered, but paid more... so I happily accepted. I got my confirmation call today and I start on Monday. Awesome sauce!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time in your work or school, where you had to take on a leadership role and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate, although I feel that I would have been able to.

TELESALES Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Folsom, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2014.

The hiring went great! I was hired after two telephone interviews, an online assessment and a face to face interview that lasted 60 minutes. After the background check, and drug test. I was hired. The check took about 7 working days and it was pretty extensive.

Interview Questions
    there was no such thing as negotiation I accepted the offer right away.

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!