Victoria's Secret Stores

470 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Lombard, IL (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2012.

Interview Details What can you tell me about yourself, past relevant experience, what do you know about the company.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details Group interview and they wanted to know simple things like leadership qualities and goals and ambitions.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty simple. Would you like the job? Ok it if minimum wage pay

Inventory Deployment Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in April 2014.

Interview Details The entire process was smooth. I received a call from the recruiter on a Thursday to schedule an interview with 5 Managers and a Director for the following Tuesday. The interview was very straightforward as most of the questions were about analytical skills and collaboration. I got an email from the recruiter two days later and was asked to come in to meet with one more Manager. I met with that Manager the following day and was asked more questions about collaboration and influencing others. I was offered the job the following Tuesday. The offer was in line with what I expected so there was not need to negotiate. Advice to anyone interviewing for similar roles with VSS is to come prepared with SPECIFIC examples of situations in which you displayed analytical and collaboration skills. Good Luck!

Interview Question – How many blades of grass are on a football field.   Answer Question

Frisco, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in July 2010.

Interview Details Submitted my application in person and scheduled an interview on the spot. The interview was in a few days and at the conclusion on the interview I received an offer. The questions were general "why do you want this job" and questions about other time commitments. No brainer!

Interview Question – "What is your greatest strength"   View Answer

Brands Manager and Operations Manager Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details I applied online forBath and Body Works brand. I was contacted by a recruiter to interview for The Victoria's Secret brand. It was a phone interview, which as a hiring manger at my currnt company, I am not a fan of. I guess I am old school and prefer to meet applicants in person. I was not offered a position. I guess my 15+ years in retail management was not acceptable. The recruiter was very polite with the turn down though.

Interview Question – I believe all questions asked were expected for the position applied for.   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2013.

Interview Details Applied in store. Received a call back. Group interview. Got the job!

Interview Question – What do you expect here?   Answer Question

Intimates Category Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in August 2012.

Interview Details I was an inside hire and so most of the questions that I answered were more detailed than an outside hire. I was asked what my career goals were, what was a difficult moment at the store and who did I work through it, and how could I better the store I would be moving to. Most of the interviews are about knowledge and lingo dropping because it shows your dedication.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was how would I specifically make the store better. Its hard to know that answer without knowing what the store's flaws are to begin with.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Virginia Beach, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in April 2014.

Interview Details The interview was fairly easy for me at least. I was one of four girls and 3 out of 4 of us have had retail experience already. I showed up 15 minutes early and was told to come back in 10 minutes because the other girls haven't shown up yet, so I just looked around the store. The assistant manager gathered us and took us to a table at the food court, pulled out our applications and I saw that mine was checked 'Yes' already before anything started which was great! I applied in person and came to the store regularly so I was a familiar face already. She told us that she was gonna ask us questions one at a time and she always asked me first. Only asked us about two questions each, then went into the job detail and what she expected etc. Then afterwards we all thanked her for the interview and she told us that the actual hiring manager was on vacation so we'd hear back a week later when she returns. Then it was over.

Interview Question – 1. Have you ever up sold a customer?
2. Sell me your outfit.
questions for the other girls were
-How would a manager describe you in 3 words?

she asked if we knew our sister sizes
asked the difference between servicing a customer and selling

FYI : I was the only one who showed up in all black clothing since it's their uniform and I was used as an example for appropriate dress attire so wear all black!
smile naturally and be cheery and confidence with a positive attitude
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – there wasn't any

Flex Associate Interview

Muskegon, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2013.

Interview Details I was hired over the summer for SAS, but no one got back to me for about a month after my second interview. I had gotten another job in the mean time assuming I didn't get hired. The managers did not communicate and whom I had my second interview with went on vacation and no one knew that I was supposed to get hired. I was then again given an interview for Holiday and had to keep calling them to find out what was going on. It was very stressful and I really did not like the hiring process. It was all very unorganized.

Interview Question – I thought all of the questions were very reasonable.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Austin, TX (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in October 2012.

Interview Details Turned in my application at a store and before I could even make it out to my car a manager had called me asking to come back for an interview a few days later. It was a group interview with myself and about five other women. We went around the circle and answered the same question. Make sure you offer a unique answer and don't just regurgitate what someone else before you has said. I was called back the same night and offered a position.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty run of the mill, just know your strengths and how to make your weaknesses look like strengths.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Victoria's Secret Stores

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Victoria's Secret Stores interview questions and advice. All 470 interview reviews are posted anonymously by Victoria's Secret Stores employees and interview candidates.