W.W. Grainger

W.W. Grainger Interview Questions

Updated 20 Jan 2015
Updated 20 Jan 2015

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

The process was quick. Had a successful first interview and was invited for a second interview. Phone interview was easy with simple questions. The second interview was more difficult. I was interviewed by three people, and they all asked different questions.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult time of my life and how I went through it.   Answer Question

Government Account Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

They use the STAR process. They ask about a scenario, a task, the action you took and the obtained result. I would suggest to put it in a story like mode where you tell the interviewer little chapters of your professional experience in a succinct fashion

Interview Questions
    • Tell me of a time that you helped a colleague with a personal problem and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Rushed to do interviewing so they can hire in a 3 week period go through 4 interviews and get no response until you have to follow up. They constantly were in contact and I was told that they loved my work ethic and overall skills and then send me an email telling me there were stronger candidates.

Interview Questions
    • They want you to answer questions in their wording.   View Answer

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Different managers that really didn't understand the job per say but yet they were in on the interview process which didn't make sense. They had store managers that were interviewing account managers and they didn't even understand what the account manager role was. ve

Interview Questions
    • All interviews are different for each role so its hard to say.   Answer Question
    long and painful

Account Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

First there is a screening phone call by a recruiter, then a Chally personality test, then 2 interviews with hiring level managers and finally an interview with a VP. They took quite some time to give me their final decision. All interviews were basically variations of standard sales interviews where they are looking for STAR answers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you mentored a peer and the positive benefit both of you gained.   Answer Question
    Salary was negotiable, also able to negotiate relocation costs.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at W.W. Grainger in December 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter to fill out an online assessment followed by a phone interview, the next week I was called back for a face to face interview with 2 managers one of which was dressed very unprofessional and sloppy and completely disinterested in the interview. While I answered the STAR format questions the interviewer was twirling her hair and not paying much attention to my answers, the other interviewer was somewhat paying attention and seemed a little more attentive. The next day I was sent an email stating they are going to pursue another candidate.

E-commence Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at W.W. Grainger.

Two rounds. First round on-campus interview; second round four 45 mins interviews. Mostly behavioral questions. Second round interviewers seemed unprepared. Some of them came with a list of common behavioral questions and tried to pick some in the interview. Most questions can be easily found online. I didn't feel them very hard.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Applied through contact made during the career fair as the college posting did not allow international students to apply. Not too difficult as it was mostly behavioral (4 back to back interviews). There was one 15 minute case study which was an analysis of a business problem they dealt with during the last year.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected: Would you choose people from different backgrounds or the same background when trying to build a team   Answer Question

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

interviewed at W.W. Grainger in November 2014.

They ate interested in knowing your previous experience in a sales role. Specifically, are you resourceful and motivated? They ask you to submit info for a background check and take a drug test. 2 - 3,interviews before they let you know.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths? How did that apply to a positive customer interaction?,   Answer Question
    Very open, I got a great deal.

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at W.W. Grainger.

I applied though our university career fair and was contacted by a member of the Grainger recruiting team a week later. I had a 45 minute one on one interview with him. I was then contacted a week after that to attend final round interviews in Lake Forest, Il. I was flow to their offices where I had a full day of 4- 45 minute interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Given a few minutes to introduce myself then answered basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question