Visa Inc.

Updated 20 Jan 2015
Updated 20 Jan 2015

2.8

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I applied on-line, shortly after I received a call from a recruiter that had set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. The interview was pleasant and the following week I received via e-mail a link to two different on-line test which candidates were required to take to move forward in the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • The interview itself was fine, the third party on-line test had some strange questions, such as GBLT in the workplace and if you have religious views that different than someone at work, and the statements had no place for an "it depends answer" - forced answers into agree and disagree.   View Answer

Product Acceptance Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I first did an in person interview with a recruiter at my University. It was a basic interview. I initially interviewed for a Marketing internship and they asked me about my resume and a few behavioral questions. This was in September, and after what seemed like forever, in December they contacted me for a second interview, but not for Marketing which I wanted, but for Product Acceptance. So, I decided to interview anyway and this time my interview was with top management in the department. This interview was surprisingly informal and I was mostly asked to go through my resume again and why I was interested in this career path. Two days later I received a call from my recruiter with the news that I received an offer. Everyone was very nice and cordial throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to pursue your specific degree and career path?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Graduate Development Program Interview

The interview progress is very fluent and efficient~There are three rounds of interview. Phone interview, one to two interview(panel) and the last round is a Superday ( one to three interview). Hiring managers are very kind and encouraging along the process. Great Experience~

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are not meant to make you feel hard.
      Mostly competency questions. You might be asked about some details of the experiences you have shared in your CV or resume.

Answer Question
    Fluent and efficient~

Director of Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Interview process was fast

Questions asked included behavioral

Print binary tree
    Features that launched in different jdk versions
    Design service discovery
    Design finding issue in a library in one of the layers of the service
    Can you adjust at Visa
    find duplicate range in sorted array

Interview Questions
    • Explain Features that were launched in each jdk version   View Answer

Senior Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc..

5 qualified applicants, 5 interviewers one hour each over two months. I was the lead candidate as I had been doing the work as a contractor for 2 years. This exempted me from having to submit my college GPA apparently. Notes from all interviewers for all candidates are sent to a review board. The review board makes a recommendation and the CIO reviews the recommendation. The CIO has very strong opinions about what schools are "good". There is very little interest in any kind of diversity.

Interview Questions
    • All were good, solid, basic questions to be expected at this level   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

I'm a computer science major. Saw their booth at a career fair and talked to a bunch of recruiters. Had interview at the conference the next day-- probably the most laid back interview I've ever had. A few behavioral questions and then it just became about the company and the work I could be doing.

Worked with HR to set up another phone interview in the department I'd be working in. She asked me one or two difficult technical questions, but mostly just talked about Visa and gauged my interest level. I got a call saying I got the job a few days later. Whole process took around a month. Currently getting a pretty extensive background check and waiting to hear more.

CS, math majors, and engineers: apply here! They're looking for people who can program and who have strong math backgrounds. Never had Visa on my radar, but they have a lot of opportunities that pay very well. I got a great vibe from the people I met, everyone seems passionate about their job, the employees are diverse, and I truly enjoyed speaking to everyone. I turned down other offers from big names in software because I liked the people and I felt they really care about the growth of their interns. I'm excited to work there this summer.

Interview Questions
    • Research the position you're applying for and know what people in that field do.   Answer Question
    Didn't even need to negotiate... they're paying for my housing and flights and paying me $25/hr

Manager, Marketing Analytics Strategy and Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2015.

Submitted my resume after finding a job posting on LinkedIn, was contacted through email about a month later. Asked to come in for a round of interviews (6 people: VPs, SVP, Directors, and Sr. Recruiter 30 min each). Usually they hold a phone interview first but due to the holidays they went straight for in-person interviews in early January.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were pretty standard strengths, weaknesses, accomplishments, etc. There was a desire for more some more technical depth in survey analysis (such as cross-tabs), yet overall it wasn't extremely difficult.   Answer Question

Software Interview

Went to a school career fair and went to the Visa Booth. The guy looked over my resume for like 10 minutes while I explained everything on my Resume and then some. Then I was told I would get a one on one interview the next day.

I went into the interview the next day and he just asked random questions about myself. Questions were not so technical. There was one technical question about how would I design a program, but it was just the barebones of the program so it was pretty short and simple. Everyone was just normal doing their job. Interview was nothing special.

Interview Questions
    • If someone that hated me came into the room right now, what would he say about me?   Answer Question

Information Security Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Visa Inc. in January 2015.

First round, supposed to be technical, but it's just like a random talk. Mainly about past related experiences on cryptography and network based on resume. The interviewers are very nice and I was not nervous at all. Since it is for internship, the whole process was not very hard. Still waiting for more information from the recruiter.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Visa Inc..

Contacted recruiter through tech talk and she guided me through process. Asked me for my preferences then would set me up with an interview. The interview was with a manager, and mostly behavioral.