Victoria's Secret Stores Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
553 interviews

2.2

Sales Support Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in March 2014.

Got refereed to store around November because they were hiring for Christmas/Holiday season, they had just done the bulk of the hiring and was told to come back in a few weeks. I had to come back into the store at least five or six times and call around three separate times just to get an interview.... in March. The day of the interview I waited on sales floor for around 15 minutes with other interviewees before the interviewing manager greeted us. When she did, it was quick and she escorted us to the back room where we sat in a half circle and did a group interview, she asked us the normal interview questions (what is important to you? strengths/ weaknesses? What do we know about the company? How we can connect the customer with the product? How to create a positive experience for the customers?) It was all pretty laid back and relatively informal. There were associates crossing our path the whole time, since it was during business hours and in the back room. There were also employees right next to us at the break table, listening and talking really loudly, which was a little distracting. The interviewing manager was quirky and very nice, which made it easy for us to get comfortable with her.

Interview Questions
    • She asked us what our favorite animal was, and three traits of the animal. (She said hers was a Cheetah, they are fast, spotted and fierce.) After we had named ours she said that those three adjectives are how we describe ourselves.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

I walked in with my resume and filled out an application form in the store. And i was set up a group interview with the other three girls, which was easy with no unexpected questions. I was informed immediately that i would get a call and set up a time for second interview. The second round went around 20 minutes with category manager. It took 2 weeks.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Personally, we received many applications, most of which were never looked at. If they are written poorly or sloppy, we just threw them out. If the applicant did not look business professional when delivering the application, it really looked bad. If you do not get a call back, calling the store directly will do little but annoy the management team. They will give vague answers about when they will be hiring. If you do get a call back, you will be included in a group interview of usually 3-5 girls. Standard questions are asked, "In this situation, what would you do...?", "Why do you want to work here..."?. Every girl will be given an opportunity to answer. You need to come up with a different answer than the girl(s) before you though. Pretty much any answer related to empowering women & creating a culture of acceptance and honesty will look great. They will call within 2 weeks if they like you. You will be offered the position on the phone. If you do not get a call back, expect a letter in the mail declining your application, but they usually aren't prompt. Good Luck!

P.S You will get an employee discount of 30%. Don't ask about it in the interview, that looks bad.

Interview Questions
    • How will you improve the customer experience? How would you increase sales in Pink Merchandise? Why do you want to work at Victoria's Secret (don't bring up employee discount. I said I wanted to help women become confident and comfortable with their body.)   Answer Question
    I was unable to negotiate. It was my first job, minimum was all I was offered. The management team will undoubtedly tell you that they do not have control over pay-rates.

Seaonal Beauty Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in November 2011.

On my campus, VS had a recruiting booth where they measure girls for free and handed out applications if you were interested in working for VS. I decide to apply for fun just to see if I can get job. A week later I got a call from VS to come in for interview. I was excited and nervous as the same time! Of course, I had to prep for this interview because I honestly never got interview for a job before. My TIP for all first job seekers is look up all interview questions and have someone help you practice them. Also, MAKE sure you dress ALL BLACK business casual because it is VS color uniform. When you dress all black, it gives VS a idea how you look in their company plus this is bonus points for the person who is interviewing you.

Interview process: My interview was a group interview with 6-7 other girls. The person who interview me at the time was the store manager. The very first question was obvious.

Why do you want to work at VS? Why VS? Why should we hire you at VS?

Each girl had a opportunity to talk and my ADVICE to you is to be yourself and let your personality show. At that time, I didn't have any work experience so I used examples of me volunteering or working as a team leader in clubs. Try your best to answer the questions the best you can.

So the store manager continue to asked us a couple more questions. After when the questions was done, the store manager gave us forms to sign. The forms was basic information like address, work experience, references, and availability. I didn't sign the forms before hand because I was recruited from a recruiter at school. (The recruiter gave me a basic card to sign at the time)

After when we finish the forms, the store manager said that they will gives us a call back if hired. In the mean time while waiting, just wait for a week and if they don't call back then just call them back.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at VS? Why VS? Why should we hire you at VS?   Answer Question
    No, the pay was not negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Its a pretty easy process. You just go in the store to pick up an application and bring it right back into the store. The hiring manager was really nice and she called maybe the next day or so to set up an interview. The initial interview was just to see where I wanted to apply for there's beauty sport pink cashwrap etc. I chose cash wrap so she set me up with that manager and I had to go back the next day. After that interview it was about three days before I got a call. I went in to sign paper work which was the usual stuff. The next day I was on the registers. pretty east process.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are basic job interview questions. The hardest was maybe when they asked us if we could sell them an item in the room.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tucson, AZ (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ (US)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in January 2010.

I went into the store and filled out their application. I asked to speak with a manager and provided my resume. I had just finished a prestigious degree at university and showed I was well spoken and highly competent. The manager and I discussed the position and openings. The next day I received a phone call offering me the position. I wasn't really 'interviewed'.

Interview Questions
    • There were really no questions, I just demonstrated obvious competency when discussing the position.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I was told I was offered minimum wage because I had no sales experience.

Sales Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy, UT (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT (US)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2012.

I applied end of May in 2012, and was called in for an interview in August of 2012. I took my application in, they weren't hiring but said they'd keep it on file. I got a job at another retail store (which finally gave me some retail experience) and then early August they called me in for an interview. It was a group interview, and the store manager was interviewing us. We found a table in the food court and about 10 of us sat down and she would ask us questions. Me and 2 other people were forthcoming with answers, and actually tried. Me and a boy were then called back for a one-on-one interview. I didn't get the message until I was on my way to Lake Powell, so on Powell I talked to the manager and she said, don't worry about the one-on-one, we want to hire you. She then told me the benefits (awesome), salary (not so awesome, but I was new and didn't know), and dress code etc. I started training when I got back from Powell and I worked with the other kid who got an interview and it was great fun.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember specifics, but there was a questions essentially asking which is more important: the customer or keeping the store in order. I mentioned something about balancing and multitasking, and another interviewer said customer is more important.   Answer Question
    I didn't know negotiating was an option, so I just let it be.

Sales Associate Interview

The hiring process was fairly easy. This was my first job ever held. The manager was nice and gave me a chance--to which I was thankful for. I loved selling makeup and having a sales quota to hit everyday.

Interview Questions
    • I don't think there was a difficult question asked during the interview.   Answer Question
    None

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Myers, FL (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL (US)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in February 2013.

I went to a job fair and filled out an application. I handed it in to the manger and got a call about a week later. They do a group interview you all meet up and go to the back and they talk to you about the company and ask questions while everybody answers one by one. Its good to dress nice and in all black and act optimistic.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in April 2012.

They came to my school handed them my resume and had a interview the following week. While at the interview I had a group interview which was pretty easy and basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • How would you make a customer feel computable while measuring them for a bra?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!