Visa Inc.

Updated 13 Dec 2014
Updated 13 Dec 2014

2.8

New Grad Program Interview

Interview process extremely disorganized and constantly left in the dark. I attended a career fair and talked to a recruiter about my interest in the New Grad Program. I had already applied on my school's career site. She calls me that night inviting me in for an early interview to see if I would be a good fit. I go in for that interview, which went very well, and talked to 2 people who had very little knowledge of the program itself. Not sure why I was speaking to them in the first place. I also wasn't sure if the early interview was a pre-screen or an actual first round interview; this was not made clear to me at all. After that, I was not kept informed of the timeline and was basically left out to dry, confused as to where I was in the process.

I emailed the recruiter I spoke to for a follow up but the email bounced. After checking LinkedIn, I find that the recruiter had left Visa right in the middle of recruitment season for another job. She had been at Visa for only 5 months before jumping ship... again, a horrible reflection of Visa. It must be terrible to work there.

I interviewed with Visa the year before as well for an internship but declined the second round interview because I had already accepted another offer. They took 2 months to get back to me between the first and second round. Extremely disappointing. Visa has a terrible recruitment team and if the HR team reflects on the company at all, it's not somewhere I would like to work.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult, purely conversational and getting to know your personality.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Visa Inc..

Called for a face to face interview by the hiring manager. The interview lasted for around 45 minutes. Asked questions both technical and behavioral. The interviewee was very friendly and explained in detail the teams that I would be a match for.

Interview Questions
    • Related to my resume and some concepts in network security   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Visa Inc. in December 2014.

A multiple choice test comprising of topics across all the domains of Computer science like Networking,infrastructure,Machine learning/Hadoop(these were a tough ask),Operating system and application security. Also there were two programming questions which were easy enough.
    The questions were as follows:
    1. Given a word find the value of it according to a certain rule (The alphabets were given a value in a Fibonacci sequence)
    2. Given resources and their worth and total time find the maximum value you can obtain from them.(Was a simple DP implementation)

First Interview: The Interview started with basic "Tell me about yourself". Then the interviewer asked me a few questions on OOP's namely on Data encapsulation, Inheritance, Polymorphism. Then he asked me one question on a binary tree.

I didn't get through to the next round. There were 3 rounds of interview in total.

Intern Interview

Applied through the campus career service center. Received an email saying I received an interview. Had a 1 to 1 interview which lasted about 30 minutes. The interviewers were extremely nice and made the environment feel fairly relaxed.

Software Engineer Interview

in online test, six sections are there. first section consists of two coding questions,rest all sections are mcq's. they are asking from computer networks , java , securities mainly. coding questions are very simple.mcqs are very easy and they are asking from meching learning also

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

all day interview with 5-7people. After that the manager has to write an essay to justify the person he wants to bring in. The write up is then reviewed by a number of top executives which can take 2-4 months until you hear back

Senior Software Engineer Interview

good analytic skills required and need very deep knowledge on JAVA, Spring and hibernates. Collections, Multithreading and JVM process will be helpful. Work experience challenges and how was it resolved and whats your part in it.

Intern Interview

Not difficult, all basic questions. There are two interviews. One is with the HR and the other one is with the manager. Most of the questions are basic questions like describe your past project experience or work experience.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

I was granted an interview through the referral program. Their new offices are very nice and modern and located on the 3rd floor. Met with 4 different decision makers in the company. They ask behavioral questions and judge how compatible you will be with the team. Casual type atmosphere.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions are about multitasking and how you access it.   Answer Question

Senior Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Contacted by Visa and invited for a 1st round of onsite interviews at Visa's Foster City HQ Thought I did well in the interviews but after a 4 week gap of complete silence assumed they weren't interested (ok, fair enough, perhaps I didn't do as well as I'd thought).

Out of the blue receive a surprise invitation to come back for a 2nd round to interview with a SVP and 2 others -- also thought I'd done well. However, apparently not. Another 4 weeks pass by.

Finally hear back and am asked to come in for a 3rd round of interviews, this time including an EVP.

After those interviews, zip. No follow-up, no updates, no response to emails or phone messages. Crickets.

Interview Questions
    • How can we improve our recruiting process?   View Answer