Verizon Wireless

710 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Credit Orders and Operations Representative Interview

Franklin, TN (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details I applied through career builder and was contacted within 2 days by a verizon recruiter. Within2 more days I had taken an onine personality assessment and behavioral assessment. Then 3 days later I had a phone interview with recruiter. Personality questions and scenario questions where in abundance. This was only about 15 minutes though. She then scheduled a face to face interview with a supervisor in the department i was interviewing for. The lady was very expressionless and by the book. The questions were all, "tell me a time when...". I couldn't tell if I done good or bad, but later that afternoon they scheduled a second in person interview 2 days away. We're 9 days in now. The second interview was by the department head and she was very nice. She was calm and soft spoken. She again asked scenario questions. I'm now waiting to hear back. This department is open10am-10pm 7 days and holidays. The center currently closes at 10pm. Overall great impression of company and excellent benefits including tuition reimbursement. Dress business professional for interviews.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you weren't able to help a customer. How did they react? And what did you do?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details Great communication throughout the process. Got interviewed at the Westlake, TX office. They offered public transportation which is nice. There were two interviews. One for technical and one for HR purposes. It was the big Interview Day and we were interviewed for opportunities nationwide

Interview Question – What experience do you have with wireless technologies?   Answer Question

Software Systems Engineer Interview

Chicago, IL (US)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details I had 4 rounds of interview, starting with Verizon's HR. The phone screening was very professional. In a weeks time, got a call for face to face interview. It was a long process, but very productive. I got to know the team members, composition and what was expected for the role.

My impression was that the interview process was protracted and I was under pressure to decide on a different offer.

Interview Question – Interview was interspersed with behavioral and scenario based questions. And, there was puzzle to solve! :)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I thought it was very straightforward. Did not face a need to negotiate.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details There are usually several phone interviews conducted for screening. The recruiter will usually ask typical interview questions to gather information from your employment background. If you successfully pass the phone interviews you will then be invited to a face to face interview with either a hiring manager for the district in which you are applying, or you may interview with the store manager from the store in which they may have the opening. Most of the questions they will ask will once again be similar to that of the general interview questions but sometimes you may have an interviewer that may improv their own set of questions. As long as you are customer focused and results oriented, you should pass. It would also help to be a little tech savvy or at least try to be as knowledgeable as possible about wireless technology.

Negotiation Details – Verizon Wireless Sales Positions are non-negotiable

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in March 2014.

Interview Details I applied online and they called to set up a phone interview. The recruiter never even looked at my resume. They had no idea I hadn't graduated college yet.

Interview Question – What are your short-term plans.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Salt Lake City, UT (US)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details The process requires a good resume, an interview, and basic computer testing. The interview process is a series of scenarios where you must give a specific example based on the question, detail what you did, and then tell what the results were. These questions vary with each interview. Most companies use the same interview process, so the more interviews you go on, the easier this becomes.

Interview Question – The hardest questions ask about a situation where you either made a mistake, or did not have the resources or information to resolve an issue.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really was no negotiation. I had little experience, and they were offering substantially more that I was currently making, that I practically did somersaults when I accepted!

Senior Retail Sales Representative Interview

Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2010.

Interview Details 3 part process: Phone screening, 2 face-to-face interviews. Took 3 weeks to get offer.

Interview Question – What animal would you be and why   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They low-balled my starting salary. I was able to use my experience and travel expenses to get what I wanted.

Washington, DC (US)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in April 2014.

Interview Details 1st Phone Interview: The interviewer asked standard interview questions. For example: What made you apply for this position? What is your sales experience and qualifications?

2nd Interview: Very similar to phone interview. There were questions like: What is your sales experience? Where do you see yourself in 10 years from now within the company (say something about being in the company)? Why should you be hired for this job?

Tip: During the in-store interview, be conscious of how you present yourself. Meaning maintain good eye contact, listen carefully, speak in a professional manner, etc.

Interview Question – Just make sure when they asked you "Where do you see yourself in 10 years" that your answer has something to do with working for the company. They ask this question because they want to make sure you don't quit in a short amount of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. I didn't try to negotiate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details The hiring process was very long! I originally applied online and was emailed to schedule a phone interview the same day. I scheduled it for 3 day later. When the recruiter contacted me she was very unprofessional. It seems as though she didn't want to do her job on a Saturday. She had her TV running in the back ground and gave off a nonchalant attitude. She then told me that if Verizon choose to proceed they would contact me via email in two days. Two days went by and still no email! I received the email 1 day before the hiring event. When i arrived the hiring event, almost 20 people were waiting to be checked in. Finally my name was called, I interviewed with a Jerk! apparently this guy is a store manager at one of the locations. He began to ask me a series of questions. I thought the interview was going great until he put his paper down and said,"it seems that you have worked for a lot of places, and these places have the same concept as Verizon and i don't the ink you understand who we are". i replied asking him what he was trying to imply. He stated i think you know where this is going, have you ever been to a hiring event? i stated yes, i have attended 3 and they were very similar to Verizon. So then he asked me how were they similar. I explained the process of speaking with recruiters, background check, panel interview, etc. He then asked me why should Verizon hire me? I gave my response and then he wrapped up by saying thank you and escorted me to the door. He put his had out and said Verizon will be in contact with you. I refused to shake his hand and walked out. I have never been turned down for a job, his interview style was absolutely unprofessional. To later hear form an employees that the manager stated that i belong behind a desk, i was very disappointed in Verizon that a manger would stereotype me in that manner. About a week later i received a phone cal form another recruiter. He was very professional and we were able to make a connection. He explained to me that they had filled all of the positions in my area but they had more in another district, I wasn't happy but I really wanted a fair chance at another interview so i decide to go. I was told to come to head quarters, to do the entire interview process all over again. The employees at headquarters more friendly. The interview was very long it took 3 hours. When i finished with the final interview process i wasn't told that i would be contacted, i think that the gentleman forgot. two days later i was contacted by another recruiter and was offered a position with Verizon.

Interview Question – Regular interview behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I expected about 4k more but i took what they offered.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details They typically hire Supervisors from within. There are very few positions in management that come from outside of the company. Please be dressed professionally although many of the locations have a casual dress code.

Interview Question – They ask you behavioral based questions. Answer honestly. Tell me about a time when you had conflicting priorities.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Verizon Wireless

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!

Verizon Wireless Videos

Verizon Wireless – Why Work for Us?

Verizon Wireless is....YOU. Our customers. Our suppliers. The communities we serve. Our employees. We are a company that is truly a reflection of the world around us: diverse, high-energy, inquisitive, moving forward… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Verizon Wireless interview questions and advice. All 710 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Verizon Wireless employees and interview candidates.