Verizon Wireless

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Interview Details I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2010.

Interview Details General interview process. Phone then in person. General interview process. Phone then in person. General interview process. Phone then in person. General interview process. Phone then in person. General interview process. Phone then in person.

Interview Question – Previous situations that stressed you, and how you resolved them.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details Your resume will be reviewed for key words in Customer Service related jobs. Need to have at least 6 months of consistent employment to get hired most cases
1. First interview may be over the phone
2. Interview take a computer assessement where you are to use an interactive customer call to see if you can take calls accurately with a 80% accuracy rate.
3. If you passed the assessement most people are called in to interview with a Supervisor in the Call Center and an HR Rep.
4. Then you will be called for drug screen and background check.
5. Training is about 6 weeks good training.
6. Must pass training tests with 80% or better on online and classroom assessements all test are on computer so the employee needs to go to Youtube to learn basic word and if you have those skills and have patience you should do well.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you had an unreasonable request from a customer and how did you respond. Good answer is Respond positively and never get upset with a customer they are not upset with your they are upset with the situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary is set at the average rate for entry level CSR in the surrounding area

Solution Specialist Interview

Solution Specialist
Austin, TX (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in February 2012.

Interview Details There were a lot of questions about sales and commission experience. Role play and scenarios to which you had to adapt. Thorough explanation of prior work and what was accomplished

Interview Question – where do you see yourself within the company 5 years from now   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – it took 2 phone calls to ensure that i got the right offer. had to prove i was fluent in spanish

Global Enterprise Advisor Interview

Global Enterprise Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in May 2014.

Interview Details It took a month for all the process to get completed. One has to do an assessment to be abel to get an interview, the assessment consist on creating an action plan to help a mock interview in three categories: Self Serve Utilization, Churn and Customer Relation. After submitting the assessment it can take up to two week to get the first round of interviews. The first round consist on two supervisor doing the STAR format interview. After a week the second round consist on the Associate Director and a Supervisor.

Interview Question – Sometimes complex projects require additional expertise. Describe a situation where you had to request help on one of your projects or assignments?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there were no negotiations

BSC Coordinator Interview

BSC Coordinator

Interviewed at Verizon Wireless

Interview Details They call and schedule a phone interview. This is followed by a computer testing interview. Finally an in person interview at the end. They then follow up with an offer and two months of training.

Interview Question – All questions are related to work experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No but they offered me more than I expected.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details THe process was not too challenging, you have to take a few test and quizzes...they ask a lot of 5 star questions. I had to take a computerized test, then go in for an interview, if you do well on the initial interview, you will be invited back for an interview with the district manager. Overall, the process was not bad, you must be prepared to talk a lot about sales.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Rancho Cordova, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

Interview Details Interviewed with Verizon July 2014. I was emailed saying I made it to the first stages of the interview process which was a phone interview. I made an appointment for a phone interview 3 days later. I passed the interview and was scheduled to take the assessment after the interview was over. I took the assessment the following day. I waited after the assessment was over & I was told I passed. I was asked if I wanted to move to the next stage of the interview process. I told them yes. I was told I would be contacted within the next day or two, but it took them 5 days. I'm scheduled for my final interview tomorrow. Will update.
UPDATE: I had my final interview & I was offered a position on the spot. I was pretty nervous, but I always kept a smile on my face. All the questions I prepared for, they didn't ask. The final question was why should we hire you? They only asked 4 questions total. They first three were situational. Tell me a time when....? Make sure you use the star format. After the questions we did a role play. I had to pick a device & sell it. I chose an iPhone. After the role play the interview was over. I asked several questions. I interviewed with the director & assistant director. Afterwards they gave me a tour of the call center. They spoke with me for a while about how everything operates. At that point I was feeling pretty confident. I was really engaging & they didn't hesitate to answer all my questions & tell me all the perks. After the tour, they made me wait in the lobby. They came back out five minutes later and offered me the job! My advice is smile at everyone while you're waiting in the lobby to be called for your interview. I happen to speak to both of my interviewers without even knowing who they were, so my first impression was already made. Be confident! Know & understand the star format before your interview because you'll be required to answer all questions in that manner. Make sure you ask questions. I asked what a typical day would look like? What's the next steps in the interview process? And I asked my interviewers how long they had been with the company? They both seemed to love telling me about how they got to the position they were in.

Interview Question – Phone interview: Why Verizon? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me a time where you delivered exceptional customer service? Then we did a role play scenario.

Face to face: 3 situational questions (Name a time when..,?).
Why should me hire you?
Role play (sell me interviewer something of my choice).
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, but the pay is decent, the benefits are excellent, the discounts are unmatched & guaranteed a raise every year.

Release Engineer Interview

Release Engineer
Warren, NJ (US)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Verizon Wireless in June 2014.

Interview Details I graduated with a computer science degree, and someone from school said that there was a position open at Verizon Wireless for someone like me. I applied for the job thinking it would involve development, but it ended up being an IT job. I was not very interested in the job. They saw that I didn't want to do IT so the interview kind of just faded out.

Interview Question – There were no technical questions, they were just asking about my previous work.   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Retail Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Interview Details must apply online at verizonwireless.com and go to career.

Recruiter will call to extend an interview invitation or you will receive a decline letter

you will be asked a number of "scenario questions", ei. "what would you do if...." or "tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?" etc.

Hiring is really left up to the District Manager, seldom left up to the actual store manager

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to bend the rules to accomplish something?   View Answer

Worked for Verizon Wireless? Contribute to the Community!