Victoria's Secret Stores

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales and Stock Assistant- London Interview

Sales and Stock Assistant- London

Interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores

Interview Details I saw the vacancy on google and applied through a quick online application, the following day I received an email detailing: that I had been chosen to go forward to the next stage of the recruitment process. I was given an option to choose between two interview dates, after replying back I received another email a few hours later confirming my selected date and advising: to wear black to the interview (dress code business black), the location of the interview and details of the interview (group interview consisting of situational and competence based questions). The interview took place the following week, on arrival we signed our names in on a sheet and were taken upstairs by one of the interviewers into an individual conference room. We were left alone for 5 minutes whilst a Victoria's Secret catwalk clip was playing in the background. The interview commenced and we went through a register and realised that a few people didn't turn up, so there were only a few people present, so we worked within that small group.

The introduction involved telling an interesting fact about yourself, where you worked previously and why you want to work at VS.

Following the introduction we were given a group activity in our group of five: different types of bras were put out and a bottle of body lotion, we were then asked a hypothetical scenario question (see interview questions) and had to work in the group to demonstrate our teamwork and retail/customer service knowledge and skills.

Next, we had a selling activity. We were each handed one VS product (mostly underwear) and were required to conduct a one minute sales pitch in front of the group and interviewers. (See interview questions section)

We were then asked individual interview questions which were broken down into two parts:

The first questions were based on hypothetical scenarios in VS, and how or what we would do in that particular situation as an employee. (See interview questions section)

The second half consisted of typical interview style questions which relate back to our previous work experience/or even life experience. (See interview questions section)

We then did a bit of admin work, which involved signing a sheet with our availability/any requested holiday. We were also given an option whether we wanted to work within sales, stock room or even overnight shifts. If we wanted to work in a specific department I.e pink then we would have to note that down too, however the more flexible and available you are, the higher chance you have in succeeding with your application.

The interview was then concluded by the interviewees asking the interviewers any questions/concerns that they had.

The process was very quick and informative, the experience was fun and the atmosphere was relaxed. The group of people I had been interviewed with were absolutely lovely.

I received a call the following day to be told that I was successful.

Interview Question – I'm not going to give too many details away! But I hope you guys get the general gist.
Group activity: given a scenario whereby a customer wanted a product which was no longer in stock. We could only sell the products that we had in front of us, however how would we go about this?
Demonstrate team work skills, listening, communication skills, leadership, problem solving and eliminating and deduction.

Selling activity: mostly consisted of underwear and one person had a pair of jogging bottoms.
Had to show your unique selling skills on the spot.

Interview questions:
Examples: name a time when you had received poor customer service and why, what would you do in that situation to correct it?
Name a time when you had to deal with a problem that was not relevant or important during the time when you were working and how did you go about it?
Name a time when you have had to have the help or assistance of a team member.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Campus Representative Interview

Campus Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in January 2014.

Interview Details After being on the street team for my first year, I was approached by a graduating intern to interview since she liked the way I took initiative during the school year. After sending her my resume, I received an email from the head of the campus rep program three weeks later. I scheduled a Skype interview for two weeks later. The interview was very easygoing, and she was extremely sweet. I was then offered a position a week later!

Interview Question – If selected to be a campus rep, what ideas do you have for events?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Salem, OR (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2012.

Interview Details Group interview. Dropped off resume at store, got a call a few days later for interview. Called back for second group interview. All but one of the members of the group was hired after the second interview.

Interview Question – What was your best bra fitting experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Very Easy Interview

Lawrenceville, NJ (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in June 2010.

Interview Details Hiring and Interview process was quick. I was a student and went in to request an application. I don't really remember all the detail, because it was a while ago, but I remember have orientation within a few days and starting immediately. The orientation included a small to med group of girls.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you   Answer Question

Columbus, OH (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2013.

Interview Details I only had one interview, but sometimes that isn't the case. When I turned in my application I spoke with a manager/supervisor for a few minutes and kind of went over it and then she set up a group interview since they had some coming up, that may not always happen as Victoria's Secret always accepts applications even when we aren't necessarily hiring. After my interview, they called all of my references and a couples days later called me and told me I got the job and set up a day for me to come in and start my training.

Interview Question – Most of the questions weren't that difficult, it was the usual:
 "tell me about a time when you had to overcome an obstacle in the work place"
"tell me about your worst shopping experience and how you would do it different if you were the associate."
"what do you find most rewarding about working in customer service?"
"why do you want to work for victoria's secret?"
"if you had describe yourself in 3 words what would they be?"
  Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier

Interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores

Interview Details Really informal interview process. I was interviewed on the sales floor, actually I thought it was kinda unprofessional because customers were walking by and staring. I also thought it was a weird interview and I wasn't sure if they were just calling me in to meet me, or hire me

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here   Answer Question

Cashier/Lingerie Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Lingerie Sales Associate
Westland, MI (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in September 2012.

Interview Details Filled out application. Was called a week later to come in for a group interview. Was asked about 10 questions. The other 2 girls didn't show up during my interview so it went pretty quick. Asked what my availability would be like during the holiday season and during the weekend. Gave me the basic run down of how the store worked.
Was called a week later with the job.
They WILL Call the people on your application.

Interview Question – How do you handle situations that you don't like   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Knoxville, TN (US)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in January 2014.

Interview Details asked a lot of common sense questions. it wasn't a hard process, and the manager was very understanding to your responses. I liked I wasn't pressured in the group interview.

Interview Question – what are your skills for great customer service?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – got hours and higher pay.

Manassas, VA (US)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores in May 2012.

Interview Details Went into the store to apply, I got a call for an interview date with in a week. The interview was a group interview. The same questions were asked among all of us. Once that was over, the manager asked how our availability was. Personally, I think that's what determined if you got a job or not. If you were more available than the next person, you pretty much got the job. Once the interview was over, 4-5 days later I got a call back and accepted their offer

Interview Question – None of the questions were hard. Very generic. Why Victoria's Secret? What can you bring to Victoria's Secret if hired? What knowledge do you have about bras, right now?   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA (US)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Victoria's Secret Stores.

Interview Details general questions about my background- job and education history. The Manager used the application as a guide to ask me questions, also gave me a lot of information about the job responsibilities including the days and hours. The Manager was very helpful and gave me a good impression about the store and the staff

Interview Question – The manager wanted specific information about the hours I could work   Answer Question

Worked for Victoria's Secret Stores? Contribute to the Community!