Verizon Wireless

Updated 23 Feb 2015
Updated 23 Feb 2015
1,005 Interview Reviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC (US)

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless in July 2014.

I applied for VZW on June 1or 2 2014 online, I got an email on June 24th thanking me for applying for VZW with attached job summary, work environment info, the company's credo and a short video and appointment dates to schedule your phone interview. Make sure to read all the information given especially the company's credo and watch the video because you will be asked about them. I scheduled my phone interview for June 30th, I was called on June 30th and the interview was just a pre-screen. He asked about my resume.He asked what did I like about the company's credo, how do I feel about the video and what did I like about it. He went over the job description and asked why do I want to work for Verizon. The interview lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, I was told I will be moving on to the next step in the interview process which was the assessment. I scheduled it for July 2, which was at 10:00am at the job location. The assessment is seven part. Keep in mind, each section of the assessment is timed. It took me about an hour and a half to finish it. If you have basic common sense and basic reading comprehension this assessment will be easy breezey. After I was done with the assessment I was taken out in the hall and was told I passed. They didnt have anymore time slots available for me to do the second phone interview (which was going to be face face) so I was told I will get a call to schedule my second interview. I got a call on July 8th to schedule my second phone interview which I scheduled it for July 9th at 4pm. Now the my second phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. She asked me 4 questions which had to be answered in the STAR format. The questions I dont remember but I know it was none of the questions I had prepared for lol. After that interview I was told that I will move on to my last interview which was face to face and again, someone will call me to schedule the interview. I got a call on July 11 for my face to face interview on July 15th. My last interview was a panel interview with two supervisors. They went over my resume again, asked me how many years customer service do I have.. why do I want to work for VZW, a few STAR questions maybe about 3 then listen to 4 phone calls and was asked 2 questions about how well the rep handled the call or what the rep could have done differently. The two supervisors I interviewed with were very nice, down to earth and funny (I guess I lucked up) After the interview I was told I would hear something within 7-10 day on whether or not I got the job. On July 16th I got a call from the hr rep who did my initial pre-screening interview. He went over my resume again to make sure my dates where correct. If your start dates at a previous employer are off by 2 or 3 months, its okay but my dates were accurate. He also asked about traffic violation within the past three years. If you have any with the three years, just give them the month and year. Do panic if you do, its not a driving position so it wont affect your ability in getting the job. I think they want to know if you will be honest. After that he went over the job description and salary. He then told me he want to offer me the position contingent on a background check and drug test. He went over my start date and asked which schedule did I want for training. About 10 minutes after the call I recieve an email to read and complete different forms and to contact A-check (the company that conducts the bg check) within 30 minutes of recieving the email. I didnt have to call A-check because they called me to schedule me for my drug test at Quest Diagnostics.( Note: if you will be out of your state for whatever reason when they contact you to take the drug test, you can have them to schedule it at any location nearest you.) You will have 48 hr to complete the drug test. I competed everything that same day. A-check will also send you an email to set up an A-check account and consent to the background check. I received a call on yesterday July 24 letting me know that my bg and drug test was received and im clear to start work on July 31. The process was extremely long and so is this review lol. I just wanted to give great detail on how my process went in hopes that it answer any questions you may have. Fyi..I was extremely nervous when going through my interviews and if you are someone that know you'll be nervous; my advice to you will be, to try not to show your nervousness, speak with complete confidence and know the STAR FORMAT. If you do these things trust me, you'll do just fine. I know this review is long but I hope it helps. Good Luck!!!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when someone you've worked with at a past job didnt follow company policies or procedures? What was your response or what did you do?   Answer Question
    I didnt negotiate, salary is set.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA (US)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless in January 2015.

So I had gotten tired of working at ATT so I decided to apply for Verizon because I heard they had better job advancement opps, better pay, and just an overall better company to work for.
    1) I applied on 12/22/2014 filled out online app & took assessment.Received an email the next morning asking for the best time to schedule a phone interview. Confirmed interview for that same day at 2 pm. They emailed me their Credo & the accessory of the month. REVIEW THESE MATERIALS BECAUSE THEY WILL ASK YOU QUESTIONS ABOUT IT. So study study study.

2) 12/23/14 conducted phone interview. She called on time, went over resume and online application. They are VERY paranoid & emphasize verifying employment history. After that had STAR format questions "tell me a time when" think of 5 situations you can flex to any type of situation. Have enthusiasm & make sure you talk about sales & how you can sale & you should pass. After that she asked about the credo & then we role played the Accesory of the month. Once completed she invited me to an I store interview.

3) 1/9/15 went in for in store interview. Dress professionally! And mirror the upbeat attitude that you had over the phone. Was interviewed by two managers from different stores. (These may of May not be your store managers) and a HR rep who I honestly believe was the DM. Pretty straightforward. They were very nice. Same questions as over the phone. "Tell me a time when" "how would you handle this" "where do you see yourself in a yr" "why Verizon" "how does Verizon's credo relate to you & your sales & business ethic" "how do you handle stress" then they went over employment history again. From there we role played. They already had an Accesory on the table for me to "sale" to one of the managers. Just ask discovery questions, and try to get them to buy the product & you'll be fine. From there they asked If I had any questions. ASK QUESTIONS!! They want to know your really interested, and take this time to sale yourself. Lasted about 30 min. Was told they were making their decisions that night & I should hear something the next day

The next day I couldn't wait, so I sent a friendly email to the HR rep to check on the status. Around noon. Received an email back around 5 asking to confirm all my previous employments & have EXACT dates as it could disqualify me. Gave me a date to email everything over then asked a day to call to do a "final review" of my app

4) 1/12/15 received phone call went over employment a last time & it turns out that call was actually an employment offer!!!

Overall pretty quick process. Very stressful & nervewrecking so be on your toes at all times. Background check is VERY THOROUGH so double check everything.

Currently waiting my background check & start date but if all goes well I should start 1/29. So for me, process took 4 weeks.

Hope this helps & good luck!!

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress?
      Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?
      Tell me a time you had to meet a Deadline & had difficulty

Answer Question
    No negotiating. I tried but they stated hourly was set. However, commission is where the real flexibility comes in because you can make between 65,000 + a year

Customer Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

The phone interview was very chaotic. They actually forgot to call me. I had to call them. And then when I called them, they wanted to reschedule. Didn't really seem like they wanted to really hire me at all. Some of these HR people have nothing to do so they just want to create work for themselves.

Software Engineering(Palo Alto) Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Gave them my resume at a career fair, was emailed to make an account online and fill out an application as well as record myself answering a couple of questions. Later was asked to come on site for a 5 hour "superday". At this, went through 3 interviews: a technical one, a behavioral one, and an interesting group interview that involved me collaborating with other candidates in a plane crash situation in deciding what supplies to salvage from a sinking plane.

Interview Questions
    • reverse a linked list   Answer Question
    • If you had two eggs and a 100 story building, what would be the best way to find the lowest floor on which the eggs will crack if dropped from?   Answer Question

was more interested in other options

Technical Support Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I only got through two parts, phone interview and assessment test. Having past experience with customers and taking corrective technical action is a plus. They will ask you about your past experiences and how they relate to Verizon Wireless.

Interview Questions
    • Expect questions on basic communications types of equipment and some standard acronyms during phone interview. Assessment test had 7 parts: technical questions, 2 parts for personality, a timed rule following part, timed typing section, timed problem section with 3 different solutions that you need to rate from good to bad, a multi-task section: simulated incoming calls that need to be transferred while trying to match numbers   View Answer

Customer Experience Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I originally went to an interview in Orangeburg NY and it went great! I was asked many basic interview questions but because the distance was too far i was asked to go to the interview day that verizon was having in my area. I went, and everything went well i spoke to HR and everything and was told that I should hear something after the background check. I have no criminal record or anything but still hasn't heard a thing. I have sent follow up emails and called but no one has responded.

Experience Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Overall, the initial phone interview went well! The interviewer was sure to cover the basics of the position and answer any additional questions I had. Most of the questions allowed me to pull from my resume in order to provide a relevant answer; they weren't designed to be difficult, but rather to allow for a thoughtful response. I never felt pressured or rushed, which was also helpful.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you like to pursue the role of Experience Specialist?   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths as they relate to this job opening?   Answer Question

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR (US)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

I'm the one that just posted a review saying I was told in the interview if chosen in 5-7 days I will be contacted via email or phone and I was just waiting. Well I just got my phone call today offering me the job. If no set backs everything will be done and back within ten business days. I'm so excited. This is a long process and once again I just want to encourage everyone to be patient, and don't think negatively or self doubt yourself. I'm excited class starts on my daughter's birthday. It will be a day to remember. Good luck and happy hunting guys :)

Interview Questions
    • N/A my name, address, job history and education, and etc was confirmed. Benefits were explained. I got the class start date and my schedule for 13 weeks   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Phone call, really wasn't that hard. Had to explain current job status and recent employment. I feel as if you must prepare for the phone role. They give you material to read over so, make sure you have that in hand.

Solutions Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Verizon Wireless.

Got a phone call which was about 10 minutes late, and I don't think she liked the fact that I joked about it. Did not ask any STAR based questions, but went straight into the Credo and role playing on selling 2 products. The roll playing was rather difficult because for sales, you ask the individual questions in order to see how the product would fit into their needs. I would ask her a question while role playing and there was about a 3 second delayed response, which was very confusing. Each question I ask, 3 second delayed response. Maybe this was to throw me off, but came off as very weird.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 years.
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years